Khabib couldn't even beat Tibau.....

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So what?

Neither could RDA.

Tibau has looked terrible every since getting ko'd by Johnson.

Also, what weighs more; a win over the current champion? or, a gift decision?

I know a few people dislike Khabib, but come on, find something new to talk about. You can't get a bigger win at LW than RDA, unless you are RDA.

Personally I'd value a win over Ferg/Khabib over one over RDA

Personally I'd value a win over Ferg/Khabib over one over RDA

Khabib makes sense because he has beaten the current champion, but as impressive as Ferguson has looked there is no reason to value a win over him more than one over RDA.

1. Khabib DID beat Tibau

2. Tony Ferguson was thoroughly dominated by Danny Castillo on the ground and won via controversial decision not too long ago

I rewatched Tibau fight recently, Khabib actually won. Rogan was embarrassing though, totally biased and unprofessional. He was convinced from beginning Tibau would win and that Khabib is just a kid so he commentated that way. Through entire 3rd round he was saying Khabib needs to finish in order to win that fight, yet it was 30-27 in favor of Khabib by all three judges. Made a total fool of himself.

I had khabib winning that fight. And regardless styles make fights anyone who has watched the sport long enough knows this.

I rewatched Tibau fight recently, Khabib actually won. Rogan was embarrassing though, totally biased and unprofessional. He was convinced from beginning Tibau would win and that Khabib is just a kid so he commentated that way. Through entire 3rd round he was saying Khabib needs to finish in order to win that fight, yet it was 30-27 in favor of Khabib by all three judges. Made a total fool of himself.
mmaweekly had it 30-27 for tibau
http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-148-play-by-play-gleison-tibau-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov

mmafighting had it 30-27 for tibau
http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012...blog-guillard-vs-camoes-tibau-vs-nurmagomedov

sherdog had it 30-27 for tibau
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-148-Results-Live-PlaybyPlay-Updates-44001

mmajunkie had it 30-27 for tibau
http://mmajunkie.com/2012/07/ufc-148-results-khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-gleison-tibau

Every major mma sites had it for tibau including myself and i've seen the fight twice. Don't be bias

tibau def won that fight khabib is overrated he has good take downs but his striking is as bad as Cody mckenzies was.

Just because you watched a few highlights of the fight on youtube doesn't make you more knowledgeable than Joe Rogan.

RDA is the only fighter we can't talk about his losses like it still matters. mainly because he improved so much that he probably would never lose those fights again, Lost to Tibau ? Clay Guida ? Stephens ? so what, he'd murk them all right now.
the only loss we can't really affirm he'd win a rematch is Khabib. other than that RDA losses can't be compared to other fighters like that. Let's keep in mind he is the champion for a reason, not a fluke.

You seem to be arguing with yourself TS in your opening post.

So what?

Neither could RDA.

Tibau has looked terrible every since getting ko'd by Johnson.

Also, what weighs more; a win over the current champion? or, a gift decision?

I know a few people dislike Khabib, but come on, find something new to talk about. You can't get a bigger win at LW than RDA, unless you are RDA.
Khabib did beat Tibau....who is a natural WW.

I don't understand the Tony Ferguson hype around here and bank on khabib because I think it's going to be rather a easy W for the Eagle

You know who could beat Tibau?

UFC-194-TONY-FERGUSON-MMAnytt-Photo-Mazdak-Cavian-2.jpg

HollowInfamousHarborporpoise.gif

IQpVMLs.png

Last edited:
It's funny how everyone thinks RDA is some reborn fighter after Khabib. Nothing changed, RDA is 'looking better' because he isn't fighting Khabib. Khabib is/was just that good but is one of those fighters (like Conor in many ways) that people don't want to give rightful acknowledgment to.

Back