Khabib big post fight interview: Conor didn't dare to look me in the eye. I knew that I broke him.

And very little do. He loses and all you read is

He sucks
He has no heart
Will never win a rematch
Will never win another big fight.

To the winner goes the spoils but people love to be Prisoners of the Moment with fights and fighters. Conor will have more chances to flip the script..

Conor is a mercurial figure who inspires all levels of passion in the sport. It's why he brings in astronomical numbers, and he's worth every penny he makes.

You know I don't like him, but facts are facts.

For the record, I think it would be awesome if Khabib denied him a rematch. That will NEVER happen because there are too many dollars involved, but it bothers me in a competitive sport that money trumps everything and means a thousand times as much as winning.

2 year layoff, and he had been stopped in his last fight via strikes the first time in his career. Doesn't matter it was boxing vs one of the GOATs, it might still have fucked up his confidence. And in a fight we saw his striking looked worse than ever. Maybe his prime is over.
Loosing to Floyd really damaged his psyche. I really now think he could actually KO Floyd and when he didnt.....

Yeah, nice cheerleading there except for the "great performance". Great rule bending maybe. Good defensive grappling 1st round, won a close 3rd round...that's about it. Didn't show for post presser and has given no interviews to the fans afaik. Fook McRonda

He is disappointed. It was a huge fight and a tough one to swallow. People like us can never truly understand what it takes to get in there and lay it on the line like that. We sit back with our beer, and bang away on our keyboard when it is over. But we did not go through the battle. And deal with the disappointment of the loss. He will be back. Fighting more than any other sport, has many chances at redemption. It is one of the things I love most about fighting.

Khabib did a big post fight interview och Russias main state owned TV-channel 1.

(I have only translated the first 15 minutes, this thread will be updated if you want more)

Khabib discussed many things:

- The fight
- Ultimatum to UFC
- Meeting with Putin
- Pre-fight anxiety
- What it takes to become a champion
- About pre-fight trash talk
- Face of with Conor in pre fight face off
- Fight with a bear in childhood
+ Much more

Since this is a huge talkshow (over 1 hour) I will not be abled to translate everything, but I will take some topics that I find the most interesting.

Q = Question
A = Answer
(x.xx) = time in video

Q: So how do you feel?

A (2:03): I'm a little worried. Greeting to everyone.

Q: I don't believe that you are worried, since the atmosphere here is a lot friendlier then during your meeting with Conor.

A: I don't think so, because what happens in the cage I experience that every day in training, but what happens now is a little bit uncommon for me, but little by little I'm getting used to it.

Q: Have you gotten any chance to take it all in and get some rest after the fight?

A (2:39): I would like to get some sleep, at least 5 hours or so, but I'm flying around and I'm a little bit jet lagged. But it's ok, my coach in America Javier Mendez told me once. We had many cameras and many commercials before the fight. I told him, I'm tired of this, let's train without the cameras for at least one day. He told me, If you don't want the cameras around you, all you have to do is loose. But if you are thinking about continuing on with winning, you need to shut up and keep training.

Q (3:57): Where is the belt at the moment.

A: It's home, I told them that if you think that I broke the rules or the law, then lock me up, but give me my belt. Because I did what was needed of me inside the octagon, I beat my opponent. (applauds) - Thank you. I beat my opponent, in a fair fight, one on one. Not 30 vs 1, when they attacked the buss. They told me that there are 20 000 upset fans and that they have to worry about my well being and that they were going to give me the belt back stage. I told them that it's not as sweet, I want my belt put on me in front of everybody. They didn't do it, but they gave it to me back stage. I got the belt now, so don't worry, it's in good hands.

Q: (5:09) Yes we didn't see you with the belt, so that's something that was worrying everyone if you would loose the belt. But now when you are writing, that they can keep their money, let them punish me etc. Are you serious when you say this?

A: I would even go as far as saying that I'm very serious. If you ask me about my purse and money in general, If a good person has a lot of money I don't see nothing wrong with that, but is money the main thing in life?
Not for me. In this fight the main thing for me was honor, honor of my family, honor of our homeland, that the opponent insulted. I didn't think for a second that I was going out to some "competition" or "event". I went in there to fight a war. I knew that someone will have to loose, but I was ready to go to the very end.

(They show a clip of Khabib meeting president Vladimir Putin)

Q (8:08): What does it mean for you knowing that the president is among the people supporting you?

A: It's a big honor when Vladimir Vladimirovich congratulates you and congratulates you in person. And also that he values the work you put in, not only the work that I've put in but also the work of my father. Because me and my father spent 25 years in side the gym, maybe even more. I can only remember myself from the time I was 5 years old, but my father actually told me that I took my first steps inside the gym, which means that I was there since I was 2 years old. We spent out whole life inside the gym. So I am very pleased that Vladimir Vladimirovich is supporting us, but I feel that the whole country showed us great support. Where every I go... to be honest I can barely find myself this last week. You know I have never been this famous person and all of this fame that fell over me is a little bit uncomfortable to be honest. But what can you do if you keep winning? It's like Javier says, you need to accept this.

Q: After this fight, many new people that haven't known about you, UFC and that only recently found out about the sport of MMA know about you. Now you are most certainly a famous man that will feel all sides of fame. Your opponent Conor is used to being public, show up his life, his wife and child. The fans know little about your private life. We would like to know about your wife and kids, you said for instance that your son will be competing in 20 years, that must mean that you are already thinking about him following in you footsteps?

A (9:51): I think that he will. When I came home and saw that my son fell asleep on my belt, I think it's a good sign. He fell a sleep while holding my belt, but he is not even 1 year old. I don't think he understands what he is doing, but it's still pleasing to see. Honestly I wouldn't want him to experience what I have experienced, because everyone thinks that being a professional athlete is so cool, but they don't see what it takes to get there. Most people only see me for about 40 minutes from the walk out and during the fight. They don't see the 25 years of hard work, all the surgeries that I've had on my knees, my back, my hand, ribs, how I almost died two years ago while cutting weight. People don't see this, but it's kind off dangerous also, people think that I'm an professional athlete, but at the same time I'm almost a disabled person, you are playing on the edge all the time. I would want him to compete in an olympic sport, not professional sport, I am talking about a sport like boxing, judo, freestyle wrestling. Then we'll see how thing go, but without a doubt he will be training some kind of sport. Because out country need tough guys who will defend the honor of their families and their country, especially now that Russia is becoming stronger and I know from my own experience that people start to dislike you when you become stronger. So out country needs strong guys and my son for sure will training.

(They discuss the bear video for a while)

Q: What attributes to you have to possess to meet any opponent fearlessly?

A: (14:08) You know that fear and anxiety those are two emotions that are related closely to each other. Anxiety is good, but if you are starting to experience fear, it's the end. You can not control your emotions, your brain can't give commands to your muscles. When you sense fear, many things in your body shut down, but out of anxiety my things start to function at a higher level. If you learn to control these emotions, you will be successful. You prepare for a fight for 2 month, training cutting weight, but if you get out there and sense fear you loose everything. I got control of this area after many years, It didn't come at once. You are not born with this, of course you can be born "champion material" but to actually become a champion you have to work very hard. So work, experience and ability to listen and learn from your coaches.

Also when you get face to face with your opponent, you can tell a lot from looking in to the eyes of your opponent. You can look at my face, because the eyes never lie. (TO ALL SHERDOG PSYCHOANALITICS OUT THERE: THE PHOTO HE IS TALKING ABOUT IS SHOWN AT (15:41) IN THE VIDEO. Thanks to Lois for uploading the picture).
2l8yx5g.jpg

He can say what he wants, but look where he is looking and then look where my ayes are looking. Here I understood that I broke him. A person can say whatever he wants, but when you stand if front of him face to face you can understand what is happening beneath.

Q: Did he look away?

A: He never even looked me in the eyes. It was like he was looking me in the eyes, but he was never actually looking. I felt like he was looking somewhere here in the middle (Khabib points with finger between his eyes 16:07). Somewhere around the eyes, he never looked right into my eyes. Not once did he look me in the eyes. Everything that happened, the press conference, weigh ins, the open training etc. the close we got to the fight the more he broke. And when we were inside the cage before the fight (16:22 footage from inside cage before start of the fight that is being discussed). I looked him in the eyes, I looked at his state and his appearance and I saw that he is already broken. I turned to my brother and said this and he told me not to think that and that I should focus. I told him that it's ok and that he shouldn't worry.

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to write all that out. Much appreciated

Yeah, nice cheerleading there except for the "great performance". Great rule bending maybe. Good defensive grappling 1st round, won a close 3rd round...that's about it. Didn't show for post presser and has given no interviews to the fans afaik. Fook McRonda

I hate Conor. I hate what he represents to the spirit of competition. I hate his clownish TMZ attitude. I hear him say his bits and I think he sounds like an inbred imbecile.

He did far better in that fight than I expected.

He has put on truly spectacular performances in the octagon.

Most people only see me for about 40 minutes from the walk out and during the fight. They don't see the 25 years of hard work, all the surgeries that I've had on my knees, my back, my hand, ribs, how I almost died two years ago while cutting weight.

Some deep stuff for Khabib lol

Conor is a mercurial figure who inspires all levels of passion in the sport. It's why he brings in astronomical numbers, and he's worth every penny he makes.

You know I don't like him, but facts are facts.

For the record, I think it would be awesome if Khabib denied him a rematch. That will NEVER happen because there are too many dollars involved, but it bothers me in a competitive sport that money trumps everything and means a thousand times as much as winning.

I really want Conor to fight Dustin or Diaz next. Just put on another great one for the fans and get back in the game..

we should place bets on how many 'not shook:100%confirmed' threads their will be this weekend.

I really want Conor to fight Dustin or Diaz next. Just put on another great one for the fans and get back in the game..

And that makes sense.

Great fights against decent lightweights.

I'd definitely watch.

Man the power of interpretation. Conor was trying to intimidate khabib about 'blue lips' and khabib just thinks 'hes scared to look me in the eye' and becomes more confident. Thats pretty cool.

Conor trying to break khabib was like seeing a guy trying to break a wall with his head. The more he tried, the more it back fired.

He is disappointed. It was a huge fight and a tough one to swallow. People like us can never truly understand what it takes to get in there and lay it on the line like that. We sit back with our beer, and bang away on our keyboard when it is over. But we did not go through the battle. And deal with the disappointment of the loss. He will be back. Fighting more than any other sport, has many chances at redemption. It is one of the things I love most about fighting.
Except the great majority of other fighters do it. Nah, uh uh.

Khabib did a big post fight interview och Russias main state owned TV-channel 1.

(I have only translated the first 15 minutes, this thread will be updated if you want more)

Khabib discussed many things:

- The fight
- Ultimatum to UFC
- Meeting with Putin
- Pre-fight anxiety
- What it takes to become a champion
- About pre-fight trash talk
- Face of with Conor in pre fight face off
- Fight with a bear in childhood
+ Much more

Since this is a huge talkshow (over 1 hour) I will not be abled to translate everything, but I will take some topics that I find the most interesting.

Q = Question
A = Answer
(x.xx) = time in video

Q: So how do you feel?

A (2:03): I'm a little worried. Greeting to everyone.

Q: I don't believe that you are worried, since the atmosphere here is a lot friendlier then during your meeting with Conor.

A: I don't think so, because what happens in the cage I experience that every day in training, but what happens now is a little bit uncommon for me, but little by little I'm getting used to it.

Q: Have you gotten any chance to take it all in and get some rest after the fight?

A (2:39): I would like to get some sleep, at least 5 hours or so, but I'm flying around and I'm a little bit jet lagged. But it's ok, my coach in America Javier Mendez told me once. We had many cameras and many commercials before the fight. I told him, I'm tired of this, let's train without the cameras for at least one day. He told me, If you don't want the cameras around you, all you have to do is loose. But if you are thinking about continuing on with winning, you need to shut up and keep training.

Q (3:57): Where is the belt at the moment.

A: It's home, I told them that if you think that I broke the rules or the law, then lock me up, but give me my belt. Because I did what was needed of me inside the octagon, I beat my opponent. (applauds) - Thank you. I beat my opponent, in a fair fight, one on one. Not 30 vs 1, when they attacked the buss. They told me that there are 20 000 upset fans and that they have to worry about my well being and that they were going to give me the belt back stage. I told them that it's not as sweet, I want my belt put on me in front of everybody. They didn't do it, but they gave it to me back stage. I got the belt now, so don't worry, it's in good hands.

Q: (5:09) Yes we didn't see you with the belt, so that's something that was worrying everyone if you would loose the belt. But now when you are writing, that they can keep their money, let them punish me etc. Are you serious when you say this?

A: I would even go as far as saying that I'm very serious. If you ask me about my purse and money in general, If a good person has a lot of money I don't see nothing wrong with that, but is money the main thing in life?
Not for me. In this fight the main thing for me was honor, honor of my family, honor of our homeland, that the opponent insulted. I didn't think for a second that I was going out to some "competition" or "event". I went in there to fight a war. I knew that someone will have to loose, but I was ready to go to the very end.

(They show a clip of Khabib meeting president Vladimir Putin)

Q (8:08): What does it mean for you knowing that the president is among the people supporting you?

A: It's a big honor when Vladimir Vladimirovich congratulates you and congratulates you in person. And also that he values the work you put in, not only the work that I've put in but also the work of my father. Because me and my father spent 25 years in side the gym, maybe even more. I can only remember myself from the time I was 5 years old, but my father actually told me that I took my first steps inside the gym, which means that I was there since I was 2 years old. We spent out whole life inside the gym. So I am very pleased that Vladimir Vladimirovich is supporting us, but I feel that the whole country showed us great support. Where every I go... to be honest I can barely find myself this last week. You know I have never been this famous person and all of this fame that fell over me is a little bit uncomfortable to be honest. But what can you do if you keep winning? It's like Javier says, you need to accept this.

Q: After this fight, many new people that haven't known about you, UFC and that only recently found out about the sport of MMA know about you. Now you are most certainly a famous man that will feel all sides of fame. Your opponent Conor is used to being public, show up his life, his wife and child. The fans know little about your private life. We would like to know about your wife and kids, you said for instance that your son will be competing in 20 years, that must mean that you are already thinking about him following in you footsteps?

A (9:51): I think that he will. When I came home and saw that my son fell asleep on my belt, I think it's a good sign. He fell a sleep while holding my belt, but he is not even 1 year old. I don't think he understands what he is doing, but it's still pleasing to see. Honestly I wouldn't want him to experience what I have experienced, because everyone thinks that being a professional athlete is so cool, but they don't see what it takes to get there. Most people only see me for about 40 minutes from the walk out and during the fight. They don't see the 25 years of hard work, all the surgeries that I've had on my knees, my back, my hand, ribs, how I almost died two years ago while cutting weight. People don't see this, but it's kind off dangerous also, people think that I'm an professional athlete, but at the same time I'm almost a disabled person, you are playing on the edge all the time. I would want him to compete in an olympic sport, not professional sport, I am talking about a sport like boxing, judo, freestyle wrestling. Then we'll see how thing go, but without a doubt he will be training some kind of sport. Because out country need tough guys who will defend the honor of their families and their country, especially now that Russia is becoming stronger and I know from my own experience that people start to dislike you when you become stronger. So out country needs strong guys and my son for sure will training.

(They discuss the bear video for a while)

Q: What attributes to you have to possess to meet any opponent fearlessly?

A: (14:08) You know that fear and anxiety those are two emotions that are related closely to each other. Anxiety is good, but if you are starting to experience fear, it's the end. You can not control your emotions, your brain can't give commands to your muscles. When you sense fear, many things in your body shut down, but out of anxiety my things start to function at a higher level. If you learn to control these emotions, you will be successful. You prepare for a fight for 2 month, training cutting weight, but if you get out there and sense fear you loose everything. I got control of this area after many years, It didn't come at once. You are not born with this, of course you can be born "champion material" but to actually become a champion you have to work very hard. So work, experience and ability to listen and learn from your coaches.

Also when you get face to face with your opponent, you can tell a lot from looking in to the eyes of your opponent. You can look at my face, because the eyes never lie. (TO ALL SHERDOG PSYCHOANALITICS OUT THERE: THE PHOTO HE IS TALKING ABOUT IS SHOWN AT (15:41) IN THE VIDEO. Thanks to Lois for uploading the picture).
2l8yx5g.jpg

He can say what he wants, but look where he is looking and then look where my ayes are looking. Here I understood that I broke him. A person can say whatever he wants, but when you stand if front of him face to face you can understand what is happening beneath.

Q: Did he look away?

A: He never even looked me in the eyes. It was like he was looking me in the eyes, but he was never actually looking. I felt like he was looking somewhere here in the middle (Khabib points with finger between his eyes 16:07). Somewhere around the eyes, he never looked right into my eyes. Not once did he look me in the eyes. Everything that happened, the press conference, weigh ins, the open training etc. the close we got to the fight the more he broke. And when we were inside the cage before the fight (16:22 footage from inside cage before start of the fight that is being discussed). I looked him in the eyes, I looked at his state and his appearance and I saw that he is already broken. I turned to my brother and said this and he told me not to think that and that I should focus. I told him that it's ok and that he shouldn't worry.

Damn that's a lot of hard work translating that much. Thanks a bunch bro!

Hey guys, I'm the one that originally translated the interview and the OP copy/pasted it here. I appreciate all the thanks!

I hate Conor. I hate what he represents to the spirit of competition. I hate his clownish TMZ attitude. I hear him say his bits and I think he sounds like an inbred imbecile.

He did far better in that fight than I expected.

He has put on truly spectacular performances in the octagon.
I can ride with that, spot on, except I'm more critical of his determination (what some call heart) in the cage and can't say "good job" when you're paid millions to do it and offer that in return.

Of course we talk about "Conor" in the UFC like he's a separate entity. They're basically one and the same and his career path has been manicured for him so he gets no slack from me. He's well compensated and I doubt that he cares what I think/say.

Back