Khabib Awesomeness

jack36767

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Now I'll be the first to admit he looked vulnerable on his feet, but on the ground.. woo hoo hoo wow. When in side control he goes for that crucifix position that Demetrius Johnson and Matt Hughes used so well to rain down unhindered strikes. And my favorite.. when Johnson tries to escape.. Khabib starts riding him in turtle, no not a "scramble" riding him. He gets a 2-on-1 grip on Johnsons arm and uses hip pressure and leverage to roll Johnson's arm under his belly and flatten him, then switches to a near wrist ride, and then has a free hand to deliver strikes with power and Johnson has no real way of stopping it. Every time Johnson rebuilds his base Khabib simply switches back to the 2-on-1 breaks Johnson back down and goes back to knocking his shit in. Khabib is working much less hard than Johnson too. Perfect example of folkstyle matwork applied to mma and ground and pound to deal with a striker who wants to escape

It was impressive.

He better not blow it against Ferg.

He was almost doing "knee on face" in addition to the crucifix

I hadn't watched that until now but... damn. He will mirk Conor on the ground, he'd just better have a good plan to get him there. Conor's hands are no joke

lol @ the first comment "UFC shouldn't upload rape."

Beautiful work. He has his work cut out for him against Ferguson though. Cucuy has the tools to not get grapplefucked, and if it stays standing Khabib will be in a world of hurt.

Beautiful work. He has his work cut out for him against Ferguson though. Cucuy has the tools to not get grapplefucked, and if it stays standing Khabib will be in a world of hurt.
Which is funny to think, since Danny Castillo did successfully grapplefuck him.

Ferguson has always been way too sub happy. Most of the times Castillo got on top was because Ferguson insisted on going for a sub. His takedown defense in that fight was really good as far as I recall.

And I would assume a successful grapplefuck at least meant you won the fight?

I dont know, cucuy is dangerous, but khabib is a grappling machine, I dont think cucuy will be able to get him off....

Obviously Khabib should be favored, but I've always thought Ferguson has what it takes to keep himself upright enough as long as he stops going for submissions from every conceivable position. And while Khabib is a monster, I remember him struggling mightily with getting a guy like Tibau down (no shame in that) so it's not like the takedown is an inevitable thing as I see it.

Here's hoping Khabib makes it look easy.

Obviously Khabib should be favored, but I've always thought Ferguson has what it takes to keep himself upright enough as long as he stops going for submissions from every conceivable position. And while Khabib is a monster, I remember him struggling mightily with getting a guy like Tibau down (no shame in that) so it's not like the takedown is an inevitable thing as I see it.

Here's hoping Khabib makes it look easy.

Tibau has much tdd than cucuy...

Which is why I said there was no shame struggling with taking him down. I just wanted to use it to highlight that Khabib is human even when it comes to wrestling.

It's going to be interesting seeing how the fight being a 5 rounder will affect it.

Khabib and Weidman are the best current mma grapplers IMO. Looking forward to this matchup!

i can't wait for the fight, I really don't think that Ferguson's sub attempts; like iminari rolls/kneebars and some other crazy techniques will be a factor. I remember him trying a roll vs Barboza, and he was in no position to finish the kneebar, and was just trapped under Barboza for some time, until Barboza made a mistake that allowed Ferguson to change position.

Khabib and Weidman are the best current mma grapplers IMO. Looking forward to this matchup!

They're both great, don't know that they're any better than Jacare and St. Maia though.

Yes, he is awesome. I can't wait for this fight. Apropos:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/2...en-on-khabib-nurmagomedovs-wrestling-mma-news

Askren makes the very interesting point that a lot of what Khabib does from the top is stuff pretty specific to American folk, which is funny since Khabib has literally never wrestled American folk and the styles he has competed in put no emphasis on the kind of riding he's really great at. Where did he learn it? AKA? It doesn't really matter, the point is that he uses wrist rides and mat returns in the most beautiful, effective way possible. That Trujillo fight is almost painful to watch.

Yes, he is awesome. I can't wait for this fight. Apropos:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/2...en-on-khabib-nurmagomedovs-wrestling-mma-news

Askren makes the very interesting point that a lot of what Khabib does from the top is stuff pretty specific to American folk, which is funny since Khabib has literally never wrestled American folk and the styles he has competed in put no emphasis on the kind of riding he's really great at. Where did he learn it? AKA? It doesn't really matter, the point is that he uses wrist rides and mat returns in the most beautiful, effective way possible. That Trujillo fight is almost painful to watch.
He trains with D.C. And Velasquez

Please can God let a grappling superfight between Khabib and Maia happen.

Eddie Bravo Invitation welterweight superleague event; Shields, Askren, Maia, Nurmagomedov, Nelson, Palhares, Oliveira, Lytle, + cans to pad the first round.

Please can God let a grappling superfight between Khabib and Maia happen.

That would be so much fun. I'd honestly just like to see them fight MMA. Weight class changing is the thing these days, make it happen at WW.

I am so stoked for Khabib - Tony. That could easily turn into a badass scramble fest.

Back