Khabib and Conor have almost exactly the same experience in MMA

Khabib beat Oleg Bagov who's a multiple time Russian Combat Sambo champion, 3x Russian UWW Grappling champion, 2011 UWW World Grappling champion, 2013 World Combat Games gold medalist. He placed 3rd just this year alone at FIAS Russian Combat Sambo championships, all while he's an active MMA fighter with a high winstreak.

He beat Shahbulat Shamlaev, winner of the Bellator 2012 Featherweight Tournament, decorated in Sanda.

He beat Vadim Sandulsky, who's a multiple time Moldova Combat Sambo champ, decorated in Judo.

He beat Eldar Eldarov, his teammate and multiple time Russian Combat Sambo champ and World medalist. Now works as the national coach for MMA in Bahrain.

You literally cannot compare the athletes on the Russian MMA scene with the Irish-UK scenes. At least, the US has wrestling in highschool and college, Western Europe doesn't even have that. Those novices who get into MMA in Ireland and Britain are random BUMS who decided they want to fight as a hobby or they have a "shot" at it as a career because they saw it on TV and thought it was cool. In the US its about 50/50, but in Russia the vast majority of fighters getting into MMA have amateur credentials.

It goes both ways.

Europe has much better strikers & boxers

Russia has much better grappling & wrestling.

Conor does have much more experience under the spotlights though.

Khabib has only just got his first main event fight, Conor has been in several bouts where the spotlight can't get much bigger.

Conor is 5-0 against top 10 fighters, Khabib is 0-0. Conor never dropped in rankings to be able to fight a Cerrone level fighter.
Great nickname to shit-posting ratio. Khabib has 5-0 against top 10 fighters:
1. Healy
2. RDA
3. Johnson
4. Barboza
5. Tibau

Conor has:
1. Poirier
2. Siver*
3. Mendes
4. Aldo
5. Alvarez

*was not ranked anywhere on planet Earth until he was booked to fight Conor, then became ranked

Khabib has fought a lot of bums in the ufc and has struggled to put them away.

Conor has fought some pretty decent opposition for the most part ( some in hindsight) and has stopped almost all of them.

Experience wise they are similar but I believe Conor is the far more battle tested fighter.

They are both pretty one dimensional with a key skill that is very high level in MMA.

I believe Conor is more well rounded his weakest area ( grappling) is better than khabib weakest area( striking) . Does this mean he will win ? No but I think the most likely outcome is Conor by tko possibly late in the fight after being rag dolled a fair bit but also possibly he catches khabib nice and early and then put him away

Khabib has fought a lot of bums in the ufc and has struggled to put them away.

Conor has fought some pretty decent opposition for the most part ( some in hindsight) and has stopped almost all of them.

Experience wise they are similar but I believe Conor is the far more battle tested fighter.

They are both pretty one dimensional with a key skill that is very high level in MMA.

I believe Conor is more well rounded his weakest area ( grappling) is better than khabib weakest area( striking) . Does this mean he will win ? No but I think the most likely outcome is Conor by tko possibly late in the fight after being rag dolled a fair bit but also possibly he catches khabib nice and early and then put him away

No, half of his career he fought bums while Khabib fought better competition

This is one of the most intriguing match ups in ufc history alongside of Jones/DC, GSP/Penn, and Silva/Sonnen.

They both have strengths in each others weaknesses. Conor great at striking and Khabib has terrible defense. On the other hand, Khabib is a manhandling grappler and wrestler as Conor struggles with tdd and any ground game at all.

It'll be a fun fight leading up to it and it'll be a fun fight to watch. It gets alot more interesting if GSP is set on fighting the winner of Khabib/Conor. Possibly sets up Diaz/Porier vs Tony for the next shot? We'll see.

You nuthuggers are out of your minds. Khabib fights at 170 and 155, McGregor dehydrated himself to duck big boys before he was gifted the title shot. At 155, Khabib has much better resume

Conor got strangled 3 times while Khabib remained undefeated.

Conor fans will argue about ranked fighters but rankings don't matter anyways.

Lol. Rankings don’t matter?

You must be a khabib fan.

You nuthuggers are out of your minds. Khabib fights at 170 and 155, McGregor dehydrated himself to duck big boys before he was gifted the title shot. At 155, Khabib has much better resume

Okay tiger, tell me how khabib “I almost fought a top fighter once” has a better resume than Conor.

Cable that took out tony has a better resume than Conor.

The level of competition is not even close. Connor fought much higher lever competition.

Okay tiger, tell me how khabib “I almost fought a top fighter once” has a better resume than Conor.

Cable that took out tony has a better resume than Conor.
Which LW has McGregor beaten except midget Alvarez?

Which LW has McGregor beaten except midget Alvarez?

I can’t recall. I was too busy trying to find when khabib beat a lw champ.

giphy.gif

No, half of his career he fought bums while Khabib fought better competition
So one fought bums at the start of his career and one fights them now they are considered one of the best. Which one sounds like the correct natural progression to you?

Conor is 5-0 against top 10 fighters, Khabib is 0-0. Conor never dropped in rankings to be able to fight a Cerrone level fighter.
Khabib is 4-0 against top 10 fighters (RDA, MJ, Healy, Barboza) not sure what you mean... If you mean fighters that are currently in the top 10 then he's 3-0 (RDA, Barboza, Iaquinta)

Khabib is 4-0 against top 10 fighters (RDA, MJ, Healy, Barboza) not sure what you mean... If you mean fighters that are currently in the top 10 then he's 3-0 (RDA, Barboza, Iaquinta)

This is great work.

Not everyday we see someone argue in favour of someone’s resume because they beat the Raging realtor.

This is great work.

Not everyday we see someone argue in favour of someone’s resume because they beat the Raging realtor.
Not sure what this has to do with what i posted? The guy I responded to said Khabib had no top 10 wins and I simply corrected him

Not sure what this has to do with what i posted? The guy I responded to said Khabib had no top 10 wins and I simply corrected him

Yes. I know.

And then I poked fun at you.

I have been here the whole time.

giphy.gif

lol
do you just take this crap out of your ass?
edson barboza, rafael dos anjos, pat healy, michael johnson were all top 10 when khabib demolished them all. I'm not sure at the time they fought, but I'm pretty sure Iaquinta is now a top 10 as well. gtfo.

Conor got strangled 3 times while Khabib remained undefeated.

Conor fans will argue about ranked fighters but rankings don't matter anyways.

Lol since when did Conor fans care about rankings ?

This fight is bringing out the absolute WORST in nut huggery from both sides. What a pathetic shitshow.
<36>

conor also panic wrestled again nate fucking diaz
Bitch fuck off

This is just disrepectful bullshit. Nate Diaz has been a top 10 LW for a decade and has multiple top 25 quality wins at WW.

Nate fucking Diaz will be remembered as a great fighter. Because he is

If you are hating on Nate, dude you got alot to learn about this sport. He is literally the saving grace of mma. Give us 200 khabibs and we dont have a sport. We got gay mens sex on TV

And honestly if they just quit bullshitting and called these terrible cards for what they are (sweaty grown men hugging), they might actually draw

You dont like Nate Diaz or Conor..

Like, go fuck yourself retard
This is mma. These are the goats.

Ive been posting here for a decade and watched mma for a decade before that.

Conor is mma. I dont even like the fucker. He got his ass beat by Diaz.

But just seeing mma fans that bash Conor

Its like a fan of sprinting hating on Bolt.

You look so god damned dumb i cant take you serious

For the record Khabib is boss too and he will win most likely. You are a dipshit mother fucker if you hate on Conor as an MMA purist

Period. And i guarantee not a single fuckin one of you know jack shit about combat sports.

Conors amazing
So is Khabib.

Either can win. I favor the guy whos proven himself. Khabib has missed weight 3 times i think?

Conor never has, and hes actually fought and won championships weight classes above where he already won a belt

Khahib didnt win shit.... He beat a guy he was a -2000 favorite over.. Barely.. Losing the last round.

I think khabib will win, because hes incredible and possibly the best mma fighter ever. But hating on Conor.. I literally have more respect for what a carrot claims

Last edited:
Back