Khabib advice to female fighters:

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Rebel_LioN, Dec 5, 2018.

1. goldennirvana

goldennirvana Satanic black magic!

Yes, I know.

2. mkess101

mkess101 World Series or bust...

Cmon. You really think I believe my wife or daughter are "in danger"? It's a bigger overall point.

You keep calling me a "baby"? That makes no sense. Khabib can have his views and say what he wants, and so can I. Neither of us are immune from people replying with how they feel.

I don't know if there's a disconnect for you but typical human empathy is to apply your own situation to people in general. Like, if I see someone's child had died on the news I'm going to feel bad for those parents even though obviously my kid isn't really affected. I'm not "taking that news personally", I'm empathizing because I can imagine how awful it must be for them.

Just like even though I know my daughter isn't in danger of being subjugated by someone who believes her to be his property because I live in a more forward thinking place, I can still feel bad that some women are forced (sometimes likely against their will) to live like that.

You keep acting like I'm doing something different than what Khabib is. We are both just giving our opinions. You trumpet him because his happens to be unpopular but call me a baby. Sorry, that's disingenuous. Sometimes unpopular opinions are correct, but sometimes they aren't and are unpopular for a reason. Either way, me speaking my mind doesn't make me a "baby", that's just a laughable stance.

SL1200 and Post 2 Decision like this.
  3. tramendous

tramendous Red Belt

He was saying what they aught to do.

4. Godzilla3232

Godzilla3232 Red Belt

You and Khabib are doing something different. He's not disparaging you or your family, but you're disparaging him in public for an opinion that doesn't concern you. You stating that his opinions/culture are "incorrect" is dumb; they're just different.

Your need to attack his character personally for an opinion you don't like isn't unfair, but it does make you a baby. Now, what you should have said is that my need to attack your character because of your opinion would similarly make me a baby, which I wouldn't deny. If I weren't to some extent petty I would ignore your statements and not feel the need to publicly criticize you simply because I don't like what you're saying. I'll own it, though.

turna likes this.
  5. Negator402

Negator402 Yellow Card Yellow Card

I would rather they fight inside their home then blow themselves up outside of it!

But seriously, when will people stop forgiving Khabib for transgressions a white Christian American would be pilloried for? Why are the SJW's so silent when a traditional non-white, non-Christian person stands against their progressive force-fed views?

SL1200 likes this.
  6. Aluminati

Aluminati Platinum ordo seclorum

As with most things in life, it's largely dependent on the individual. I've met some really fucking dumb SJWs, and some that can and do think for themselves.
    I'd say a lot have problems with it, but don't feel like they're equipped to deal with raising the issue. A few of the SJWs I've argued with have a pretty good understanding that if they dare criticize Islam their entire base of support will start cannibalizing itself, because, like most groups, they're at least 50% retarded. And some are all her-durr and shit.

7. wisdom blows

wisdom blows Gold Belt

No wonder Conor called him backwards. Jesus.

SL1200 likes this.
  8. mkess101

Ha ha IDK. We just have different views on what the acceptable response is when someone says something publicly that you might deem ridiculous.

Some things aren't just "different", they are wrong. You are using his "culture" to justify the fact that women are often looked at as the property of men. That's like excusing slavery as just being "different, not wrong". And although he didn't specifically state that, his comments at the least put up red flags.

If Khabib truly doesn't believe women to be the property of their men, my opinion of "cave dweller" does not apply to him. But there are literally people in this thread advocating that view, and sorry but that isn't just "different" or "unpopular", it's just backwards and wrong.

And stating that doesn't make me a "baby" no matter how many times you say it. It makes me a normal human being who doesn't believe females are inferior to men and are their property.

linch likes this.
  9. Lord Toranaga

Lord Toranaga Black Belt Platinum Member

This isn't Khabib's "opinion", this is the new Russian culture. Every step we move forward in the West, they take a counter step backward in the East, like f'ing decriminalizing beating your wife or partner. But all you misogynistic dummies think Khabib pulled this out of his ass. Any other response from a Russian Muslim would have been completely unnacceptable. Of course women should fight! Just separate it from the men like every other sport..

FlowchartRog likes this.
  10. cck311**

cck311** Yellow Belt

All these oblivious people thinking SJWs are going to crucify Khabib for saying this. He is a Muslim. It's okay when they do it.

11. Godzilla3232

Godzilla3232 Red Belt

All Khabib said is that women are more suited to domestic work than fighting. Technically he's not wrong; women aren't built for fighting like men are; and the family dynamic needs a nurture element that women ARE more suited to than men are.

Equating what Khabib said as an endorsement of slavery and abuse is just a dumb excuse to be offended. Some people believe that more traditional family roles should be encouraged, and there's definitely an argument to be made that would be better for families in general.

He's not exactly lobbying that WMMA be disbanded and all of them be forced into their kitchen's. He was asked what advice he'd give female fighters, and he responded by encouraging them to focus more on what their families would traditionally need from them. Men fight and women nurture. It's just what he believes.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  12. Aluminati

Aluminati Platinum ordo seclorum

They can't.
    It's full of retarded Russian shills and most of it is brigaded by The_Donald users, as it has been for the last 2 years.

13. mkess101

You have to give context though given the religion and region he's a part of. Both openly advocate that women are the property of their men. MAYBE that differs from his personal view (again, at the least there are red flags that he believes this-but I agree there's a chance he doesn't).

As I said, if he doesn't believe that then my criticism really doesn't apply to him. Bit as I pointed out, we have people right in this thread openly advocating that as a viable belief. So my disdain is really more toward them as (unlike Khabib as of now) there is no ambiguity in what these goons are saying.

14. Godzilla3232

Godzilla3232 Red Belt

Well, you were asking why people would White Knight Khabib. What he actually said wasn't anything horrible; it's a valid opinion, just an unpopular one in our culture. The fact that people are attacking a reasonable statement by making assumptions about what he "meant" is a good enough reason to defend him on it's face.

If your problem is with individuals in this thread then do your thing, but don't try to transform what Khabib said to attack him.

15. Ronin13

Ronin13 Green Belt

Muslims get a free pass.

Arqueto176 likes this.
  16. TheBulletwithWings

TheBulletwithWings WAR EL CUCUY!

Except the way the statistics are measured don’t present the facts

17. mkess101

Yeah I maybe should change from "why" people are white knighting for him to "how" they are doing it. Most here aren't doing it based on the fact his comments might be misconstrued. They are assuming he means "women belong to men and need to stay home in the kitchen", and are then claiming that is a viable belief.

And again, with the context of his deeply held religious beliefs and the region he is from, it is not some giant leap of logic to think it's likely he holds a similar viewpoint. Not guaranteed, but likely.

What about you personally? Do you believe (as some itt have stated they do) that it's a reasonable and simply "different" belief when men view women as their property? Or do you, like a normal human being, think that is absurd and a viewpoint that needs to be buried in the past? I'm just curious where you personally come down on that.

18. turna

turna Green Belt

<Dana05>
    Solid post.

19. Godzilla3232

Godzilla3232 Red Belt

I think it's reasonable to believe in the traditional family dynamic, and to encourage it whenever you have an opportunity to. I believe it's better for the family in general for parents to adopt the roles they're most suited for biologically. That said, I don't believe that's the ONLY way a family can work, and I don't believe anyone should be forced into these roles against their will.

Also, what Khabib actually believes is irrelevant here. Maybe he does believe women are property, but that's 100% not what he said. Assuming you know his thoughts or what he "meant to say" based on where he lives or his religion is borderline bigoted. You kind of have to take his words at face value, and what he said was perfectly reasonable.

20. mkess101

I don't think that's unfair and I don't think your personal views are unreasonable.

I think I've been (or have tried to be anyway) careful to couch anything I've said about Khabib with "if he feels that way", etc. As humans we do tend to read between the lines and yes I admit to doing it here with Khabib. And I think numerous times I've acknowledged I could be wrong.

Given that this has gotten some attention I would say we may see him expand upon his views if asked. Or...maybe not. Until then I will try not to apply the views of some of the morons here directly to him because you are right, he didn't directly say those things.

Even with what he said (and I know it was a joke) there is at least reason to raise eyebrows though. This female that asked may not be married at all. How would what he said even apply to her if she isn't and there are no kids and thus no "traditional roles" to fill?