Keystone pipeline leaks 210K gallons of oil in South Dakota

Still the safest and best transportation vessel -- and still need oil, even during pushes to go more green.

Are you sure rail isn't the best way to ship crude?

th

th

th

Is that your hypothesis as to what happened here?

You are such a terrible poster. Really, really terrible.

Lol, really really terrible. That's it ?
This is a mma site. Just bleed...

Do you want to help me pay for them? And yes, I'm poor... at least relative to the cost of a Tesla or solar panels. Do you think costs would be much lower now if big oil and car manufacturers hadn't been trying everything they could think of to kill electric car innovation since the 70's?

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_the_Electric_Car?
"The film deals with the history of the electric car, its modern development, and commercialization. The film focuses primarily on the General Motors EV1, which was made available for lease mainly in Southern California, after the California Air Resources Board (CARB) passed the zero-emissions vehicle (ZEV) mandate in 1990 which required the seven major automobile suppliers in the United States to offer electric vehicles in order to continue sales of their gasoline powered vehicles in California. Nearly 5000 electric cars were designed and manufactured by Chrysler, the Ford Motor Company, General Motors (GM), Honda, Nissan, and Toyota; and then later destroyed or donated to museums and educational institutions. Also discussed are the implications of the events depicted for air pollution, oil dependency, Middle East politics, and global warming.

The film details the California Air Resources Board's reversal of the mandate after relentless pressure and suits from automobile manufacturers, continual pressure from the oil industry, orchestrated hype over a future hydrogen car, and finally the George W. Bush administration."
All that edited down
You have no idea how this technology works
You think unicorn farts run the power plants
Big oil who owns the infrastructure we’ll be most likely to use for refueling and stands the most to gain from cornering the market themselves is who’s holding back progress into a field they would by default dominate
You really just want someone else to do it for you anyway and give you money

You do realize "everything else has progressed" is due to oil right?

If it weren't for lame old timey oil you would be Morse coding this shit post, while wishing someone would invent a way to clean teeth, and wonder why you need to have 8 kids because only two live past the age of 1.
You do realize without the wheel or fire you would be writing your shit post on a scroll with a quill.
YOu don't see big lighter making it rain in D.C.
Oil like fire is an antiquated energy source, but somehow we are still fucking using it.

How many of these pipelines are leaking and how much? Some pipelines have a leak threshold of 5%, keystone is supppsed to be between 1.5 and 2%, before the system detects it.

TransCanada has told regulators that its leak detection system has a threshold of between 1.5% and 2%. Given that Keystone XL has a maximum capacity of 830,000 barrels of tar sands per day, TransCanada is saying that Keystone XL’s leak detection system can only reliably identify leaks if they’re spilling more than 500,000 to 700,000 gallons of tar sands a day. When put in that context, the reason folks don’t want Keystone XL built through their rivers and groundwater become clear.

https://www.nrdc.org/experts/anthony-swift/pipeline-leak-detection-systems-miss-19-out-20-spills

1.) That article is 5 years old. I'm going to assume leak detection has improved since 2012

2.) These articles are designed to scare people like you with false numbers. First off, that leak detection limit spill number assumes the pipeline leaks continuously for 24 hours. The same amount of time required to move the 830K barrels per day. If, like the Keystone spill this week, it's detected, contained and shut down within 15 minutes, then the chances of a 500,000 gallon spill are remote.

For a 500K gallon spill to occur it would have to go on undetected for 24 hours. Unlikely with leak detection technology.

1.) That article is 5 years old. I'm going to assume leak detection has improved since 2012

2.) These articles are designed to scare people like you with false numbers. First off, that leak detection limit spill number assumes the pipeline leaks continuously for 24 hours. The same amount of time required to move the 830K barrels per day. If, like the Keystone spill this week, it's detected, contained and shut down within 15 minutes, then the chances of a 500,000 gallon spill are remote.

For a 500K gallon spill to occur it would have to go on undetected for 24 hours. Unlikely with leak detection technology.
And if it were below the threshold limit it would go unnoticed

Oh yeah, the article doesn't scare me.

What numbers at false?

i wouldn't assume that even if leak detection has improved that all the pipelines have been retrofitted with the new technology you assume exists.

There is still a lot of incentive for them to not spill. It costs them a lot.

Pretty sure there aren't any better ways than pipelines to transport oil, unless you just take the position that oil shouldn't be transported at all.

That's total bullshit. They save way more money on cheap standards than they lose in spills. Transport oil all you want but make the penalties cost more than carefully engineered pipelines and watch the spills stop magically.

And if it were below the threshold limit it would go unnoticed

Oh yeah, the article doesn't scare me.

What numbers at false?

i wouldn't assume that even if leak detection has improved that all the pipelines have been retrofitted with the new technology you assume exists.

What number is false? I gave you the problem and essentially all the numbers you need to calculate the gallons leaked in a 15 minute spill...nowhere near 500,000 gallons. That is a false number.

What number is false? I gave you the problem and essentially all the numbers you need to calculate the gallons leaked in a 15 minute spill...nowhere near 500,000 gallons. That is a false number.

Nowhere near 500,000 Gallons. False number for sure. It's surprisingly much greater than that for oil leaks. But at least there will be a lot of zero's in the bank accounts of some select few terrorists. The poor will have to deal with their insolence for generations.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-oil-spills-from-pipelines-us-america-natural-gas-2016-12

Why didn't anyone try to warn and stop this pipeline? Oh, fuck wait...... https://www.theguardian.com/comment...veillance-standing-rock-policing-native-lands

either way, record profits should be respected way above human rights and clean water.

Crazy enough there are environmentalist that will damage the pipe so oil spill into the environment .

That is called the liberal mentality
No , that's your warped view of " the liberal mentality " whatever that is

Even if by some miracle it was an environmentalist 99.9% of people on the left would be outraged and that may be a low estimate .

You seem pretty clueless as to how people on the left think ...shockingly so .

I wouldn't be shocked if the protesters did it to create drama.

No , that's your warped view of " the liberal mentality " whatever that is

Even if by some miracle it was an environmentalist 99.9% of people on the left would be outraged and that may be a low estimate .

You seem pretty clueless as to how people on the left think ...shockingly so .

Last few new reports of racist graffiti was the left doing It themselves in hopes of damaging the right.

Democrats have stopped working for the benefit of the citizens and now are infatuated with bashing Trump.

Crazy left liberals hope for a poor economy under Trump, hope for a terror attack under Trump.

They have damaged this pipe line numerous other times.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kcci...ing-damage-to-oil-pipeline-machinery/10350340

This article talks about how the protesters had to experiment with different methods for cutting the thick steel

Last few new reports of racist graffiti was the left doing It themselves in hopes of damaging the right.

Democrats have stopped working for the benefit of the citizens and now are infatuated with bashing Trump.

Crazy left liberals hope for a poor economy under Trump, hope for a terror attack under Trump.

They have damaged this pipe line numerous other times.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kcci...ing-damage-to-oil-pipeline-machinery/10350340

This article talks about how the protesters had to experiment with different methods for cutting the thick steel
The fact you think anything you posted proves your point shows that you are indeed clueless

LMAO at people saying the protesters cracked the pipe to prove their point.

Well I guess they have to crack a lot considering most pipeline spills aren't even reported. I wonder why they don't make it public if they are the ones doing it?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/25/north-dakota-oil-spill/3189101/

https://www.citylab.com/environment/2016/11/30-years-of-pipeline-accidents-mapped/509066/

Sherdog is a cesspool for degenerate hypocritical terrorist scumbags.

You people should watch this and then show your outrage. LOL.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/indigenous-filmmaker-flips-script-1.4262696

Translation - Its not a big deal.

More motor oil leaks out of shitty engines on the interestates for the entire United States in a month, than was leaked in this spill.

A source for your information? Oil in small doses over large paved areas like all of the roads in the US is quite different than 210,000 gallons injected into the ground in one place. The oil on a road get absorbed into the surface and sun breaks down oil. The oil injected into the ground will likely contaminate all of the ground water within a mile. This is supposed to be a state of the art pipeline that is about 10 years old and is already leaking.

Lower the corporate tax rate significantly on all oil drilling companies and these leaks would not be so common. As it is they can hardly make a profit at all let alone install the safest pipelines with the highest safety standards.

I did this post to get a reaction. Got none-- obviously I dont really think this.....

Last edited by a moderator:
All you did was make up your own numbers and assume that all leaks are caught in 15 minutes.

All you did was make up your own numbers and assume that all leaks are caught in 15 minutes.
Lol, my numbers were from your original post...and your link. The 15 mins is the time this weeks Keystone spill was detected...but I already told you that.

Last edited:
Back