Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

This gun finish would look really good on your gun I think. A distressed or weathered look kind of fits into the motif of what you have going on right now.

IMG_8646.JPG

This gun finish would look really good on your gun I think. A distressed or weathered look kind of fits into the motif of what you have going on right now.

IMG_8646.JPG

I agree. I've been looking at "battleworn" options. Wondering how it might look with black on black.

hmWxXa0.jpg

Got the AR pistol done.

LBE upper receiver
Strike industries UDC
Strike industries LW forward assist
Geissele mk8 handguard
" Super 42 buffer
" Gas block
Fail zero nickel boron bcg
Milspec trigger polished/bobed
Taylor tactical trigger springs
Dd pistol grip
SB pdw brace
AR stones 10.5 barrel
Vg6 gamma brake

YaCdhJF.jpg

tz2VJdx.jpg

Put a Nikon m223 2-8 scope in an aero ultralight scope mount on my 14.5. I like it so far

Has a clear "winner" been declared between KeyMod and M-LOK yet, by that I mean, which seems more popular at a retail level?

Has a clear "winner" been declared between KeyMod and M-LOK yet, by that I mean, which seems more popular at a retail level?
Keymod seems to have more shit out there to direct attach to it. I think M-LOK is going to be used by the US military though

Mlok is stronger and doesn't look like dicks.

Keymod has slightly more things available because it's been out longer but mlok is going to catch up and will likely surpass. I know some manufacturers are only doing mlok rails. Personally I see keymod fading away but who knows.

Also...

images

images

zHlSQZc.jpg

Generally, right now at least, Keymod is a couple ounces lighter. You could get a pair of Midwest rails that are same length and generation and for some reason Keymod is lighter.

I have several of both . . . folks seem to ask for more M-LOKs though.

Generally, right now at least, Keymod is a couple ounces lighter. You could get a pair of Midwest rails that are same length and generation and for some reason Keymod is lighter.

More aluminum is cut away. Idk about Midwest but on slr, V seven, noveske nsr, fortis, etc it is pretty marginal. .1 - .6 oz heavier depending on rail length.

I may or may not end up with another AR; then again, you guys know how much a flip-flop. There's just something kinda goofy about the Tavor, which I may never get over. Not to mention that entire curricula evolve around the AR in North America, due to its popularity.

Knowing me, I'll likely talk myself out of it.

Maybe I just need to buy some mag couplers:

For me the Tavor is an SBR without the bullshit. And when you add the Giselle trigger pack and trigger bow it's...well, a hair trigger. Depending on how you set it. In fact, I've been meaning to ease mine off a bit. So much for shitty bullpup triggers. :cool:

The fact that Canada had these bitches before the US was a disgrace. :mad:

As for mag couplers, fuck that. Belt-fed ftw. <Moves>

I may or may not end up with another AR; then again, you guys know how much a flip-flop. There's just something kinda goofy about the Tavor, which I may never get over. Not to mention that entire curricula evolve around the AR in North America, due to its popularity.

What exactly is allowed on AR's up there?

What exactly is allowed on AR's up there?
ARs are restricted, so they're basically range toys. They can only be fired at federally approved ranges and require written permission to transport. Kinda like pistols, except it's a centrefire rifle, so not as indoor range friendly. But since they're already restricted, barrel length isn't as critical. Canadians have had AR-based SBRs for a while, now.

For me the Tavor is an SBR without the bullshit. And when you add the Giselle trigger pack and trigger bow it's...well, a hair trigger. Depending on how you set it. In fact, I've been meaning to ease mine off a bit. So much for shitty bullpup triggers. :cool:

The fact that Canada had these bitches before the US was a disgrace. :mad:

As for mag couplers, fuck that. Belt-fed ftw. <Moves>
I get it dude, it's similar up here, a tacticool semi-auto, without all the BS. It's not registered and I can legally shoot it on Crown Land and private property, without needing written permission to transport it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very well thought out bullpup and the trigger doesn't even bother me. It's the mag changes that I can't seem to get used to.

Got to ring steel at 400 yards with my 14.5 Sunday. Gun performed flawlessly. Love that thing.

Let several people shoot the AR pistol and all of them love it and want one now. One guy swore it was illegal and advised me not to get caught with it.

Also no one making a 11-12 inch handguard that I like really sucks when trying to plan a 12-12.5 inch build.

Back