Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Anyone see they cancelled the interim service rifle program already ?

In my opinion They need to switch to 6.5 Grendel to lengthen the range capability of basic service rifle.

Anyone see they cancelled the interim service rifle program already ?

In my opinion They need to switch to 6.5 Grendel to lengthen the range capability of basic service rifle.

Imo they need to take a 22 nosler case and find a way to fit 55-110gr 6mm(.243) bullets in it, loaded to AR 6.8 mag length(or make a new mag with as much added length as possible to fit in an AR15 without sacrificing reliability). Would add quite a bit range, fpe, while adding minimal weight and not affecting capacity.

Don't know anything about it.

Military was looking for at/testing new rounds in between .223 and .308. Add power and range without adding a ton of weight or large capacity reduction.

How'd the 6.8spc do?

Didn't look into the test so I'm not sure what they even tested or looked at.

Edit.

It was rumored to be canceled but just looked it up and someone in the military refuted that. Who knows

I guess it is actually a 7.62 test. When I first read about it said rounds between .223-.308 but I guess it's a 7.62 interim combat rifle.

As far as I know the intermediate round is still being tested, but everyhwere I've seen the 7.62 interim combat rifle was shot down

I really like Grendel the more I read. It will be my next build when this pistol is done.
The pistol will be functional tonight (just won't have a handguard) got a spare barrel nut, gas tube gas block and muzzle device in so it's time to slap it together

Lantac receiver set
Ballistic advantage Barrel probably
Elftmann trigger
Geissele mk8 handguard probably

I really like Grendel the more I read. It will be my next build when this pistol is done.
The pistol will be functional tonight (just won't have a handguard) got a spare barrel nut, gas tube gas block and muzzle device in so it's time to slap it together

Lantac receiver set
Elftmann trigger

Love my Grendel . . .

Lantac receiver set
Elftmann trigger

What Elftmann and how do you like it.

Best single stage I've used imo.

What Elftmann and how do you like it.

Best single stage I've used imo.

I don't have an elftmann yet.

Either the 3 gun or match

My buddy just got a geissele national match service trigger and doesn't like it. I teased him and told him he should have bought a real trigger like my POF.

Question for you guys:

If you had to buy a rifle from a manufacturer whose rifles would you buy?

I think for me Daniel defense
Christensen arms, falkor,POF lantac

Jarnborn all mocked up.

Things I still need:

Griffin Armament low pro rigid rail
POF tomahawk charging handle
Shockwave blade
Eotech xps2-2

As far as I know the intermediate round is still being tested, but everyhwere I've seen the 7.62 interim combat rifle was shot down

Wasn’t there a few calls for the Creedmore?

The ones I did buy were Stag (lefty version) and Colt (as real as it gets). For expensive shit I built my own. Money aside, I'd most want a Battle Arms rig with the PDW stock.

Maybe @bushman505 will sell you his Daniel Defense that sits around collecting dust.

I don't have an elftmann yet.

Either the 3 gun or match

My buddy just got a geissele national match service trigger and doesn't like it. I teased him and told him he should have bought a real trigger like my POF.

Question for you guys:

J3WNCjb.jpg

3UrffHS.jpg

Tell him to buy the gold match spring for it. I have the Geissele Hi Speed National Match and it is absolutely amazing. You do you to follow directions and adjust it properly though.

Never liked POF's triggers. The efp felt strange to me, the flat one needs to have it's edges and corners smoothed/rounded out imo. I usually have my finger at the bottom of triggers for consistency and leverage. The straight pof trigger had uncomfortable edges to me.

Radian
Falkor
Noveske
Knights Armament

Colt for AR's right around 1k.

There are so many quality AR manufacturers now. LMT, DD, Vltor, LWRC, Warsport, BCM, Battle Arms, V7, SLR, etc. All will pretty much be great out of the box.

Also I think it was you who asked

https://radianweapons.com/accessories/rifle-parts/upper-handguard-set

Radian is selling stripped uppers now. They started selling lowers a couple months ago.

The beginning of my 6.8 SPC build.

wb6mq9.jpg

Nordic upper with Aero lower . . . also used a Nordic on my Grendel build. Have a couple of 458 Socom uppers on the way. I've sold several and have been threatening to start my own socom build. Still not sure if that's what I really want to build next after the SPC.

Yeh long ago when I was here Photobucket was what we used. Obviously tome moved on since I posted regularly on here. I'll figure it out eventually.

Gas block is drilled crooked for both the roll pin hole and both set screw hi holes.

Ordering an aero one to replace it.

Last edited:
The ones I did buy were Stag (lefty version) and Colt (as real as it gets). For expensive shit I built my own. Money aside, I'd most want a Battle Arms rig with the PDW stock.

Maybe @bushman505 will sell you his Daniel Defense that sits around collecting dust.

I traded it for a nightforce shv 2.5-10x42 scope and some taller lightweight rings.....I would have sold it though.

All I've been doing lately is shooting my 22 at spruce grouse and my 12g at geese. It's been a bit boring for me with the shooting.

So far I've fired 7 rounds out of my 308 and about 80 22lr and 17 12g rounds and that's it for the past few months.

Been putting hundreds of miles on my boots though.

Back