Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Ordered a 6.8 SPC barrel the other day . . . too good of a deal to pass up. Can't decide if I'll build or sell.

@RerouteToRemain @Cubo de Sangre . . . I've built rifles with barrels from both Anderson and BCA.

I haven't ran them through any torture tests, but for my purposes they work just fine. I'm not a competitive shooter . . . I don't shoot 1000s or even 100s of rounds each weekend through my rifles.

Imo No.

They used to be MMC and due to poor reputation they made a sister company Bear Creek. Quality got a littlevbetter but you can read lots of reviews. Fit and finish is poor. Might need to polish stuff to get reliable feeding etc..

I haven't had any of those issues at all . . . a spiral fluted 223 Wylde barrel I bought from them has a great finish and fit great on my upper.

That's why I ended up trying this AR stoner barrel. Guy at work used there 24 inch one and shoots sub moa. I figure I'll try it and worse case scenario replace it with a ballistic advantage.

Using a borescope the chamber is cut straight the lands and grooves look good and there is very little tooling marks.

I haven't had any of those issues at all . . . a spiral fluted 223 Wylde barrel I bought from them has a great finish and fit great on my upper.

Good to hear. I saw a few reviews with pics where the feed ramps looked rough.

@RerouteToRemain @Cubo de Sangre . . . I've built rifles with barrels from both Anderson and BCA.

I haven't ran them through any torture tests, but for my purposes they work just fine. I'm not a competitive shooter . . . I don't shoot 1000s or even 100s of rounds each weekend through my rifles.

I don't have a problem with cheap anything btw. As long as it works well and reliably. Even if it's just a range toy, I don't want failures or needing to do unnecessary work to it.

I've helped a couple friends build low budget AR's with the trigger being the most expensive thing on it. They run great.

The only thing I personally really don't like is blatant knock off/copyed products that likely infringe on companies ip. Especially if it is from small companies.

I don't have a problem with cheap anything btw. As long as it works well and reliably. Even if it's just a range toy, I don't want failures or needing to do unnecessary work to it.

I've helped a couple friends build low budget AR's with the trigger being the most expensive thing on it. They run great.

The only thing I personally really don't like is blatant knock off/copyed products that likely infringe on companies ip. Especially if it is from small companies.

Things are definitely getting cheaper these days . . .

Debating ordering a strike industries J comp V2 off dvor. I have the original and like it. They have a good deal on it right now so it's swaying me.....

Looks nice and compact so far.

Debating ordering a strike industries J comp V2 off dvor. I have the original and like it. They have a good deal on it right now so it's swaying me.....

Looks nice and compact so far.

Not a bad price . . .

Back