Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

I already had a hand lapped LBE upper that I knew was good just sitting in my spares box.

I didn't use an aero upper on my other build either. On that one it was because I had the LBE upper(which I got as a Christmas gift) but it didn't match the picatinny rail sections of the SLR helix rail. The center sections of the picatinny are cut out for weight on the SLR rail so I got an upper with the same style picatinny as the rail. I also liked the hollowed out she'll deflector on the DS arms upper.

I'd really like to use a VLTOR upper when I go to build an SPR stlye Grendel rifle. The thicker walls and tighter tolernaces should make for a tad better accuracy.

Anyone else name there build?

My 14.5 is Mjolnir(hence the Fortis hammer charging handle)
My pistol will probably be called Jarnborn.(may run a POF tomahwak charging handle to go with the name)

Anyone else name there build?

My 14.5 is Mjolnir(hence the Fortis hammer charging handle)
My pistol will probably be called Jarnborn.(may run a POF tomahwak charging handle to go with the name)

So far I've got Pretty Penny, Brother Grim, Goldfinger, and Mr. Bones.

Nice.

Mine are of course named after Thor weapons.

Anyone build a Grendel?

I've been leaning towards something from AAC in case I ever decide to get a suppressor then I have the muzzle drive already on my gun.

The AAC quick-detach muzzle devices are awesome . . . I've got 3 or 4 on my rifles that I use my AAC 7.62 suppressor on . . . love it. :)

The AAC quick-detach muzzle devices are awesome . . . I've got 3 or 4 on my rifles that I use my AAC 7.62 suppressor on . . . love it. :)
Will keep in mind. Dvor is having a sale on muzzle devices too.

Will keep in mind. Dvor is having a sale on muzzle devices too.

It's too bad they don't get better deals on Surefire. They have that warcomp but if you have a 5% off code to optics planet(found on dvor box) it's cheaper.

Some things they just can't sell for cheap. Surefire & Geissele are two big names I've noticed.

It's too bad they don't get better deals on Surefire. They have that warcomp but if you have a 5% off code to optics planet(found on dvor box) it's cheaper.

Some things they just can't sell for cheap. Surefire & Geissele are two big names I've noticed.
A lot of that I think is they can't undercut other people without risking said companies jumping on them.

What Surefire stuff you after? One of my distributors is offering decent deals this month on tons of brand name products.

A lot of that I think is they can't undercut other people without risking said companies jumping on them.

We have to sell at a MAP and then offer discounts or specials on occasion.

What Surefire stuff you after? One of my distributors is offering decent deals this month on tons of brand name products.

Me personally nothing atm. I was recommending a Surefire warcomp to Gregolian for his sbr.

Only thing in my immediate future as far as purchases go will be a Razor HD II 4.5-27x56 or something similar.

What barrel length is your Grendel I want a 16 or 18 inch I think.

Not sure if you are a member of dvor.com but they put odin works complete Grendel uppers on sale for a pretty good price 4 from time to time. I know someone with a 20" odin upper and they are really happy with it.

Back