Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

To me it was immediately more firm and less tacky. I'll stick with the orginal.

That link doesn't look like the orginal.

The green is coloring my impression. :)

The link is the "aggressive texture" version. You should definitely avoid that one.

@spamking

Figure you'd know this. What is the process of doing an SBR. I have a lower I kinda want to get a 10.5 or 11.5 inch BCM upper for and build it as a pistol and then file the SBR paperwork so I can use it while I wait on the ATF.

I THINK I have a Trust set up but would have to check so is it a case just find an NFA dealer and work through the Forms with them? I saw there's something called a Form 1 or a Form 4 too though.

@spamking

Figure you'd know this. What is the process of doing an SBR. I have a lower I kinda want to get a 10.5 or 11.5 inch BCM upper for and build it as a pistol and then file the SBR paperwork so I can use it while I wait on the ATF.

I THINK I have a Trust set up but would have to check so is it a case just find an NFA dealer and work through the Forms with them? I saw there's something called a Form 1 or a Form 4 too though.

Go 10.5. Trust is still the best set up.

Form 1 is making an SBR. As in you are taking an existing lower and building it into a sbr.

Form 4 is buying am sbr from a dealer.

What Info is needed for filling out a Form 1 to create a SBR?

Original Manufacturer (as printed on the firearm)
Type of Firearm (Short Barreled Rifle)
Caliber (base number only, i.e. .300, 308, .223, etc)
Model (as priced on the firearm from original manufacturer)
Length of barrel (as measured from the bolt face to muzzle tip)
Length overall (measure with stock fully extended and no removable muzzle device installed to the muzzle tip)
Serial number (as priced on the firearm from original manufacturer)
State why you intend to make a firearm (“for all lawful purposes”)

ATF form 23

You and everyone in the trust (better to remove people from it and add again later) have to complete the ATF form 23. That form is the personal info, passport picture, finger prints, etc.

I have my approved Form 1 stamp from the ATF, what is next?

Update your trust’s Schedule A listing the new SBR as an asset (Original Manufacturer, Country of Origin, Model Number, and Serial Number). Next you need to engrave trust info on your firearm as new manufacturer along with city and state where the trust is located (per your trust document). Finally you can legally manufacturer you new SBR.

Is engraving required? What are legal locations for engraving the trust info?

Yes, engraving the new manufacturer on the firearm is absolutely required by the ATF. Engraving can be in plastic or metal along as it is at least .003” min depth and 1/16” min print size. The complete trust name along with the city and state the trust is located must be included in the engraving. Trust info can be engraved on the frame, receiver, or barrel. The receiver is the most popular location because any changes to the other components would not require the engraving to be repeated.

What about switching calibers and/or barrel length after my Form 1 stamp is approved?

Your Form 1 was approved for a specific caliber, overall length, and barrel length. However you are allowed to “temporarily” change the upper length or caliber but only if you maintain the original upper and ability switch back afterward. If you sell the upper and switch permanently to a different upper then you would need to send a notification to the ATF letting them know of the official change. You don’t pay the stamp or go through the Form 1 process again, just a notification.

Thanks man, sounds annoyingly complicated but it's something I want to try

Thanks man, sounds annoyingly complicated but it's something I want to try

What @RerouteToRemain said . . . I don't deal with that as a Type 01 dealer. My only experience has been with purchasing a couple of suppressors.

Why not go with a pistol brace instead of paying the extra for the stamp?

What @RerouteToRemain said . . . I don't deal with that as a Type 01 dealer. My only experience has been with purchasing a couple of suppressors.

Why not go with a pistol brace instead of paying the extra for the stamp?
I'm going to go pistol and then maybe jump up to SBR after awhile

Holy crap . . . y'all hear about this?

A sniper with Canada's elite special forces in Iraq has shattered the world record for the longest confirmed kill shot in military history at a staggering distance of 3,450 metres.

Sources say a member of Joint Task Force 2 killed an Islamic State insurgent with a McMillan TAC-50 sniper rifle while firing from a high-rise during an operation that took place within the last month in Iraq. It took under 10 seconds to hit the target.

image.jpg

So I got sent the wrong rail for the 2nd time. Ordered the Switch and got the rigid rail.
Switch
rail_03.jpg

Rigid
battle-arms-development-rigidrail-mlock-handguard-6-7-bad-rail-6-7-m-by-battle-arms-development-inc-228.jpg

Here it is
20170624_142252_zps4uzct8ot.jpg

20170624_142339_zpserecageq.jpg

20170624_142049_zpsw18aaoai.jpg

20170624_142123_zpsv9gajm0k.jpg

20170624_142142_zps8pvg1uuj.jpg

20170624_142201_zpsjjjhyrqx.jpg

Here it is with the switch I got last time but it was too long.

20170624_134022_zpstwwajmvm.jpg

@Cubo de Sangre or anyone else

what do you think of these two? Idk if I'm liking the triangles in the rigid or the fact is says BAD in bold letters. I get it matches the lower mag well but I'd prefer it to share lines with the upper. There are things I don't love about both the switch and rigid.

Honestly I'm thinking I might just go with a SLR.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?...th=66_106_134_136&product_id=711#!prettyPhoto

Back