Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

You built a human? I thought that was illegal...

I saw a picture of a female and not a firearm

I saw a picture of a female and not a firearm

Put_6ef199_213381.gif

Was it prime Kelly LeBrock?
Maybe.

Spam, got a question for you.. would your vendors be able to get a compact Polymer80 pistol lower or is that something a bit too niche for them?

Alternatively, are law enforcement trade-ins something you have access to?

Maybe.

Spam, got a question for you.. would your vendors be able to get a compact Polymer80 pistol lower or is that something a bit too niche for them?

Alternatively, are law enforcement trade-ins something you have access to?

I'll check about the Polymer80 pistol lower. I bought mine from Brownells when they were like $69.

I do have access to distributors with trade-ins . . . some specify LEO trade-ins and others don't.

What are you looking for?

I'll check about the Polymer80 pistol lower. I bought mine from Brownells when they were like $69.

I do have access to distributors with trade-ins . . . some specify LEO trade-ins and others don't.

What are you looking for?
G19 preferably.

I should have grabbed a Polymer80 when they were cheap. Ggrrr

Looking at Brownells right now they have the 17 lower still at $69... grumble, was leaning more towards the 19 as I have a bunch of 19 mags as I'd rather not want to have to buy a bunch of other mags..... though I can use 17 mags in my 23 with the conversion barrel. Hrm...

Saw that, going to hope they're still at that price point come Friday when I get paid. Just means I'll need to grab a slide and shit separate.

So sir, and others... do you know of anyone that sells just a simple G17 slide? I know I can buy custom slides from people like Loki-tactical and others but those are near $700... bbblllleeehhhh

I want to do a pistol with a red dot so this is a bit of a project thing.

Saw that, going to hope they're still at that price point come Friday when I get paid. Just means I'll need to grab a slide and shit separate.

I want to do a pistol with a red dot so this is a bit of a project thing.

I still need to figure out the slide I want too.

I was able to buy pretty much all of the parts from RSR directly with the exception of a few smaller parts they didn't have and a complete lower kit. Midway USA has them for $50.

Lonewolf has slides for around $200, but that's with nothing tapped for the from sight . . . I have the sights, but would prefer something bare, but tapped for the sight install.

I still need to figure out the slide I want too.

I was able to buy pretty much all of the parts from RSR directly with the exception of a few smaller parts they didn't have and a complete lower kit. Midway USA has them for $50.

Lonewolf has slides for around $200, but that's with nothing tapped for the from sight . . . I have the sights, but would prefer something bare, but tapped for the sight install.
I know my LGS I go to for AR stuff COULD mill out a slide if I just bought a blank from LoneWolf but that'd be pretty pricey I feel.

Loki-tactical if you get their base slide with a Vortex Viper cut in it and even cerakote it for like FDE it comes out to about $400

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with Just Right Carbines out of NY?

Just ordered a 40 S&W takedown for my brother-in-law from them . . .

20170419_125234_zps2z2nh7wu.jpg

20170419_184945_zpsllfaxtzk.jpg

20170419_183857_zpsnagkdzjj.jpg

20170419_185326_zpsz86su2ir.jpg

20170419_185237_zpsxhwmutnw.jpg

20170419_185932_zpslk63rzhs.jpg

This last picture is probably somewhat close to being most indicative of the color. It is so difficult to capture the actual color. After some pics I took I just lol'd, it's like well this looks gold, this looks like patriot brown, this looks like some weird fde, low light it looks black with bronze hue, etc. Idk I guess that's what happens with a semi dark color with a somewhat bright bronze flake in it. Maybe when it's done I'll borrow a real camera and try get some good shots.

Also for some reason the flash is making it look like the inside of the handguard is raw, it's not. I actually looked at the pics and said wtf, quickly went and grabbed it to check. Like in the last picture, at the end you can clearly see it is sprayed but as you go down the rail it looks increasingly raw. Strange, I'm assuming it's just a lighter coat inside or something and it's reflecting in a weird way. I don't notice it with my eye.

Here is a spot towards the beginning of the rail that looked raw in the above pics

20170419_194340_zps1d2giq27.jpg

20170425_180920_zpsdxndskqm.jpg

20170425_180942_zpslgmqw9ns.jpg

20170425_181037_zpssdndlw7p.jpg

Not 100% sure where I am going with this one. Thinking maybe a 14.5 with fsb with a pinned flash hider or PA afab/efab.

I'm not sure if I want a fsb or something like Scalarworks sights

scalarworks_ops_hero_rear.jpg

Scalarworks-OPS-Fixed-AR15-Sights-Rear-2.jpg

scalarworks_ops_hero_front.jpg

scalarworks_ops_front_right.jpg

scalarworks_ops_sight_radius.png

Last edited:
I was messing around in my office last night and found enough extra parts to make a complete upper . . . so I decide to see how cheap I could get on a build just for fun.

16" SS 5.56 barrel - $80
Gas block - $12
Tube - $7.95
Anderson Upper - $40
Some cheap hand guard - $25
ATI polymer lower - $35
LPK - $39
Some cheap iron flip ups - $25

I'll post a picture of it when I get home later . . . might become my experimentation gun or something.

Back