Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Can you own a suppressor or plan on owning one?

Imo 300 blackout I would go 8-10 or just 16"
I can in my state and would like to get one. Just haven't had a reason outside my Para to take a plunge into the NFA stuff and have been kind of jones-ing to.

Pretty cool. But why is that better than simply separating the upper from the lower?

From watching videos you can do barrel swaps or put the barrel assembly on in about 2 seconds, take it off in 1.

Its like a quick detach barrel/handguard.

I'm personally not interested but it's interesting.

From watching videos you can do barrel swaps or put the barrel assembly on in about 2 seconds, take it off in 1.

So it's perfect for swapping out barrels on the full auto I don't have? :):(

From a cursory view it seemed like the marketing was about storage/carrying in smaller cases/backpacks. I guess it saves you the length of the upper and you don't have to have a second optic.

It kind of seems appealing, but I'm on the fence myself . . . I've already had about 8 people place orders. Apparently there is some group of AR owners who like it.

So it's perfect for swapping out barrels on the full auto I don't have? :):(

From a cursory view it seemed like the marketing was about storage/carrying in smaller cases/backpacks. I guess it saves you the length of the upper and you don't have to have a second optic.

I guess . . . your very own AR take down rifle . . .

It kind of seems appealing, but I'm on the fence myself . . . I've already had about 8 people place orders. Apparently there is some group of AR owners who like it.

I guess . . . your very own AR take down rifle . . .

Interesting, didn't think demand would be there. I really don't have need to store a rifle in a smaller bag or the ability to be able to deploy it in seconds while in a small bag.

Interesting, didn't think demand would be there. I really don't have need to store a rifle in a smaller bag or the ability to be able to deploy it in seconds while in a small bag.

Yep . . . I saw something similar on an AR pistol . . . crazy what folks are into these days.

Yep . . . I saw something similar on an AR pistol . . . crazy what folks are into these days.

Yeah tbh I don't even get the law tactical folding stock unless you are an actual "operator" and need to be able to keep a rifle compact until use. I've seen couch commandos with them at the range and just don't get it for civilian hobbyist use. Just like the dolos.

Well maybe a folding stock on sig or Faxon upper that doesn't require the buffer assembly.

Yeah tbh I don't even get the law tactical folding stock unless you are an actual "operator" and need to be able to keep a rifle compact until use. I've seen couch commandos with them at the range and just don't get it for civilian hobbyist use. Just like the dolos.

Well maybe a folding stock on sig or Faxon upper that doesn't require the buffer assembly.

Funny you should mention the law tactical folding stock . . . folks are already asking about it now.

Could the benefit simply be storage maybe?

Funny you should mention the law tactical folding stock . . . folks are already asking about it now.

Could the benefit simply be storage maybe?

I guess but I would think that height wouldn't be a problem in safes or whatever, usually width is imo.

I guess they bought some small rifle bag or something? Idk I don't get it. It adds weight, length, girth, snags points, another potential failure point, etc.

I guess but I would think that height wouldn't be a problem in safes or whatever, usually width is imo.

I guess they bought some small rifle bag or something? Idk I don't get it. It adds weight, length, girth, snags points, another potential failure point, etc.

True . . . but I'll sell them the things if they want them. :)

Got the MRO. Thing looks well-built. Forgot I needed an optic for the Kriss Vector carbine 9mm. Seems like a perfect match.

Bought this PWS 7.62x39 piston upper. Not sure it's for a specific build, but no worries. Just need some mags. I think it's C Products that are supposed to be the superior ones.

PWS%207.62%20Upper_zps77wzozim.jpg

I really need to grab all of my parts and put a couple of rifles together . . . one will be my first adjustable gas block build . . .

Bought this PWS 7.62x39 piston upper. Not sure it's for a specific build, but no worries. Just need some mags. I think it's C Products that are supposed to be the superior ones.

PWS%207.62%20Upper_zps77wzozim.jpg

Looks really good, yeah c products is what I've read about as well.

Back