Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Thanks. I definitely don't want a new gun. Just an upper that's reliable. I've seen it said the feed ramps were the issue and others insist it's good to go if you've got the right mags. Not sure what to believe. I'll check into your suggestions. Was half-tempted to grab on of the PSA uppers for $399 but that has very mixed reviews.

I was wondering if anyone had bought one of those PSA uppers or heard much about them.

From what I've read it's the mags and the shape of the bullet on the feed ramps. Both supposedly have been remedied.

Why 7.62x39 guys? Just the ammo cost? 300 blackout is very similar, just need a barrel change, better ammo available, good subsonic stuff available if wanted, etc. Ballistically speaking I think the are damn near the same at muzzle to 100 but the better BC bullets of the 300 carry more speed and energy at distance.

300 blackout can be bought for .50 a round. So really it's the only downside.

Another round you guys may be interested in if you are reloaders is the .277 wolverine. I also read some interesting things about a 6mm mongoose.

Why 7.62x39 guys? Just the ammo cost? 300 blackout is very similar, just need a barrel change, better ammo available, good subsonic stuff available if wanted, etc. Ballistically speaking I think the are damn near the same at muzzle to 100 but the better BC bullets of the 300 carry more speed and energy at distance.

300 blackout can be bought for .50 a round. So really it's the only downside.

I'm already invested in 7.62 as a round by having the VZ-58. Might as well see how much fun it is to sling it downrange via the AR platform. And it's just and upper. If the 300 blackout interests me at some point it's easy enough to step into it. :)

I was wondering if anyone had bought one of those PSA uppers or heard much about them.

At the current $399 deal they might be worth a look. I'm gonna roll the dice on the PWS upper. Hopefully the higher price means reliability.

20161005_202805_zpsvksxha1s.jpg

20170311_225035_zpskcypp1uo.jpg

20170311_225018_zpsoquayqs6.jpg

20170311_225132_zps18bp8qha.jpg

20170311_224940_zpspgpwsf8y.jpg

I was planning on this being my 3rd build in line to complete but when dvor throws deals in my face much cheaper than anywhere else it's hard to resist.

I don't plan on finishing this till my axts/radian build is done.

I might buy a barrel if dvor has them again.

I was planning on this being my 3rd build in line to complete but when dvor throws deals in my face much cheaper than anywhere else it's hard to resist.

Bonerific. Needs an Ergo Suregrip.

I accidentally bought a rh ergo Suregrip. I don't like it compared to the ambi

At least you're right-handed? I've got three LH and nine RH. Not all on weapons, but there was a good sale somewhere and I stocked up on some extras. Comparatively I like the lefties. Since most everyone else is a righty (and I never see the lefties anymore) the ambi's work great. So one of the three went on the lefty Stag, which seemed obvious. The other two are on guns I don't feel the need to let anyone else shoot (Pretty Penny and Mr. Bones). Surprised you'd prefer ambi if it's only a matter of comfort.

At least you're right-handed? I've got three LH and nine RH. Not all on weapons, but there was a good sale somewhere and I stocked up on some extras. Comparatively I like the lefties. Since most everyone else is a righty (and I never see the lefties anymore) the ambi's work great. So one of the three went on the lefty Stag, which seemed obvious. The other two are on guns I don't feel the need to let anyone else shoot (Pretty Penny and Mr. Bones). Surprised you'd prefer ambi if it's only a matter of comfort.
I'll probably throw it on my fn tps.
I really don't like the extension for the thumb.

ERG4000BK.jpg

Vs
0008877_ergo-enhanced-suregrip-ar15-ambi-grip.png

I recently gained access to Bear Creek Arsenal as a dealer . . . you should check out their deals on barrels. I have a 20" fluted SS in 223 Wylde showing up tomorrow. Got it for super cheap.

Now to find a cool SS muzzle break . . .

I recently gained access to Bear Creek Arsenal as a dealer . . . you should check out their deals on barrels. I have a 20" fluted SS in 223 Wylde showing up tomorrow. Got it for super cheap.

Now to find a cool SS muzzle break . . .

Rainier has their 7.5" ultramatch on sale big time and it's tempting but I'm going for the battle arms contrast barrel.

photo_01_1.jpg

Going to be taking my most recent AR coyote hunting when I am in Utah. Will let you guys know how it goes when I am back.

Also, very tempted to grab a .300 pistol upper but not sure on barrel length. Have heard between 10" and 12" for pistol length barrels.

Going to be taking my most recent AR coyote hunting when I am in Utah. Will let you guys know how it goes when I am back.

Also, very tempted to grab a .300 pistol upper but not sure on barrel length. Have heard between 10" and 12" for pistol length barrels.

Can you own a suppressor or plan on owning one?

Imo 300 blackout I would go 8-10 or just 16"

Back