Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Interesting.

Interesting for sure. I would be curious to mess with it. Is there any take up to the trigger or is it solid. From the video it sounds like the digital trigger "break" isn't predictable, even though it's light I'd like some kind of "break" even if it is very light. I guess for just pure speed it wouldn't matter but for controlled shots at range I can't imagine it being better than a Geissele second stage glass rod break of 1lb.

I updated the OP with this.

FINISHED (except for dying the nutsacks black)

(***Note that this also takes standard AR magazines. There's a mag-well adapter that holds the belt-fed links. Drop it out and slap a magazine in.)

LOWER
Stripped Lower: Spike's Tactical Multi-Cal Red Spider Logo
Stock: ACE Skeleton Stock Standard
Buffer Spring: Ares Defense
Buffer: Spike's Tactical T2
Trigger: Franklin Armory BFSIII Binary
Trigger Guard: Spike's Tactical
Grip: Ergo Ambi Sure Grip
Front Pivot / Rear Takedown Pins: Battle Arms
Safety Lever: Franklin Armory
Magazine Release Button: Seekins Precision
Bolt Catch: Ares Defense
Magazine Catch: Norgon Ambi
QD Stock Attachment: ACE UMPB

UPPER
Upper Receiver: Ares Defense MCR-037
BUIS-Front/Rear Set: Ares Defense
Barrel Handle: Ares Defense
Vertical Foregrip: G.P.S. Grip-Pod #02
Optic Elcan Specter OS 3.5x

IMG_6539_zps1wwup3v1.jpg

IMG_0510_zpsv8iepqwa.jpg

Here's the company's promo video. Unfortunately this isn't full auto, but the trigger is the new Franklin Armory BFSIII binary. That means that when you flip it to what would be the full auto position It fires a round when you pull it and fires a round when you let go. :eek:

Yes, that's legal. And in case you missed it, the earlier version of this trigger is in build #1. :cool:

(***Note that this also takes standard AR magazines. There's a mag-well adapter that holds the belt-fed links. Drop it out and slap a magazine in.)

LOWER

UPPER

IMG_6539_zps1wwup3v1.jpg

IMG_0510_zpsv8iepqwa.jpg

Here's the company's promo video. Unfortunately this isn't full auto, but the trigger is the new Franklin Armory BFSIII binary. That means that when you flip it to what would be the full auto position It fires a round when you pull it and fires a round when you let go. :eek:

Yes, that's legal. And in case you missed it, the earlier version of this trigger is in build #1. :cool:

<{anton}><{jackyeah}>{<redford}

Just finished my 2nd build. spikes lower, lots of bcm parts, some daniel defense and noveske in there. 14.5" carbine w/ pinned comp & socom barrel. Im loving it so far

Just finished my 2nd build. spikes lower, lots of bcm parts, some daniel defense and noveske in there. 14.5" carbine w/ pinned comp & socom barrel. Im loving it so far
I REQUIRE PICS

I'll be posting mine when I get it. VLTOR upper, Spikes Punisher lower, Wilson Combat barrel, BCM charging handle, Ergo pistol grip, MagPul stock.

True Frankengun almost. But high end Frankengun.

I REQUIRE PICS

I'll be posting mine when I get it. VLTOR upper, Spikes Punisher lower, Wilson Combat barrel, BCM charging handle, Ergo pistol grip, MagPul stock.

True Frankengun almost. But high end Frankengun.

Ok I'll take some later tonight and post them up! I still need a new handguard I couldnt get the 7" LMT carbine guard at the time it was out of stock so it just has a round oldschool black plastic one for now.

I used the spikes honey badger lower I fuckin love it hahah spikes makes really great affordable lowers. the LPK is daniel defense, most of the rest (upper & barrel/comp/ charging handle/ full auto bolt) are bcm. I think im going to get another honey badger and make it this one's twin but dress her in green furniture

Ok I'll take some later tonight and post them up! I still need a new handguard I couldnt get the 7" LMT carbine guard at the time it was out of stock so it just has a round oldschool black plastic one for now.

I used the spikes honey badger lower I fuckin love it hahah spikes makes really great affordable lowers. the LPK is daniel defense, most of the rest (upper & barrel/comp/ charging handle/ full auto bolt) are bcm. I think im going to get another honey badger and make it this one's twin but dress her in green furniture
My Punisher lower took forever to get to me. I ordered it in like May and didn't get it until almost Sept. after I "blasted" them on AR15.com.

Thanks for joining in here. Sounds like a great choice of parts. And yeah, pics! :cool:

I didnt even know this board existed until like an hour ago so I'll be here alot now hahah

You've already ventured into the best thread. :cool::D

Seriously though, always good to have another AR builder to bolster our ranks.

Anyone played around with a 22LR conversion kit?

Crow Shooting Supply has them on sale this week and I'm strongly considering buying the kit and a new upper to use for plinking around with some 22 ammo. The problem is that I already have a 10/22 and don't really need the kit, but would love add it to my arsenal and get an extra upper out of the deal. :)

Just can't click "buy" yet . . . .

Anyone played around with a 22LR conversion kit?

Crow Shooting Supply has them on sale this week and I'm strongly considering buying the kit and a new upper to use for plinking around with some 22 ammo. The problem is that I already have a 10/22 and don't really need the kit, but would love add it to my arsenal and get an extra upper out of the deal. :)

Just can't click "buy" yet . . . .

I bought the Stag kit, which amounts to a BCG and magazine. I vaguely recall testing it out a little, but not enough to give any reliable review.

LOWER

UPPER

IMG_6539_zps1wwup3v1.jpg

IMG_0510_zpsv8iepqwa.jpg

This what I worry about; the building of my first AR will be the beginning of a terrible sickness, wherein I neglect my family, social life, and personal hygiene in order to dedicate my every spare moment and dollar to amassing a lovely, bristling arsenal.

This what I worry about; the building of my first AR will be the beginning of a terrible sickness, wherein I neglect my family, social life, and personal hygiene in order to dedicate my every spare moment and dollar to amassing a lovely, bristling arsenal.

Black rifle disease is no joke. Tread cautiously. :eek:

On the plus side, unlike drug addiction, in the end you've still got shit you can sell. :D

I bought the Stag kit, which amounts to a BCG and magazine. I vaguely recall testing it out a little, but not enough to give any reliable review.

I decided against it. My 10/22 will due for now. I can always grab a conversion kit later.

Since I got my FFL I've had to tell myself no many, many times.

Black rifle disease is no joke. Tread cautiously. :eek:

On the plus side, unlike drug addiction, in the end you've still got shit you can sell. :D

Pretty sure my black rifle disease has been stage 4 for the past couple months. It needs to go into remission for a bit.

Back