Kevin Lee would take "motivated" BJ Penn down at will and pound him out

unless he borrows that look in his eye from chuck after wanderlei fucks him

Penn is a .500 career fighter, what does beating him prove about Kevin Lee?
Penn fought all comers. He ventured up in weight class and fought the 2 GOAT WW in Hughes and GSP. He fought Machida. You can't look just at record, there are plenty of padded records out there. His problem was he hung out for 5 years past his date and hurt his legacy. He is a case study in wasted talent but he was a beast and I wish Conor would take a page out of his book and fight. Conor only fights when he has a big upside, now that he has been the champ he won't challenge himself.

more like 2.2 times.

He really wasn't. Lee is a very good wrestler in MMA, and appreciably bigger than Sherk. Not that Sherk was a poor fighter, but Lee is an excellent all around grappler in MMA. I daresay he's one of the best ones in the sport right now.

He really wasn't. Lee is a very good wrestler in MMA, and appreciably bigger than Sherk.

yes he is bigger than sherk who was a 145er fighting at 155 as opposed to lee who can't make 155.

Bj is one of the most overrated fighters but i think prime bj beats him

giphy.gif

Penn fought all comers. He ventured up in weight class and fought the 2 GOAT WW in Hughes and GSP. He fought Machida. You can't look just at record, there are plenty of padded records out there. His problem was he hung out for 5 years past his date and hurt his legacy. He is a case study in wasted talent but he was a beast and I wish Conor would take a page out of his book and fight. Conor only fights when he has a big upside, now that he has been the champ he won't challenge himself.

holy shit thank you. Penn has some losses when he went up in weight like when he fought Georges. I hate when new fans shit on older fighters without understanding the context of losses. It sucks watching BJ from the beginning and seeing him like this currently, but its life.

Assuming BJ Penn doesn't gas, I think Lee would get shooked. BJ TDD > Lee TD in my opinion unless BJ's cardio starts to fade.

Duh? Really obvious and lazy thread. He might just knock him out before he has to take him down.

I don’t give him a whole lot of credit for losing decisively to Machida in a fight where they were both fat bloated and looked like they just roll off of the couch.

Oh I also have Kenny Florian beating Kevin Lee too

Back