Kevin Lee will go down as one of the greats eventually

He's your typical cut baby trying to dodge true competition at 170. Also Tony, Khabib, Conor and Eddie all beat him easily.

Tony already schooled him, Khabib will not have his way with him Kevin is just as beast if not more and does something Khabib really don't do well, box. Eddie will have issues and we don't know which Eddie shows up, Conor just gets manhandle like a prison scrub...

Kinda like Conrad at 45 and 55
Yer the difference is Conor moved up to his true weight class which is 155 while Lee and Khabib are killing themselves just to avoid the guys at 170. This alone should tell you enough.

He will never be champ, and he will eventually fade into obscurity

Khabib and Lee have both missed weight the same amount of times.
Yes and Kevin has had 2 bad cuts in a row while Khabib has had his 2 best. At least Khabib was smart enough to hire a nutritionist

It's just stupid for him or anyone else to ignore that.

Yer the difference is Conor moved up to his true weight class which is 155 while Lee and Khabib are killing themselves just to avoid the guys at 170. This alone should tell you enough.

170 is his 'true' weight class if we're being honest.

170 is his 'true' weight class if we're being honest.
Maybe but his weight cut for 155 is easy and he's never missed weight at 145 either.

Although Conor talked about going to 170 to fight Woodley in the UFC 205 post-fight press conference so he's called out the 170 champ while Khabib or Lee have never mentioned his name.

952467.jpg

You don't say?

I wonder if this nutritionist is going to get Lee to shed some muscle.

And if it does how will that affect his game because brute force is a big part of his game.

If he doesn't get his weight cutting issues under control he'll be at WW within 2 fights.

Kevin Lee is close to joining my must order PPV list with Jones & GSP.

I’m positive he won’t. He gets rocked way too easily for that. He’s taking legit big shots that would rock almost anybody. But it happens in almost every fight.

Nope his genetics are not GOAT level in the imperviousness to blunt force trauma dep’t.

giphy.gif

And yet he's never missed weight at 145.

Where is the part that I quoted you that said anything about missing weight? You have Conrad's ball sack so ingrained in your pea brain, you don't understand wtf you're even trying convey?

He’s awesome but it’s far from a sure thing. The hype is out of control. He has great grappling, decent striking, he’s crazy strong and he’s smart as hell

But... his cardio is questionable over 5 rounds. His chin is VERY questionable and that’s not something that improves as you age. He gets badly hurt or dropped pretty often and in each of his last 3 fights. He’s also having weight issues already and that is also something that gets tougher as you age. He’ll be at 170 before he’s 30

There is also the issue that 155 is at an all time high right now and those dudes will be in their prime for a few years yet. That means to win a belt and be an all time great he’s going to have to beat Tony in a rematch, beat Khabib and beat Conor. Probably throw Holloway in there too

Kevin Lee is one hell of a talent but people are really jumping the gun with this stuff. Let the dude grow and let’s see what happens

If he's lucky he could fix two things(bad weight cuts and weak chin) in one. The dehydrated brain didn't help him absorb strikes.

Pioneer Wing like the great Matt Serra

Let's wait. Lee is amazingly talented and he improves a lot in every fight, but he gets tagged easily and we don't know yet how he will fare against a striker who can keep the fight standing. I think he can be champ but he needs more fights and to improve his cardio.

i honestly hope he does. iv posted it before as soon as i seen al iaquinta scheduled against a debut fighter i was thinking it was a lamb to the slaughter. to me the match up made no sense, then when you see how good kevin lee performs idk to me you can just tell. if anyone hasnt seen that fight please rewatch it, it instantly made me a fan of lee and it reassured me Al was not just another guy from Tuf.

even Al said kevin is puttin up a heel persona at times tryin to sell fights, so if he rubs people the wrong way thats fine i guess, but like chael you can tell its not bisping or diaz like. hes just tryin to sell the fight and he actually puts time into what he says, hes not responding agressive and aggro like an asshole. hes tryin to be funny,show confidence, and sell the fight. if feeling get hurt thats fine, but i hope people see lee for what he is, a damn good athlete/fighter just trying to play the game the best he can.

sorry to long post. ima lee fan is all.

Back