Kevin Lee wants 165lb title fight against GSP

I mean I'd watch that fight but it makes no sense and doesn't do anything for GSP's legacy or bank account so it wont happen.

If there was a 165 shouldnt 170 be made to 175?
Either way kevins delusional if hes not trolling with this statement

Dude, we've talked about Lee many times. You know where I stand, I know where you stand.

Lee is a very young and flawed fighter with lots of room to improve. As of today, he is nowhere close to being good enough to fight today's GSP.

Disagree if you want. You're entitled to your opinion. Lee has shown me nothing that would suggest that he could best Tony, Khabib, GSP, or even Eddie at this moment. In a few years, maybe, but not any time soon.
Because you aren't looking hard enough.. lol

You're judging him based on fights that happened years ago Instead of his most recent fights and for that reason your analysis Is poor here. Either that or you have a degree of biased against him which is clouding your judgement a bit.

In any case, whatever..but you're way off.

Again, he Is like a modern version of GSP.

Thing Is with fighters like this, they're literally a completely different fighter every fight. Even using a fight from a year and a half ago to judge them would produce an Inaccurate analysis.

I'm just not sure how you can watch the Barboza fight and not think this guy Is a future champ. It's so damn obvious dude. Anyways, It's whatever..we can agree to disagree here, just remember you'll one day have to backtrack on this quite heavily.. lol

Does Kevin Lee even have a profile picture on the UFC website?

GSP ain't fuckin' fighting Kevin Lee lmao

Dude, we've talked about Lee many times. You know where I stand, I know where you stand.

Lee is a very young and flawed fighter with lots of room to improve. As of today, he is nowhere close to being good enough to fight today's GSP.

Disagree if you want. You're entitled to your opinion. Lee has shown me nothing that would suggest that he could best Tony, Khabib, GSP, or even Eddie at this moment. In a few years, maybe, but not any time soon.

he was outstriking Tony on the feet, took him down, beat him up, elbowed him and mounted him, took his back. Up until he got tired due to the staph, he was looking like the superior fighter In every aspect. Seems a bit odd to say "nothing would suggest he could beat Tony" based on those circumstances, which fight were you watching? It seems like a fair assesment to say that a healthy, staph free Lee beats Tony..something countless analysts, pros and MMA minds have agreed with. Especially given his last fight and the fact that he was able to go 5 hard rounds.

Khabib wouldn't take Kevin down, their wrestling again would likely cancel eachother out and he would get outstruck on the feet. He matches up very well stylistically against Khabib which Is why he's been asking for the fight for so long.

Eddie matches up surprisingly well against most of the top 5 honestly, Including Kevin Lee.

GSP put on a great performance against Bisping, but If were being honest..Bisping wasn't even a top 10 middleweight at the time he held the belt. He himself was far past his prime. He's being quite a bit overrated at the moment.

When Lee was on Rogan's podcast, he said GSP Is a step behind the current breed right now. Given the fact that he's actually trained with him and they're friends, I tend to believe him here. GSP Isn't shot but he's not at his absolute peak, It's not even remotely hard for me to believe that someone of Lee's caliber, potential and ceiling could get the better of GSP and even beat him in a fight. The reality Is that GSP is on the downside of his career and Lee Is near the top of the modern era.

Like I said, there's definitely a great deal you're missing here. The talent, potential and ceiling here Is quite obvious.

It's also odd to be praising GSP and then call out Kevin Lee as a "flawed fighter" who probably wont ever be champion, when he's pretty much a modern version of GSP who's even better In some ways with an arguably higher ceiling than even GSP had at his best.

It is what it is, I said Conor was gonna be a champ / great before his fight with Poirier. Said the same thing about Lee before his fight with Chiesa. If you pay attention, you can see these things before they happen.

anyways, It is what it is. We can agree to disagree

Kevin Lee can't make 155 so he wants a 165 division to save his ass. Sorry buddy. It's time to grow some balls and move up to 170 where you belong.

You're judging him based on fights that happened years ago Instead of his most recent fights and for that reason your analysis Is poor here. Either that or you have a degree of biased against him which is clouding your judgement a bit.

Thing Is with fighters like this, they're literally a completely different fighter every fight. Even using a fight from a year and a half ago to judge them would produce an Inaccurate analysis.

I'm just not sure how you can watch the Barboza fight and not think this guy Is a future champ. It's so damn obvious dude. Anyways, It's whatever..we can agree to disagree here, just remember you'll one day have to backtrack on this quite heavily.. lol
No, you're just very biased towards him. Every time we talk I reference his 4-5 most recent fights and the only you say is "his Cieling is so high tho" because in reality he has yet to do anything you say he can. I never use outdated info. You just refuse to listen to what I say.

Lee has issues maintaining positions and is slow to pass guard. In the Barboza fight this was extremely clear. He would stay in guard for long periods of time, pass half, get back to guard, get to mount, and just end up in guard again. That is a big issue considering that Barboza is not very good off his back.

This issue was clear against Chiesa and Tony. He has trouble passing which leads him to very frequently get caught in submissions from guard. This is all from his last 3 fights.

Lee also has a very limited range of TDs. He relies on blast doubles and muscling doubles off the cage. This burns through his stamina heavily. See Tony and Edson.

His striking defense is also sub par. He is practically all offense on the feet which leada him to eat many big shots. Couple that with his lackluster chin and you have a recipe for disaster.

When you can actually provide decent analysis I'll listen. But so long as you keep saying "oh his mentality" "oh his Cieling" "oh he's so young" "oh ignore his bad fights" I will not change my perspective on Lee.

Kevin who? The kid has zero drawing power and is 1-1 in his last 2, calling out the greatest mix martial artist of all time... comical.

And current divisions are retarded, make it 140 (no one cares if you weigh less than that), 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, then 200+. Get rid of WMMA.

3 belts? Ferguson and Colby have made up belts.
Gsp vs Lee makes no sense. He just lost his fake title shot.

<GSPWoah>

4LaWv.gif

he was outstriking Tony on the feet, took him down, beat him up, elbowed him and mounted him, took his back. Up until he got tired due to the staph, he was looking like the superior fighter In every aspect. Seems a bit odd to say "nothing would suggest he could beat Tony" based on those circumstances, which fight were you watching? It seems like a fair assesment to say that a healthy, staph free Lee beats Tony..something countless analysts, pros and MMA minds have agreed with. Especially given his last fight and the fact that he was able to go 5 hard rounds.

Khabib wouldn't take Kevin down, their wrestling again would likely cancel eachother out and he would get outstruck on the feet. He matches up very well stylistically against Khabib which Is why he's been asking for the fight for so long.

Eddie matches up surprisingly well against most of the top 5 honestly, Including Kevin Lee.

GSP put on a great performance against Bisping, but If were being honest..Bisping wasn't even a top 10 middleweight at the time he held the belt. He himself was far past his prime. He's being quite a bit overrated at the moment.

When Lee was on Rogan's podcast, he said GSP Is a step behind the current breed right now. Given the fact that he's actually trained with him and they're friends, I tend to believe him here. GSP Isn't shot but he's not at his absolute peak, It's not even remotely hard for me to believe that someone of Lee's caliber, potential and ceiling could get the better of GSP and even beat him in a fight. The reality Is that GSP is on the downside of his career and Lee Is near the top of the modern era.

Like I said, there's definitely a great deal you're missing here. The talent, potential and ceiling here Is quite obvious.

It's also odd to be praising GSP and then call out Kevin Lee as a "flawed fighter" who probably wont ever be champion, when he's pretty much a modern version of GSP who's even better In some ways with an arguably higher ceiling than even GSP had at his best.

It is what it is, I said Conor was gonna be a champ / great before his fight with Poirier. Said the same thing about Lee before his fight with Chiesa. If you pay attention, you can see these things before they happen.

anyways, It is what it is. We can agree to disagree
Tony is a slow starter and almost always gives up the first round. Tony was nowhere close to being finished and Lee looked desperate. He was throwing strikes after the bell and burning all of his fuel in 1 round. The rest of the fight was Tony showing the gap between them. Even if Lee was 100% (which he will never be at LW since that cut is too much for him) Tony would almost always drown him in deep waters as the fight goes on. Lee only had 1 good round in a round that Tony is notorious for giving up.

Khabib would take Lee down like everyone else does. Lee has never had good TDD. Chiesa and many others have taken him down. And Lee has no bottom game that he has ever displayed in a fight. Meanwhile Khabib's submissions off of his back are better than his subs from top. There is nothing to suggest that their wrestling would cancel each other out. You are delusional.

GSP has some of the best TDD in UFC history, one of the greatest top games of all time, and is used to fighting WWs with higher grappling credentials than Lee. Not to mention that he has far superior striking, defense, and even power.

And I never said Lee would never be a champion. In fact, I said he very well may be after Khabib is done at LW in previous conversations.

Lee is flawed in just as many ways as he is skilled. Some of those flaws cannot be fixed easily (not at all in the case of his chin). He's a great fighter but against Khabib, Tony, Eddie, and especially GSP he is not nearly ready for them. In 2 years I would be surprised if he doesn't have a belt. But that's 2 years from now. I'm living in the present, unlike you.

"Too many belts in weight classes"
Wants to add another belt

Hey the change makes sense.

with 165 - guys like Lee won't be missing weight, and with 175 guys like Till won't be missing weight. They're obviously too big for their current divisions.

He's trained with him.

He knows better than anyone where he stands.

When Lee said that GSP is a step behind the current generation on Rogan's podcast, I believe him.

Lee beats current GSP, personally see him as the superior striker to GSP..wrestling likely cancels out

Prime GSP is another matter

But yeah, when he said GSP is a step behind the current generation. I absolutely believed him In that context.

Lee is really like the modern version of GSP. In ways he's better and has a higher ceiling than he did as well.
Congrats, you actually managed to surpass LegKickTKO for the dumbest post in this thread. At least his reeked of trolling... you, on the other hand, sound like you might actually believe the BS you are spewing. “ Wrestling likely cancels out” hahahahahaha

You really make the longest posts about nonsense. It’s hilarious. Modern version of GSP my ass. Where’s Kevin’s Kyokushin Karate Black Belt? Where’s his top-notch BJJ? Where’s his Superman jab/wheel kick combos? They are literally nothing alike. Kevin is a wrestleboxer with a strong double leg, good positional grappling and some nasty GnP. GSP is world class in every aspect of the sport. Just give it a rest.

Back