Kevin Lee wanted to put a beating on Barboza worst than Khabib

He did beat him worse than Khabib but Khabib only had 3 rounds, Khabib is know for smothering and pressure that is it.
He beat on Barboza 3 solid rounds and Barboza showed no signs of quitting he just could not get up that is it.
Khabib is tie up, push against the fence, take down, wrestle fuck, bell and that repeats itself over and over again.

The dude needs some armbars. All he needed to do was watch a couple of mighty mouse's armbar finishes from GNP top control setup - he had many similar opportunities where the obvious finish was to snag a limb and step over.

If you want to build some unneccessary frustration, rewatch the fight and try to count how many times his corner should have given him the instruction "armbar!!"
Good point but armbars are risky, he could have lost top position by going for one

He did put a beating on him even though he still almost lost, and should have lost. The real big difference was effort. It seemed to take Lee more effort whereas Khabib made it look easy, effortless and more like a practice session at the gym. Khabib also looks more precise and refined in his techniques.

Lets not pretend that the Khabib fight didn't have an effect on Barboza.

...and it almost cost him the fight. Finally, before rnd 5 he told his corner, "im just gonna win it for 5 more minutes"... Because he realized that Warboza wasnt going anywhere.

He was trying to fight for MMAth, by trying to finish Warboza unlike Khabib.

If he wouldve taken a more methodical approach and just be content with a decision after the beatdown he put on Barboza 1st and 2nd round, he wouldve likely came out of that fight untouched.

He is young, i hope he understands that some fans and especially Dana are buffoons for blaming fighters for not finishing their opponents.
This post just shows you don't understand the business side. What I gather from your post is that all fighters should fight like Jon Fitch.

Lee showed zero respect for Barboza and just straight up beat him like he was fighting a 5th grader. That was domination.

Respect to Barboza for pulling up the wheel kick. Lee was being way too brash but obviously was looking to make a statement, and he did.

Khabib is still largely untested against the truly elite of the division. Barboza is a solid win but it shouldn't be your signature win - he loses to top guys almost as a rule.

Kevin Lee is a problem for everybody in the division.

Khabib wasn't even slightly hurt for one second during that fight. Kevin was on queer street and would've been finished if Barboza had any fight iq.
Hey now...let's not be bringing "queer" language into this thread...my cousin Cleatus is queer.

Lets not pretend that the Khabib fight didn't have an effect on Barboza.

Why would it?

It wasn't nearly as bad as the shots he took in other fights. Cerrone dropped him like a sack of potatoes and then put him away. So did Tony. Michael Johnson beat the ever loving breaks off him in a lopsided fight.

Khabib far and away has the least impressive win over Barboza among his peers. He had some solid ground and pound but nothing scary and it wasn't close to being stopped.

I think when most fighters get in the ring the two things they fight for is money and MMAth
If it wasn't for MMAth I literally would not be watching this sport. I couldn't even...

I need a pumpkin spice latte too.

i still feel like khabib has another level that we havent seen yet. maybe im wrong, but i just get a sense that he may have another gear in him.

Khabib has said after his last two fights that he deliberately took them the distance to experience going the full rounds. Now, that is of course most likely just talk, but it would be interesting if in his next fight/ first title defence he took the opponent down and proceeded to quickly GnP them into oblivion and a quick finish.

Don't understand how a guy who trains with Edgar, Ricardo Almeida, and Zabit doesn't have better ground game

Back