Kevin Lee Takes Personal Responsibility for the Mess That Is Lightweight

James Baller

Black Belt
Banned
Reaction score
"I apologized, I actually reached out to the UFC and apologized for letting (the UFC 223 main event/lightweight championship fiasco) happen. If I would've showed up healthy versus Tony Ferguson, that week in Brooklyn would've looked completely different."

"I'll right all this, I'll clean up this division. I feel like it's my fault. I'm taking personal responsibility for it."

"Give me about a year's time, it'll all be etched out, everyone will know who the real king is."

Also...

- Says he's not very impressed with Dustin Porier's victory over Justin Gaethje. Says the fight wasn't "championship level".

- Says he's never been very impressed with Khabib. "He's slow, he's square. He's so desperate for them takedowns."

- Says he's "in (his) bag and ready to fight".

- On McGregor vs. Bus: "I thought it was laughable."

- On McGregor vs. Khabib: "I don't know. It's a tough fight. Part of me feels like Conor will sleep him. We'll see. My gut tells me Khabib would beat him, but Khabib is so slow, so desperate for them takedowns. I think I beat the shit out of either one of them to be honest."

My thoughts... yeah, wasn't a big fan of Lee before his fight with Ferguson, but I've warmed up to him. This Saturday he'll be fighting Edson Barboza in Atlantic City, should be an awesome fight. Lee is the slight favorite.

Last edited:
Kevin Lee is a breath of fresh air. Interesting insights, tenacity for days

Let's be honest. Does ANYONE say they are impressed with a fellow division fighter?

It’s just shit talk unless he starts cleaning house.

Kevin Lee is a breath of fresh air. Interesting insights, tenacity for days
breath of fresh air?

interesting.

i feel like hes just another guy going the trash talking wrestling gimmick route.

i guess hes got his own little twist, but, eh...

i will agree he says funny things once in a while....

if u were talking about his fighting style.. his style is pretty similar to other wrestlers.

wrrKz_f-maxage-0.gif

I think he's gonna make another run at the title. Barboza is a tough fight but Lee is more well rounded and if he relies on his wrestling he can win this.

I wish Kevin didn't have such a cocky persona. I get that he has to because he's a fighter who needs to stir up controversy in our social media laden age, but his actions speak louder for themselves. He's an exciting fighter to watch and I hope he beats Barboza but I think his persona is a front.

by fighting a guy coming off a loss who doesn't fair well against wrestlers? the division is cleaned out, no testimony to Lee. i feel like LW is at the weakest state it has been competitively in awhile. most of the matches to be made are foregone conclusions.

Guy that relies on his wrestling with a sub par gas tank?

O yea khabib gonna struggle

Let's see if he can even make weight before we join the Kevin Lee war wagon.

Lee referring to Conor as "that cokehead" made me a fan.

Chisea was a good win for him, and he gets a pass on the Tony fight for dealing with staph...curious to see how high he can rise.

Let's be honest. Does ANYONE say they are impressed with a fellow division fighter?

If they did that, then sherdoggers will say that he's already mentally lost to that fighter so he could never beat him.

Back