Kevin Lee Signs With CAA; Commits Career Suicide

Should be fine. Wme owns Zuffa sure but Kevin is not contracted by wme IMG. Refusing to deal would be a definite breach of contract on Zuffa llc's part. Unless he strolls into a UFC event wearing CAA branding I can't see it being to big of a deal.

Is Endeavor really going to be mad that one of their fighters signed with a competitor? Does CAA having Kevin Lee suddenly elevate them pass WME/IMG?? No.

It would actually be kind of hilarious if CAA helped Lee become a star. Kinda like a 'we can manage your talent better than you can' dig at WME....

It would actually be kind of hilarious if CAA helped Lee become a star. Kinda like a 'we can manage your talent better than you can' dig at WME....

I'm sure they hope they do make him a star
That makes everyone more money
WME & CAA work together on projects
They both rep Directors, Producers, Writers that work with each other & other actors
UFC has 500+ fighters, WME cannot give them all individual attention to help them brand.
Now there is an agent at CAA that will help a UFC fighter & if he wins & gets more popular - win-win-win

Even a talent agency as big as them can't make Kevin Lee likable.
His loud mouth doesn't match his skills.

Dude I've always wondered the origin of this gif?
It was from some TV show or movie that Dana was in. Not sure what it was called or if he had much of a part other than that GIF.

Lol @ career suicide

It’s not like WME-IMG were gonna sign him

He never struck me as a smart business man

I don't know if this is really career suicide...

That's what allmost everybody said about Cyborg when she signed with Punishment and Tito Ortiz to be her manager...

It might be a tactical move. Smart actually since he has a name somewhat. Keeps checks-and-balance, and management in the fighters own interest foremost.

I would not recommend it to a guy who's not well established inside the UFC, however.

He'll be fine, Sherdog should come down a notch they don't always know what is better for fighters , and they generally don't care.

It was from some TV show or movie that Dana was in. Not sure what it was called or if he had much of a part other than that GIF.

Thanks man, I was never too sure if someone had cleverly shopped danas head on something
You never know with the photoshop guys on here

how is Lee "helping to bring MMA to the next level" by signing with CAA? lol

I don't know if this is really career suicide...

That's what allmost everybody said about Cyborg when she signed with Punishment and Tito Ortiz to be her manager...
Ortiz had to resign as Justino's manager before White would sign her.

After he got out of the picture from the negotiations, White immediately changed his tone about her, apologized for the "Wanderlei in a dress" comments, and signed her.

how is Lee "helping to bring MMA to the next level" by signing with CAA? lol
I think he thinks they're going to put him in movies or let him do a rap record.

I think he thinks they're going to put him in movies or let him do a rap record.

lol - well, he already has a ridiculous wardrobe, so he's halfway ready to star in his own music video! haha

Back