Media Kevin Lee plans to send a message to Khabib with his to-be "beating" over Al Iaquinta

If he can finish Al on the ground it'd definitely be a strong message but I highly doubt he will ever fight Khabib

Khabib is out there looking for Floyd, talking about suspensions and retirement, and he doesn't seem too interested in Tony Ferguson...let alone Kevin lee.

View attachment 473307

He beat Barboza worse than Khabib did and he got the finish. That was a strong message, but Al is going to be a tougher fight no doubt.
Al a tougher fight than Barbosa <Dany07>

Barboza has routinely lost to elite fighters. Unlike the Khabib fight though, he usually gets put away.

Hell even Michael Johnson beat the ever loving brakes off him.

This 100%. I have nothing against the guy - he is a good fighter and can be fun to watch, but jesus is he overrated or what. He always gets talked about as an elite fighter, but he simply isn't. As you said he routinely loses to elite fighters, and even Johnson, who is a gatekeeper type himself.

Barboza is very much style over substance. He's a talented gatekeeper with some flashy knees and kicks, and nothing more than that.

Al a tougher fight than Barbosa <Dany07>

What on earth is funny about that? You realise Al already beat Lee right, and Barboza got fucking mauled in 1 sided fashion aside from 1 kick?

Even if Lee manages to win this, it'll probably be a tough, close fight, far more so than the Barboza beating.

What on earth is funny about that? You realise Al already beat Lee right, and Barboza got fucking mauled in 1 sided fashion aside from 1 kick?

Even if Lee manages to win this, it'll probably be a tough, close fight, far more so than the Barboza beating.
Al made it 5 rd with Beeb n hws a stud now??? Barboza is twice the fighter Al is. Lee oscar MUCH better fighter now..

Yeah but he had fought Khabib right before in a fight where he had nothing at all to offer. There’s no way his confidence level went back up after that especially going against another strong wrestler.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Barboza has almost as a rule lost to elite fighters every time.

Varner KO'd him in 2012
Cerrone dropped him and choked him out in 2014
Michael Johnson beat the living sh@% out of him in 2015
Ferguson hurt him then choked him out in 2015

Khabib, late to the party, takes him to a 3 round decision in 2017.

For good measure, Lee jumped on next and beat him up too and got a TKO.

Yeah but he had fought Khabib right before in a fight where he had nothing at all to offer. There’s no way his confidence level went back up after that especially going against another strong wrestler.

Barboza has lost enough in his career to where it shouldn’t effect his performances.

Kevin Lee and T ferg have some of the best banter in the ufc now

Kevin Lee had 5 rounds. Khabib had 3 and Kevin finished him in the 5th.

Khabib definitely would have finished Barboza in the championship rounds and he wouldn't have been turned into bambee by any point.

tenor.gif

so again, if this was a 3 round fight like Khabib/Barboza it would have been a 29-28.
If only he would have just kicked him again or anything else besides rushing in...

So Conor is allowed but Khabib isnt?

Cool story bro......

I want more for Khabib as I believe he's one of the greats - I couldn't care less what Conor is up to but I hold Khabib to a higher standard.

So fuck off.

Unfortunately for Lee I just don't think he has the chin to take on Khabib.

I think Khabib is a better grappler, a better striker and has a better chin.

It's not a good look when a fighter is looking past the guy who is in front of him.

If he's looking past Al he's going to be in for a rougher night.

Lee is going to get rocked hard (like every fight) - and Raging Al is well rounded enough to put him away after he makes him do the chicken dance

Back