Kevin Lee on Barboza: "I'm gonna whoop his ass harder than Khabib did".

bolly32

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/2/20/...oop-edson-barbozas-ass-harder-than-khabib-mma

“Right now I’m looking at Barboza. I think Barboza is a great fight, a really good matchup for me. He fought a lot of the guys who are at the top and I’m gonna whoop his ass harder than Khabib did,” Lee explained. “I’m also looking at somebody like Eddie Alvarez who is up there without a fight, he’s sitting on the sidelines, he’s trying to avoid me as much as he can. There’s a couple of fights that I’m looking at, that I’m interested in. They are not all necessarily above me, obviously, that’s where you want to look but really those rankings don’t mean shit, and they don’t mean shit to me.”

Despite coming off a loss to Ferguson and having only one top 10 win in Chiesa, Lee still looked impressive in both outings. He's marketable as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another top 5 guy in his next fight.

Who do you guys think the Motown Phenom should fight next?

kevin-lee-reacts-to-ufc-216-loss-650599.jpg

Interesting fight. Would be a big win for Lee. Put him right back in the mix... #TRASH TALK TO GET FIGHT !!!

I would love to see Barboza slowly piece up Kevin.

Also Alvarez would take him to school.

Eddie Alvarez and Lee would be a good war...I'd like to see that.

I don't think Kevin wants that fight. He's not Khabib, and Barboza would chop him up pretty good

Kevin Lee should fight Dustin or Edson ..

don't know why you wanna fight a cheat n sell out like Eddie.. Eddie doesn't deserve to fight anyone but Dustin in a Rematch.. Let him get that ass whoopin he deserves!!

Kevin Lee should fight Dustin or Edson ..

don't know why you wanna fight a cheat n sell out like Eddie.. Eddie doesn't deserve to fight anyone but Dustin in a Rematch.. Let him get that ass whoopin he deserves!!
How is Eddie a cheat and sellout?

I would love to see Barboza slowly piece up Kevin.

Also Alvarez would take him to school.

Eddie Alvarez and Lee would be a good war...I'd like to see that.

Lee doesn’t deserve a fight with Eddie yet; he has to earn that.

With that being said, it would be a real fan friendly fight. I’d pay to see that one a PPV card. Main or co-main.

If Kevin doesn't manage to get a take-down early then Barboza will easily pick him apart on the feet. Once he batters Lee's leg up Kevin's shots will be much less effective.

Would love to see this fight.

Kevin Lee slowly becoming Bisping, talks a lot, and fairly well, but the words have so little value, even when he's right.

It's hard to buy in, because they're trying so hard.

Doubt that's possible. Khabib destroyed Barboza completely. I can't recall a fight were the judges scored the bout 30-25, 30-25 and 30-24. I have never seen a 30-24 before.

That fight is appropriate for both guys, I like it.

I got Barboza by UD/near KO

Fight makes sense, book it next I say,

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/2/20/...oop-edson-barbozas-ass-harder-than-khabib-mma

“Right now I’m looking at Barboza. I think Barboza is a great fight, a really good matchup for me. He fought a lot of the guys who are at the top and I’m gonna whoop his ass harder than Khabib did,” Lee explained. “I’m also looking at somebody like Eddie Alvarez who is up there without a fight, he’s sitting on the sidelines, he’s trying to avoid me as much as he can. There’s a couple of fights that I’m looking at, that I’m interested in. They are not all necessarily above me, obviously, that’s where you want to look but really those rankings don’t mean shit, and they don’t mean shit to me.”

Despite coming off a loss to Ferguson and having only one top 10 win in Chiesa, Lee still looked impressive in both outings. He's marketable as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another top 5 guy in his next fight.

Who do you guys think the Motown Phenom should fight next?

kevin-lee-reacts-to-ufc-216-loss-650599.jpg

Lee definitely has the look, and seems like a decent guy, but he needs to learn how to articulate himself better. His trash talk is worse than El Cucoy's

Should Main Event the Atlantic City FN card.

Back