Kevin Lee on “Floyd has never fought anyone with that type of stance”

You mean the kind of stance that hasn't been optimized over hundreds of years for boxing?

God i hope Conor fights Lee at some point. Head clean off, first round. No damage taken

You mean the kind of stance that hasn't been optimized over hundreds of years for boxing?

Exactly, you don't beat Floyd by boxing him. You fight him, and there is a distinct difference. I'm not saying McGregor wins but the idea is the correct one.

Exactly, you don't beat Floyd by boxing him. You fight him, and there is a distinct difference. I'm not saying McGregor wins but the idea is the correct one.
We'll see in a few days who fights better.

Lol @ brought people like Conor, in words of Conor "What other mixed martial artist is there out there like me? You'd need to reincarnate Bruce Lee to mimic me."

Floyd knows more about weird boxing stances then Conor McGregor, Kevin Lee, me, and everyone else in this thread put together.

What you see on TV is not the totality of what world-class people can do. That's the best possible strategy they can use against their world-class opponent. They get to that level by trying and studying all kinds of things, formally and informally, and keeping what works best. So world-class boxers know all kinds of weird things about boxing that you never see in their PPV fights. Watch the clip of Bernard Hopkins explaining defense to Rashad Evans. He talks about Bruce Lee's fighting stance, and even how turtles use their shells.

I love how people mention so much that Floyd has never faced anyone like Conor. Has Conor faced anyone like Floyd? Lol. Why is one seen as an advantage and the other completely ignored?

More than likely Conor never lands cleanly but maybe in the opening rounds he can do something you never know I'm excited to watch if Floyd wins 50-0 good for him if Conor catches him slipping and makes him pay 49-1 good for conor

none but only time will tell Lee does have a good point but don't think it will be much help to conor

Floyd might just catch conor as he switches stances. I think thats how dodson KO'd TJ

"He (Floyd) is bringing in guys that can mimic that style." Wrong.

I love how people mention so much that Floyd has never faced anyone like Conor. Has Conor faced anyone like Floyd? Lol. Why is one seen as an advantage and the other completely ignored?
I crack up on this. They pretend conor has beat floyd like competition in mma. Both guys will have to deal with and figure out the others style. It wont just be floyd that has to deal with conor.

Yes, a totally revolutionary concept that has never been thought of in boxing to counteract slicker, more fundamentally sound technicians. If only the likes of Harry Greb, Jake LaMotta, Sandy Saddler and Rocky Marciano had the type of groundbreaking analysis explained to them all those years back.

Back