Kevin Lee not making weight twice in a row ????

that's because the safety precaution created an incentive to cut ridiculous weight due to fuck heads like dolce manipulating the body through keto and carb cutting.

if you eliminate the incentive which comes from the body's ability to hydrate in 36 hours, you remove the cutting of weight.

if you knew your opponent was not cutting weight but you were, and you had to fight him drained, hungry, and mentally fatigued, why would you?

the logic of it makes no sense.

this same logic has worked for the whole "gym wars" and sparring. no top fighter engages in heavy sparring through their camps anymore. they know they are damaging themselves.

these guys spend thousands, in some cases hundreds of thousands, on their bodies for each fight. they are not idiots.

rempve the rehydration loophole and you eliminate weight cutting.
if you're proposing changing the whole system with something like the CSAC 10 point plan or the OneFC model, i agree.

if you're saying something else.....well, i tried.

He made weight last time...

cropped-1765013177.jpg

He weighed in at 157. It seems like he got unlucky with the fight being in New Jersey. Many commissions will give fighters that miss weight an extra 2 hours to try to make weight, but apparently New Jersey is not one of them. Obviously, Lee could have cut 1 pound in 2 hours.

Or not.

<Fedor23>

i've seen this opinion come up quite a few times in the last few years. some small % of American football fans have a similar idea; go back to leather helmets, and after a few guys KTFO themselves the big hits led by heads will surely stop, thereby decreasing concussions in the long run.

i don't want to debate the idea, but it did made me wonder; has any sport ever taken away a safety precaution for the sole purpose of making it so much more dangerous that the athletes will stop doing whatever it was they were doing, after a few of their brethren have died?

so i'm not critiquing your idea or debating you. i'm just segueing off it. hell, if we can come up with examples, we can strengthen your opinion.

The protective equipment is what allows more head trauma. Let boxers fight bare handed and watch people switch up their styles real quick.

if you're proposing changing the whole system with something like the CSAC 10 point plan or the OneFC model, i agree.

if you're saying something else.....well, i tried.
Naw, @Mo8_98 is just being an idiot. The moron actually thinks if a couple of guys die inside the octagon it'd be a good thing for the sport. He also is stupid enough to think that fighters aren't equally as dumb. Like fighters popping multiple times for PEDs mean they're smart? Like Jones' many driving issues proves he's a genus? Like War Machine's spat with Christy Mack is validation to his superior intellect?
<LordRoose>
Please

i've no problem with weeding out morons. nba got rid of bodybuilders who simply elbowed people and grabbed rebounds with more skilled and movement based offense that were developed in European leauges. now, every player is expected to be able to shoot, dribble, and move without the ball.

stop rewarding idiots.

He will be at 170 soon. Obvious he is too big for 155

no they are not.
a fighter who doesn't cut weight will walk through a fighter who cut weight. it eliminates the incentive to cut weight. you no longer have the advantage of drinking 20 pounds of water over 2 days.
Theres a reason boxing went away from same day weigh ins, its be ause fighters still cut stupid amou ts of weigjt and came into fights dehydrated

Theres a reason boxing went away from same day weigh ins, its be ause fighters still cut stupid amou ts of weigjt and came into fights dehydrated

that was before modern sport science. coaches and managers know the disadvantages now. also, there is no more IVs.

Or not.
The protective equipment is what allows more head trauma. Let boxers fight bare handed and watch people switch up their styles real quick.
so i'll ask again:

has any sport ever taken away a safety precaution for the sole purpose of making it so much more dangerous that the athletes will stop doing whatever it was they were doing, after a few of their brethren have died?

Naw, @Mo8_98 is just being an idiot. The moron actually thinks if a couple of guys die inside the octagon it'd be a good thing for the sport. He also is stupid enough to think that fighters aren't equally as dumb. Like fighters popping multiple times for PEDs mean they're smart? Like Jones' many driving issues proves he's a genus? Like War Machine's spat with Christy Mack is validation to his superior intellect?
i would be willing to discuss his thoughts, if they weren't all over the place and laced with anger.

i've tried three times to pin him down with specifics, and he responds with nonsensical ramblings. example:

SFF: "if you're proposing changing the whole system with something like the CSAC 10 point plan or the OneFC model, i agree."

Mo8: "i've no problem with weeding out morons. nba got rid of bodybuilders who simply elbowed people and grabbed rebounds with more skilled and movement based offense that were developed in European leauges. now, every player is expected to be able to shoot, dribble, and move without the ball."​

he's his own worst nightmare.

Not surprised. He's a middle of the road fighter who does nothing but talk shit. Shouldn't even be fighting someone ranked as high as Barboza.
Kevin Lee is great fighter just like Jones he could have all weapons but something in both of them are stupid

he has to cut 35 pounds. cut him some slack. this is what ufc gets for not having fight day weigh ina

Yeah cut him some slack for trying to gain an advantage by practically being a weight class up on fight night!

He weighed in at 157. It seems like he got unlucky with the fight being in New Jersey. Many commissions will give fighters that miss weight an extra 2 hours to try to make weight, but apparently New Jersey is not one of them. Obviously, Lee could have cut 1 pound in 2 hours.

There's nothing obvious about it. If he was capable of it he would have done it.

Fighters are constantly weighing themselves to make sure they're on track for their weigh ins, so I'm sure he knew he was over.

Nothing will change, other than that fighters will have an extra 24hs more to do the same thing they're doing now.

You'll have day-of drained fighters, which is a terrible idea for multiple reasons.
Glass Chins galore let’s do it

Back