Kevin Lee not making weight twice in a row ????

the point he's trying to make though is that people will STILL attempt to cut the weight, now with having less time to re-hydrate they will be going into the fight even MORE diminished.
and they will die or be hospitalized. thus serving as a clear example of what not to do.

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Bro wtf ? Your embarrassing yourself. Talk all that crap and you miss weight twice ?
Please don’t let him change his name. @mods

again. you won't. no fighter will drain himself if he knows his opponent isn't draining himself. a natural 155 pound fighter will destroy someone like Lee who has cut 35 pounds.

a few fights will serve as example. the dumbasses will either lose quickly or die and serve as example of what will happen if you do cut weight.

aaaaand that's exactly why they don't have same day weigh-ins.

He said he had 400 wrestling matches and never missed weight.. well, he didn't have USADA testing for most of that, just saying.

why do people keep saying this? Kevin Lee has holes in his game and he has weaknesses yes, but so does everyone. i think he's a legitimate title contender, especially if he smashes Barboza.

His.best win is Chiesa...

again. you won't. no fighter will drain himself if he knows his opponent isn't draining himself. a natural 155 pound fighter will destroy someone like Lee who has cut 35 pounds.

a few fights will serve as example. the dumbasses will either lose quickly or die and serve as example of what will happen if you do cut weight.

aaaaand that's exactly why they don't have same day weigh-ins.
why would you cut weight if you've seen an idiot die because he drained himself. fighter think tactically. have coaches and managers. they are not idiots, not at the top level

Kevin Lee to 170 is what needs to be done

i've seen this opinion come up quite a few times in the last few years. some small % of American football fans have a similar idea; go back to leather helmets, and after a few guys KTFO themselves the big hits led by heads will surely stop, thereby decreasing concussions in the long run.

i don't want to debate the idea, but it did made me wonder; has any sport ever taken away a safety precaution for the sole purpose of making it so much more dangerous that the athletes will stop doing whatever it was they were doing, after a few of their brethren have died?

so i'm not critiquing your idea or debating you. i'm just segueing off it. hell, if we can come up with examples, we can strengthen your opinion.

Last edited:
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Bro wtf ? Your embarrassing yourself. Talk all that crap and you miss weight twice ?

Should change your username.
But we'll always know you were a shit poster.

You picked the wrong fighters balls to lick.

what a shit thread. it was only once and the commission didn't let him have that usual 1 hour more to make weight

Nothing will change, other than that fighters will have an extra 24hs more to do the same thing they're doing now.

You'll have day-of drained fighters, which is a terrible idea for multiple reasons.
Nice way for guys to have heart attacks and kidney failure

i've seen this opinion come up quite a few times in the last few years. some small % of American football fans have a similar idea; go back to leather helmets, and the big hits led by heads will surely stop after a few guys KTFO themselves.

i don't want to debate the idea, but it did made me wonder; has any sport ever taken away a safety precaution for the sole purpose of making it so much more dangerous that the athletes will stop doing whatever it was they were doing, after a few of their brethren have died?

so i'm not critiquing your idea or debating you. i'm just segueing off it. hell, if we can come up with examples, we can strengthen your opinion.

weight cutting isn't a safety precaution. it's to create balance in competition. like 5v5 in basketball. if you know guys walk around at 190 like kevin Lee, don't book them fights at 155 for fuck sakes.

if I were UFC I'd place rules inside contracts where fighters cannot cut more than 5-10 pounds from them walking weight. how you determine that is through USADA testing. just like they test randomly through the years for doping, now weight cutting by weighing fighters every month comes into play.

this cuts out morons like Hendricks that balloon up. keeps athletes in great shape throughout their careers, loke basketball players who have to stay on weight throughout the year, as part of their contracts.

weight cutting isn't a safety precaution.
not having same day weigh-in's is a safety precaution. post #5 was you saying this:

he has to cut 35 pounds. cut him some slack. this is what ufc gets for not having fight day weigh ina

and post #28 you said this

why would you cut weight if you've seen an idiot die because he drained himself. fighter think tactically. have coaches and managers. they are not idiots, not at the top level

if you're not suggesting same day weigh-ins in order to get fighters to cut less weight after a few of them get hurt badly, then you may want to reconsider how you word things. because that's how it reads. cheers.

not having same day weigh-in's is a safety precaution. post #5 was you saying this:

that's because the safety precaution created an incentive to cut ridiculous weight due to fuck heads like dolce manipulating the body through keto and carb cutting.

if you eliminate the incentive which comes from the body's ability to hydrate in 36 hours, you remove the cutting of weight.

if you knew your opponent was not cutting weight but you were, and you had to fight him drained, hungry, and mentally fatigued, why would you?

the logic of it makes no sense.

this same logic has worked for the whole "gym wars" and sparring. no top fighter engages in heavy sparring through their camps anymore. they know they are damaging themselves.

these guys spend thousands, in some cases hundreds of thousands, on their bodies for each fight. they are not idiots.

rempve the rehydration loophole and you eliminate weight cutting.

Back