Kevin Lee - No Title Shot Due to Missing Weight

I actually agree with Tate's analysis here....Although I personally wouldn't mind if Lee got the shot. I feel like Lee and Eddie have kind of set themselves up for a collision course anyway, and you can't help but respect Dustin's path to get into title contention. Then you factor in how badly Dustin got screwed in the Alvarez fight....

Theres so many good fights in this division,with or without Conor

I'd think it's because of his 1 fight win streak, but that's just me.

There are currently 4 contenders for Khabi'b's belt. Tony deserves the next shot if/when he's ready. Assuming Khabib sticks by his word and waits until November/December, there'a a chance Tony will be able to return (not sure of his timeline).

If this is the case, the division is in trouble, assuming Conor doesn't return, since there are 3 legitimate contenders - Poirier, Eddie, and Lee. Assuming two of them face off before the end of the year, how do you determine who is the odd man out? Poirier vs. Eddie seems like the obvious fight to make given how their last fight ended, but where does that leave Kevin Lee?

The LW division is one of the two most loaded divisions in the UFC. We have to wait to see how everything plays out. If Conor comes back and is actually willing to fight Khabib for the title, they can easily make Eddie-Poirier and Tony-Lee happen. However, the odds seem to be highly unlikely that will occur.

LOL 3 "legitimate" contenders with the longest win streak being...2 (or 4-fight "unbeaten"). To make it even better, all of their last losses were finishes. Sure they are very talented and elite level fighters, but I don't like any fighter with such weak streaks getting title shots.

There are currently 4 contenders for Khabi'b's belt. Tony deserves the next shot if/when he's ready. Assuming Khabib sticks by his word and waits until November/December, there'a a chance Tony will be able to return (not sure of his timeline).

If this is the case, the division is in trouble, assuming Conor doesn't return, since there are 3 legitimate contenders - Poirier, Eddie, and Lee. Assuming two of them face off before the end of the year, how do you determine who is the odd man out? Poirier vs. Eddie seems like the obvious fight to make given how their last fight ended, but where does that leave Kevin Lee?

The LW division is one of the two most loaded divisions in the UFC. We have to wait to see how everything plays out. If Conor comes back and is actually willing to fight Khabib for the title, they can easily make Eddie-Poirier and Tony-Lee happen. However, the odds seem to be highly unlikely that will occur.
Eddie vs Al
Porier vs Lee

I think people want Kevin vs Khabib because of the stylistic matchup. I'd rather see Kevin defeat Khabib instead of Eddie. Because i think Eddie would lose to Conor.

Its Meisha Tate that says he doesn't deserve a title shot nothing to see here.

Khabib’s out for a while anyways. Set up a fight between 2 of Lee, Alvarez and Poirier and the winner gets the shot.

Last I heard, Eddie is still refusing to rematch Poirier, so I think give Poirier the shot and have Eddie vs. Lee for next in line.

The LW situation foggy, glad Meisha could clarify.

Hope UFC rewards the active fighters. Tony gets a shot when he returns but could be a while so someone could sneak in. Noone else a clear #3 so whoever pushes to the lead with a fight off should get it. Odd man out.

Interesting, but fair I suppose. Maybe one more fight to get the next slot for the belt?

I also find it funny that he called Eddie fat when he missed weight.

Poirier or Eddie? Anyone else more worthy (and able) at the moment?

Dustin would be pointless as he would get taken down at will

Kevin just needs to stay healthy and ready. They’ll certainly tap him when the next title fight goes to shit because someone slipped on a banana peel or whatever.
THIS.

With all the bad luck of the LW div the title shot should be offered to 3-4 ppl and the one to make inside the cage in one piece gets the cake...

yes, Tiramisu cake.

The current champ literally called off 2 fights before his title shot because of weight cutting.

Isn't it only one fight ?
in any case he had to have one more fight on weight before getting his shot, lee shold have to do the same specially since he lost teh fight before and khabib was undefeated when he pulled out

The next person to face Khabib is rightfully debatable.
Anyways, here is my personal take.

Tony Ferguson: Should be next in line. What goes against him is his stupid training regime, sunglasses indoors and thus, being out for a long while.
Conor: Should be punished for putting LW on hold for nearly two years. He may end up having a shot since Khabib probably now wants the red panty night without his oligarch chum financing everything for him.
Poirier: My personal pick. He's been active. He's made weight. He may not have anything for Khabib, although he does have most of the year to implement a good gameplan.
Alvarez: I wanted it to be Eddie at first but he's being weird. Must be because it's his last fight on his contract. Now it's too late and Poirier has a better resume.
Kevin Lee: Before anything, he needs to show he can make weight. Kevin Lee Vs Alvarez makes more sense to me and if Kevin Lee misses weight, he can fuck off up to welterweight.
That's it. I think there is not much wrong here with this logic.

The next person to face Khabib is rightfully debatable.
Anyways, here is my personal take.

Tony Ferguson: Should be next in line. What goes against him is his stupid training regime, sunglasses indoors and thus, being out for a long while.
Conor: Should be punished for putting LW on hold for nearly two years. He may end up having a shot since Khabib probably now wants the red panty night without his oligarch chum financing everything for him.
Poirier: My personal pick. He's been active. He's made weight. He may not have anything for Khabib, although he does have most of the year to implement a good gameplan.
Alvarez: I wanted it to be Eddie at first but he's being weird. Must be because it's his last fight on his contract. Now it's too late and Poirier has a better resume.
Kevin Lee: Before anything, he needs to show he can make weight. Kevin Lee Vs Alvarez makes more sense to me and if Kevin Lee misses weight, he can fuck off up to welterweight.
That's it. I think there is not much wrong here with this logic.
Nicely said .
I agree completely .

Absolutely. He is a beast, but he is having trouble making 156. It's tough giving him a title shot if you aren't sure he can consistently make 155.

They’re stalling him to build a bigger fight with kabib.
Feed kabib a fight or two they know he’ll win, against Porrier and his lack of wrestling probably.
Feed Lee a fight they know he’ll win.
Then act like the two super powers must finally clash, and hype it up as much as they can.
Kabib, as good as he is, still needs to defend a few times before people, casuals, can get behind him.
More of a publicity move than trying to punish Lee.

Back