Kevin Lee Misses Weight; Main Event vs. Barboza Still On

Fucking obese shitter. Just kidding, missing weight can happen to anyone but it's a bit amusing to see it happen after he keeps talking shit about Khabib. Glad Barboza still took the fight.

I like Kevin but this is just embarrassing and will take away a lot from his win from tomorrow.

Wouldn’t matter. Barboza is going to finish him

So now only Barboza can win the title. Or is this the interim title?

Xd there is no title.

Doesn't matter.. well he gives 20% of his show purse to Edson and if he wins he looks like a goof for not making that weight in time.

Honestly it was just one pound. He goofed but it wasn’t a huge fuck up. Just monetary wise 1 pound costs you 20% of your purse

There goes the potential title shot. Dustin must be rubbing his hands

He clearly cannot be trusted to make 155lbs. Should be forced to fight at WW for his next fight.

Lol, there was a thread about generic shit fighters say and do, and one poster said

"Talk about the weight cut like it's going amazingly well, then miss weight"

Well, Lee, you lying son of a bitch, you just fell into a cliche

Didn't he originally miss weight in his Interim Championship fight with Tony as well?

Not a good look for the Motown Phenom, Dude says Poirier didn't look like a Championship fighter yet he can't make the Championship Weight smh.

So much for "I'm at 4% Body Fat" and saying Eddie is overweight, at least he's never missed weight(As far as I know)

Shit, even with a win over Barboza, his claim as a title contender has a huge asterisk next to it.

Fucking Hell Kevin.

Its not like the winner of this was getting a title shot anytime soon anyways. And even if they were.... missing by 1 pound won't really matter. The same way it didn't really matter for Yoel when he missed weight and smashed Rockhold, he still got his title shot.

i feel like that 1 pound (and let's say 2 if it were a title fight) is no small feat in a weight cut where you are tapping your limit. especially given he took it right down to the wire.

He clearly cannot be trusted to make 155lbs. Should be forced to fight at WW for his next fight.

agree - no way he should sniff a title fight now. not like he took the fight on short notice either ala romero. definitely seems like the sensible option, to move up. but that being said, i bet he doesn't do it.

god damnit now hes kevin from the office

kevin-malone2.jpg

{<redford}

FFS, make the damn penalties harder for missing weight.

-33% of purse.
-Automatically loses a point at start of first round
-Not eligible for fight bonuses
--Next fight has to be in weight class above

I guarantee that fighters would make weight then. (or pull out last minute with mysterious injury)

Back