Kevin Lee Looking For Anthony Pettis Matchup @ UFC 229 in October

Nightmare match up for Pettis. Lee takes him behind the barn for some pounding.

Hope not. Shame on them if they do.

Pettis doesn’t deserve to be embarrassed by Lee.

I hate Lee. With that said he would absolutely pressure and impose his will against Pettis. RDA and Alvarez had no issues. Lee would do the same exact except he’d dish more punishment, be more dominant and make it look easy.

I can’t see how Pettis is down for this fight. Bad matchup.

I visualize Pettis locking him up in a triangle arm bar. For some reason I see Pettis winning that and can't imagine Lee winning it

jesus christ, lee is such a pompous douchebag when he talks to the media

"there are 2 spots left on that card"

"i want that khabib and mcgregor see how i beat up anthony pettis.... to show that im a real contenter"

Last edited:
I like the match up but I don't like the fight.

I want them both to win their next fights.

I think Lee would be too much for Pettis.

This is one of those fights that while Lee would be the favorite to win, I could see Pettis pulling off a crazy sub.

oDfykGg.jpg

Hell yeah showtime back in the mix lets go boys

There really isn't a good ''stylistic match-up'' for Pettis. They gave him a striker in Barboza and he got outclassed. They gave him a striker in Holloway and he got outclassed. If anything, Pettis does way better against primary grapplers and wrestlers (Bendo, Giblert, Oliveira and Chiesa). This is a great match-up for him.

I agree that this is a great matchup for Pettis.

It's high risk low reward for Lee at this point

Great fight. Tough one for Pettis but he looked a lot better last time out.

Pettis would get crushed by Kevin Lee. They are on two different levels.

I dont want Showtime to lose like that.

it wouldn't be smart to not have at least a top 5 LW featuring on the card just in case something happens with the main event. rankings wise the fight makes sense considering how the division is currently booked

Why u call out guy who lose ? Pettis is 3-5 in last 8 fights.

You know the main reason Kevin Lee wants to be on that same fight card is because he knows he will be granted a title shot if Khabib or Conor miss weight or pull out of the fight.

Fighting Pettis is his secondary goal.

Back