Kevin Lee is without a doubt a future champion

He proved to be better than what I previously thought I will give you that, he is no Colby.

But he won't beat Khabib or Ferguson. He'll need both of them to retire to become a champion somehow

I think he will be a champion at some point of his career if he can keep making 155. At 170 he will get destroyed.

I dont think he is better than Khabib tho.

Kevin Lee is too chinney to be a world champion. Look at his previous fights. Look at the type of shots that rock/drop him.

And the future is now.

-He would smash Khabib and show him what real American rasslin’ looks like. Kevin’s a better striker if the grappling cancels out.

-50-45’s Tony in a rematch without staph infection. He was taking down tony at will and gassed due to staph. Went 5 rounds in his next fight and looked ready to go another 5 without staph. Tony will likely never be the same post surgery too.

-for ConMan fan purposes I’ll include him even though he’s inactive but yeah...10day notice mini mendes easily took Conor down at will and would’ve continued to do so if he had a full gas tank from a full camp. Kevin is a bigger better chinned version of FW mendes. Takes Conor down in one minute and Conor quits mentally and gasses in round 1 even if he somehow survives the full mount.

In before you bring up the santos loss. Most champs have bad losses during their come up (Gsp/Serra, Conor/Duffy, Whittaker/court McGee, Silva/takese, woodley/Marquardt, Holloway/Porier).

Kevin proved he has a solid chin/ recovery by eating a barboza spinning kick to the temple and recovering quickly and continuing to dominate barboza.

10-3 UFC record at 25 years old. As long as he gets his weight in check he’ll be LW champ in 2019. Would say 2018 but the division is in a bit of a limbo as of now.

View attachment 383701
You mad?

Mcgregoat beat chad with a bum knee. Aldo, Luke, Werdum or any other top fighter would have pulled out. McGoat was a true underdog in that fight

I def think he'll catch the belt once or twice, but I think his chin is gonna prevent him from being a dominating champ.

And the future is now.

-He would smash Khabib and show him what real American rasslin’ looks like. Kevin’s a better striker if the grappling cancels out.

-50-45’s Tony in a rematch without staph infection. He was taking down tony at will and gassed due to staph. Went 5 rounds in his next fight and looked ready to go another 5 without staph. Tony will likely never be the same post surgery too.

-for ConMan fan purposes I’ll include him even though he’s inactive but yeah...10day notice mini mendes easily took Conor down at will and would’ve continued to do so if he had a full gas tank from a full camp. Kevin is a bigger better chinned version of FW mendes. Takes Conor down in one minute and Conor quits mentally and gasses in round 1 even if he somehow survives the full mount.

In before you bring up the santos loss. Most champs have bad losses during their come up (Gsp/Serra, Conor/Duffy, Whittaker/court McGee, Silva/takese, woodley/Marquardt, Holloway/Porier).

Kevin proved he has a solid chin/ recovery by eating a barboza spinning kick to the temple and recovering quickly and continuing to dominate barboza.

10-3 UFC record at 25 years old. As long as he gets his weight in check he’ll be LW champ in 2019. Would say 2018 but the division is in a bit of a limbo as of now.

View attachment 383701
You mad?
How long would it really last though if he did beat khabib? Tony would be next and we already know Kevin can’t beat tony

He can definitely do it.

He beat the Hel out of Ferg in the 1st round. It almost looked like a mismatch.

Wouldn't mind a sequel.

Hard to comment on Khabib until he's consistently active.

I give Lee good chances at gold.

Khabib will be at risk of being stripped if he doesn't stay active and always make weight 2x a year.

Tony having trouble post surgery is a real concern.

Lee has a good chance against anyone else at LW even if he is not the favorite to win, he won't be a huge underdog.

So your favourite fighters are Jones, Colby and Kevin Lee...

You really ain't my type of guy.

So your favourite fighters are Jones, Colby and Kevin Lee...

You really ain't my type of guy.

Jones is my favorite, he’s the GOAT.

Colby and Lee I like but I wouldn’t put them in my top 5

Thanks man, I don't like to add to the vitriol that's often found on Sherdog. I prefer to have decent conversations consisting of rational ideas, not insult spewing "back and forths". Granted, I've had a few of those on here, mainly when someone has to be a jackass lol

But yeah, I think Tony is the more complete fighter, but Lee can definitely pull out some wins were they to fight 10 times. I honestly think either guy could be khabib, not that they would, but they could. I think Tony stands the better chance, as he has the striking and cardio advantage over Khabib. I don't see him subbing khabib, but he very well could neutralize his top game. Tony's key to victory is to make it to the championship rounds, as we saw in the Ragin Al fight, Khabib started to fade a little bit late into the fight, probably due to his big weight cut. Fading against a guy like Tony is dangerous, as he's game from bell to bell.

Lee's key to victory is to keep the fight standing, where he can possibly out strike Khabib. Khabib has better striking then he gets credit for, as it's awkward, but still effective. I don't see Lee out grappling Khabib, but he has the technique and strength to potentially keep the fight standing.

Any fight among the three is incredibly intriguing, in my opinion, as I can see any one of them walking out victorious on any given night. Anyone saying that fighter "a" would beat fighter "b" 100% of the time really isn't paying attention. There's no huge gap difference in their overall skill level, some of them just accel at things the others don't. Those fights wouldn't come down to pure skill, more so it's whoever implements their gameplan that'll leave the octagon with a W.
Any time, man. Excellent breakdowns.

Back