Kevin Lee is without a doubt a future champion

Certainly could. I would favor Khabib though.
Other 2 fights could go either way.

1) I'm just saying lets wait until Lee fights Khabib to say "what happens for sure". If you find that super hard to agree with ,i'll have to assume you're pretty new to the sport.
2) Khabib being 29, in a lighter weightclass, and considering his history of injuries and his camp and their methods, he has a couple more years of prime left i think. Lee hasn't reached his imho.
3) Ferguson result i consider more or less moot because honestly i don't think that fight should have been sanctioned, Lee should have failed the medical.

If they fought "tomorrow" i would give a slight edge to Khabib, if in a year or two, ill take Lee as of right now.

We aren't talking about a couple of years.... The OP indicated that Lee is the future champ. That would infer what this year or next year at the latest?

To be the champ he has to beat Ferguson (who finished him) or Khabib.

Conor is not really in the conversation because frankly, who knows if he ever fights again.

So you give Khabib a slight edge today, but only slight. Where exactly is Lee better than Khabib? It's not like Lee has much of a striker's chance of one shotting Khabib, Lee has exactly 2 finishes in 17 wins.

Khabib has better striking (he does, it's just not pretty), better cardio, better chin (never been finished), better wrestling. I'd say their BJJ is probably on the same level so whomever is on top will have a slight edge.

Kevin Lee does not have a solid chin lol

Great fighter with a lot of potential but not only is his chin not a strength it very well could be the reason he never wins a title

He's been dropped or stanky legged his last three fights in a row and got TKO'd by noted power puncher Leonardo Santos

He's good enough and young enough he might be able to win the title in spite of that problem but it is very obviously an issue

I disagree. The OP provided mindless logic for Lee becoming champ.

Lee could very well be champ in the future but he has to go through Tony and Khabib and frankly Lee loses to both of them 9/10 times.

Conor is a non issue as it doesn't look like he will be fighting any time soon and even if he does, Lee is definitely not a big enough draw for Conor to even consider fighting him.

I like how you call out someone for mindless logic and then go on to proclaim that Lee would lose to Khabib 9 out of 10 times. This is based on what? To the best of my knowledge, they never fought each other. What logical rational thought process brought you to that conclusion?

Do you realize that despite being depleted from staph, Lee had Tony mounted and in all sorts of trouble before he gassed out? Do you think that maybe without staph and being depleted, the outcome against Tony could be different? The chances of two MMA fighters facing each other (in official fights) 10 times is almost nil, but that first fight was back and forth. I see no logical reason how you would think Lee would lose to Ferguson 9 out of 10 times.

Guys he loses more to than he wins

Ferguson
Gaethje
Alvarez
Poirier

50/50

Khabib
Conor

There's a lot of guys that match up well. Anyone with good TDD is a problem for him on the feet but Khabib in the top 10

And the future is now.

-He would smash Khabib and show him what real American rasslin’ looks like. Kevin’s a better striker if the grappling cancels out.

-50-45’s Tony in a rematch without staph infection. He was taking down tony at will and gassed due to staph. Went 5 rounds in his next fight and looked ready to go another 5 without staph. Tony will likely never be the same post surgery too.

-for ConMan fan purposes I’ll include him even though he’s inactive but yeah...10day notice mini mendes easily took Conor down at will and would’ve continued to do so if he had a full gas tank from a full camp. Kevin is a bigger better chinned version of FW mendes. Takes Conor down in one minute and Conor quits mentally and gasses in round 1 even if he somehow survives the full mount.

In before you bring up the santos loss. Most champs have bad losses during their come up (Gsp/Serra, Conor/Duffy, Whittaker/court McGee, Silva/takese, woodley/Marquardt, Holloway/Porier).

Kevin proved he has a solid chin/ recovery by eating a barboza spinning kick to the temple and recovering quickly and continuing to dominate barboza.

10-3 UFC record at 25 years old. As long as he gets his weight in check he’ll be LW champ in 2019. Would say 2018 but the division is in a bit of a limbo as of now.

View attachment 383701
You mad?

Tony says hello !

giphy.gif

who's looking mad in here TS ?

Anyone with good TDD is a problem for him on the feet but Khabib in the top 10
People lauded Barboza's TDD but that didn't stop Lee. If Lee gets a hold of someone, most likely they're going for a ride.

I like how you call out someone for mindless logic and then go on to proclaim that Lee would lose to Khabib 9 out of 10 times. This is based on what? To the best of my knowledge, they never fought each other. What logical rational thought process brought you to that conclusion?

Do you realize that despite being depleted from staph, Lee had Tony mounted and in all sorts of trouble before he gassed out? Do you think that maybe without staph and being depleted, the outcome against Tony could be different? The chances of two MMA fighters facing each other (in official fights) 10 times is almost nil, but that first fight was back and forth. I see no logical reason how you would think Lee would lose to Ferguson 9 out of 10 times.

Very true, but I think Ferguson wins the fight 6/10 times just because he has more tools in his arsenal. Lee pretty much has to decision Tony, who's able to keep up a fast pace over 5 rounds. I'm sure if they fought 10 times, Lee would grind out a decision in a few of those, but I have no doubt Tony would still win the majority (if he trains smartly and doesn't kick more stupid shit)

We aren't talking about a couple of years.... The OP indicated that Lee is the future champ. That would infer what this year or next year at the latest?

To be the champ he has to beat Ferguson (who finished him) or Khabib.

Conor is not really in the conversation because frankly, who knows if he ever fights again.

So you give Khabib a slight edge today, but only slight. Where exactly is Lee better than Khabib? It's not like Lee has much of a striker's chance of one shotting Khabib, Lee has exactly 2 finishes in 17 wins.

Khabib has better striking (he does, it's just not pretty), better cardio, better chin (never been finished), better wrestling. I'd say their BJJ is probably on the same level so whomever is on top will have a slight edge.
i don't think khabibs standup is better, and outside of khabib i think Lee might be one of the best grapplers in the division. I mean like top 5' ish or so. I do agree it's not super well proven yet but he's clearly showed some excellence in my opinion.

Very true, but I think Ferguson wins the fight 6/10 times just because he has more tools in his arsenal. Lee pretty much has to decision Tony, who's able to keep up a fast pace over 5 rounds. I'm sure if they fought 10 times, Lee would grind out a decision in a few of those, but I have no doubt Tony would still win the majority (if he trains smartly and doesn't kick more stupid shit)
OK, that sounds reasonable and well thought out....which is rare on Sherdog.

Ortega is a confirmed PED user though. So why are you even mentioning/supporting him?

Double standards, is normal.

You only bash steroid users when it’s convienent for your fallen heroes like shogun getting destroyed by GOATJones.
D918C47D-7660-4802-8858-16C2DC71F8C9.gif

Ortega is a confirmed PED user though. So why are you even mentioning/supporting him?

Double standards, is normal.

You only bash steroid users when it’s convienent for your fallen heroes like shogun getting destroyed by GOATJones.
View attachment 383761
Apologies. Remove Ortega. He is a PED using cheat. I accept.

Apologies. Remove Ortega. He is a PED using cheat. I accept.

Nope. Too late. Screenshot taken. All of your future steroid bashing post are null and void.

You’ve been exposed as a lying cheating sherdog poster.

You know all too well “cheaters NEVER prosper”. You’re in that category now you fraud!

Back