Kevin lee is proving alot of ppl wrong

That whole personality thing is hit and miss for fighters. They're seeing that they have to make noise in order to make money so I'm learning to not give a F about any of that nonsense. You can't blame these dudes for wanting to afford a house... If you're looking for personality, go talk to a politician or car salesman.

He has successfully talked himself into a very relevant fight, so he has to have some fans. This fight is a huge opportunity for him, if he beats tony the hypetrain will really get rolling. But if he loses, he hasn't had those signature victories that will make him a perrenial contender, imo.

Jake Matthews has turned out to be a fairly mediocre fighter, at least in terms of the UFC. They were really hyping him up hard but he isn't all that impressive

Yep, they had us well hyped about him at the time. He is still young though and may end up being a problem down the line so I will refrain from classifying him as mediocre just yet.

That whole personality thing is hit and miss for fighters. They're seeing that they have to make noise in order to make money so I'm learning to not give a F about any of that nonsense. You can't blame these dudes for wanting to afford a house... If you're looking for personality, go talk to a politician or car salesman.

You hit the nail on the head. If someone trying to make a living and provide for his family rubs you the wrong way you have issues.

He has successfully talked himself into a very relevant fight, so he has to have some fans. This fight is a huge opportunity for him, if he beats tony the hypetrain will really get rolling. But if he loses, he hasn't had those signature victories that will make him a perrenial contender, imo.

Looks like he is positioning himself to be the "most hated" which will garner him a lot of attention (money) a la Mayweather. Future looks bright

If a UFC fighter that finishes his last 4 fights does not impress you I'm not sure what else to say to you.

His stand up is not impressive at all from what I've seen. He is hit easily and is not dangerous. He has good wrestling and is strong. Just being honest

His hype train makes more sense than the platinum hype train.

Why not... i'm gona hop on.

We'll see if he's the real deal soon enough. Tony is his toughest match by a long shot. They could have given him another top ten before tossing him in there with the #1 contender.

WME thirsty for that star in the "urban"demographic...everybody loves a YRN.

jNtUDsgFIHpPbLNUDGEXq8cAhXZAL8tIqvPuMyyuaELKTCciOiR-48lr30Ccmtm8VEfDCnMeXE8

I like Kevin but his chin is gonna hold him back from ever reaching the top, imo

most people here are fat, Immature, Insecure beta types who don't train and dislike anyone with confidence In themselves.

100% the reason I dislike Lee. You're so smart...

Sike I dislike him because he's undeserving of the shot. Should've gave him Alvarez and let Gaethje get the interim shot.

Sike I dislike him because he's undeserving of the shot. Should've gave him Alvarez and let Gaethje get the interim shot.

Undeserving doesn't mean shit these days in the WME era.

Barboza injured and rehabing n tony just choked him out. The al fight was close i had it a draw.
Tony didn't just choke him out. They've each had multiple quality wins since then and are the best guys besides Khabib who you can't count on to fight. I thought Edson Barboza was just about ready to come back.

As for Iaquinta, it was a close fight and even more reason to run it back.

Let's be honest, he has been getting shat on from the start but keeps racking up wins in some action pack fights. I mean look at his record. They might not be the biggest names but they are some tough fights he won. Chiesa, Trinaldo, Magomed, Jake Matthews... These are some savages. So we should hate him because he got KO'ed? In that case I guess Mark Hunts fanbase (me included) should hate his guts because he lost a couple fights? I watched that fight with Iaquinta live and remember being impressed by Lee despite him loosing. It was his UFC debut against a solid Al and he more then held his own even took Iaquinta's back if I remember correctly but the round ended. We have seen him get his ass handed to him in the first round and still come back to finish the fight, we can all agree that he has heart. He is consistently looking for the tough fights. Who else is actively trying to fight Khabib "blonde afro wig" Nurmagomedov.

Ok, he likes to talk and boast. He's confident, he is supposed to be no? You cannot be a fighter if you don't truly believe you are the best. Period. There is no room for self doubt here. That's why most fighters talk like they are the best thing since sliced bread because they have to have complete confidence in their ability.

All I hear is cringe cringe cringe but I would recommend some of you go back and watch each of his fights instead of focusing on interviews, press conferences and who is wearing what. At the end of the day we tend to forget but this is not a personality contest, this is the fight business. I like McGregor but it's not because of his wit and charisma (that's a bonus). I became a fan when he was a "nobody" and I saw the way he dismantled Marcus Brimage.

That being said, Tony Ferguson is a beast in the cage. If Lee can get past him sky is the limit. And he will continue to prove the naysayers wrong.

W8atPNG.jpg

There is a corollary emerging that the haters and critics are having to acknowledge with each performance; the more people write him off, the better he gets.

He'll lay waste to tony and make him look bad on fight night, I'm calling it now.

So you're mad at him for taking an opportunity that was presented to him? Should he have turned the fight down?

So you're mad at him for taking an opportunity that was presented to him? Should he have turned the fight down?

Obviously not mad at him for jumping at the opportunity. Disliking someone and being mad at someone is 2 different thing. Don’t got to like the guy but respect him for stepping up.

People can’t force others to like someone if they don’t they don’t. If he proves me wrong and beats Tony then good for him doesn’t mean I have to be a fan.

Back