Kevin lee is proving alot of ppl wrong

BwamSolid

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Let's be honest, he has been getting shat on from the start but keeps racking up wins in some action pack fights. I mean look at his record. They might not be the biggest names but they are some tough fights he won. Chiesa, Trinaldo, Magomed, Jake Matthews... These are some savages. So we should hate him because he got KO'ed? In that case I guess Mark Hunts fanbase (me included) should hate his guts because he lost a couple fights? I watched that fight with Iaquinta live and remember being impressed by Lee despite him loosing. It was his UFC debut against a solid Al and he more then held his own even took Iaquinta's back if I remember correctly but the round ended. We have seen him get his ass handed to him in the first round and still come back to finish the fight, we can all agree that he has heart. He is consistently looking for the tough fights. Who else is actively trying to fight Khabib "blonde afro wig" Nurmagomedov.

Ok, he likes to talk and boast. He's confident, he is supposed to be no? You cannot be a fighter if you don't truly believe you are the best. Period. There is no room for self doubt here. That's why most fighters talk like they are the best thing since sliced bread because they have to have complete confidence in their ability.

All I hear is cringe cringe cringe but I would recommend some of you go back and watch each of his fights instead of focusing on interviews, press conferences and who is wearing what. At the end of the day we tend to forget but this is not a personality contest, this is the fight business. I like McGregor but it's not because of his wit and charisma (that's a bonus). I became a fan when he was a "nobody" and I saw the way he dismantled Marcus Brimage.

That being said, Tony Ferguson is a beast in the cage. If Lee can get past him sky is the limit. And he will continue to prove the naysayers wrong.

W8atPNG.jpg

I only know two of those names, and one is Al, who he lost to. And the other is ranked 10 in the UFC.

When u said "..when he got KOed"
I thought I missed a fight!
F U for making me feel bad for a second

I only know two of those names, and one is Al, who he lost to. And the other is ranked 10 in the UFC.

Fair enough, but If you have never heard of Jake Matthews you must be a casual fight fan.

There's a huge difference between the people who Lee beat and El Cucuy

i just dislike kevin lees trash talk hes exciting in the cage but he is horrible to listen too ill still watch his fights though

1 fight by stoppage, the rest is RnC finishes or decisions.

gets rocked in most fights

Talks crap like he's an entertaining fighter but his style is boring and dude has 1 TKO finish in his whole career.

He's like a walmart version of Khabib but talking way too much shit. OH yeah and he's not entertaining at doing that.

idgaf about him winning fights or not, he can't be a champ, not skilled enough. I just think is bullshit he's trying to sell the same old black athlete shit in the UFC and that works for him somehow. People fall for it every fucking time.

idgaf about him winning fights or not, he can't be a champ, not skilled enough. I just think is bullshit he's trying to sell the same old black athlete shit in the UFC and that works for him somehow. People fall for it every fucking time.

Well ok then.

I don't even know who he is or why people talk about him so much. After looking at his record I'm even more confused about the "hype"

Let's be honest, he has been getting shat on from the start but keeps racking up wins in some action pack fights. I mean look at his record. They might not be the biggest names but they are some tough fights he won. Chiesa, Trinaldo, Magomed, Jake Matthews... These are some savages. So we should hate him because he got KO'ed? In that case I guess Mark Hunts fanbase (me included) should hate his guts because he lost a couple fights? I watched that fight with Iaquinta live and remember being impressed by Lee despite him loosing. It was his UFC debut against a solid Al and he more then held his own even took Iaquinta's back if I remember correctly but the round ended. We have seen him get his ass handed to him in the first round and still come back to finish the fight, we can all agree that he has heart. He is consistently looking for the tough fights. Who else is actively trying to fight Khabib "blonde afro wig" Nurmagomedov.

Ok, he likes to talk and boast. He's confident, he is supposed to be no? You cannot be a fighter if you don't truly believe you are the best. Period. There is no room for self doubt here. That's why most fighters talk like they are the best thing since sliced bread because they have to have complete confidence in their ability.

All I hear is cringe cringe cringe but I would recommend some of you go back and watch each of his fights instead of focusing on interviews, press conferences and who is wearing what. At the end of the day we tend to forget but this is not a personality contest, this is the fight business. I like McGregor but it's not because of his wit and charisma (that's a bonus). I became a fan when he was a "nobody" and I saw the way he dismantled Marcus Brimage.

That being said, Tony Ferguson is a beast in the cage. If Lee can get past him sky is the limit. And he will continue to prove the naysayers wrong.

He's only proved me wrong twice,when he lost to Santos and when he beat Jake Mathews.Not perfect but not too bad.

Tapology
My Pick History: Kevin Lee
10 Predictions · 8 - 2

• UFC Fight Night 112 · 2017.06.25
  • Kevin Lee · Decision

• UFC Fight Night 106 · 2017.03.11
  • Kevin Lee · Decision

• UFC Fight Night 99 · 2016.11.19
  • Kevin Lee · Decision

• The Ultimate Fighter 23 Finale · 2016.07.08
  • Jake Matthews · Decision
  • UFC 197 · 2016.04.23
  • Kevin Lee · Decision

• UFC 194 · 2015.12.12
  • Kevin Lee · Decision
  • UFC Fight Night 71 · 2015.07.15
  • Kevin Lee · Decision

• UFC Fight Night 60 · 2015.02.14
  • Kevin Lee · Decision

• UFC 178 · 2014.09.27
  • Kevin Lee · Decision

• The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale · 2014.07.06
  • Kevin Lee · Decision

Gaethje would beat the dogshit out of him, and so would Khalabib.

You don't know of Trinaldo or Matthews? Both very legit fighters.

I honestly don't mind his personally and thought his win over Chiesa was impressive. He does however dress like a retarded bounty hunter.

Curious to his how his fight with Tony goes. I predict Tony by early first round darce choke though.

I still don't get the hype/hate. The dude's just another talented grappler with a mediocre chin who likes to talk his way up the ladder.

We'll see if he's the real deal soon enough. Tony is his toughest match by a long shot. They could have given him another top ten before tossing him in there with the #1 contender.

Back