Kevin Lee is Only 25?!?! This guy is the future.

pYYBQp.gif

He's got serious grappling talent....I mean it's really, really good.

The significant problem I see compromising his career is his chin....I've seen him get hurt bad a significant number of times now....He also fights in the most stacked division in MMA. If he's going to be the "future", I'd have serious concerns over this....

Even though TS is being sarcastic the Kevin Lee hype train is just proof that on Sherdog if you win your last fight you're the greatest & if you lose you're shit and were never good.

I remember when Sherdog had longer attention spans.

Kevin Lee hype goes way back to 2016 brother

About two years ago I said I thought Kevin Lee stylistically had a good chance against Conor in the future and would actually pick him over Conor.I got laughed at and him getting stopped by a Jiu jitsu guy gifs were most of the reply's,doesn't seem so crazy now.Lee would likely ragdoll Conor,but again that's my opinion but what do I know,I'm just the #1 of all time picker at tapology.Seriously though it would be a tough fight to pick but i'd lean Lee over Conor no doubt..plus his improvements have been crazy and like already said,he's still quite young.

We'll see how long he can last at 155. He has said himself that he will have to move up to 170 at some point... I think he'll still be good at 170 but I doubt he'll be able to ragdoll people the way he's done at 155.

I don't think he wants to move up, he also told Rogan that 170 is not ideal for him because guys his frame is too small for it, which is true..he's better suited to 155

Different fighters peak at different times. Just because he's 25 doesn't mean he can only get better. I can see him being the future champion, but so much can go wrong between then and now, and in Lee's case I hope it does.

Fuck, I don't like that guy!

He is probably the physically strongest guy at LW, with super solid wrestling, and he is improving his striking.

His only questionable aspect is his chin. He can be rocked and hurt. That goes for almost everyone if they're hit clean obviously, but would something to perhaps make a mental note of and keep an eye on.

I think Lee may well become champ though.
Give him some credit. He ate the same kick that ended Terry Etim's career and somehow came back from it.

Main issue I see it that he'll most likely have to go to WW one day. Will he be just as good there?

Impressive performance against Barboza. I thought Barboza was going to win. Still think Khabib ragdolls Lee like he did to RDA.

Give him some credit. He ate the same kick that ended Terry Etim's career and somehow came back from it.

The kick he ate was no where near 100% power since Barboza was being beaten up and drained prior to it.

Even though TS is being sarcastic the Kevin Lee hype train is just proof that on Sherdog if you win your last fight you're the greatest & if you lose you're shit and were never good.

I remember when Sherdog had longer attention spans.

I been coming here since the site opened (at the time I was admin at subfighter which was the 2nd largest mma site so didn't bother to make an account here),it's always had about the same % of idiots,totally agree with the first part though.

The only hope the other guys have against this specimen is if UFC gets rid of usada.

You almost need ped's now to make fights fair against him.

Short of infecting Kevin Lee with Staph you got no hope.
Of what? Not winning at 155? At saying he's going to move up and not doing it? At calling khabib a bitch for not making weight and then not doing it himself?

I don't think he wants to move up, he also told Rogan that 170 is not ideal for him because guys his frame is too small for it, which is true..he's better suited to 155

He said he wanted a 165 lbs division tho

I really want to see Khabib vs Lee..but again, I don't want to downplay the legitimacy of Poirier for the effort he inputs to get the titeshot
Finally, someone else has realized Poirier is not invisible.

He hasn't been dominated since fighting KZ 7 years ago. He's never been given a top 5 opponent before gaethje at LW, so we don't know where his ceiling is.

If he doesn't get the rematch with Alvarez, then he should get Lee or a TS. Tony is obviously going to be out a while.

I think I heard him on MMA Hour say as a youngster in shitty area he was inspired by GSP to drag his ass out of the hood and make something of himself, and he took in his little bro to keep him out of trouble and give him guidance. This is part of why I'm a Kevin Lee fan.

He should go train with GSP and learn some karate distance management and other Tri-Star stuff. He's already good at closing the distance fast and getting the takedowns.

Back