Kevin Lee is... likable?

You should hear what he had to say about Irish people (and I'm not even a Conor fan)

he always was (aside that time when he tried to talk shit about sage being a white boy and all that race crap)

He's a likable guy when not trying to amp up his persona and dress EXACTLY like Russle Westbrook. I think it's the Sonnen/Conor effect that has him. Hopefully he goes on to just be himself.... because the schtick isn't working for him. The crowd went mild when he said "kabib time" after the win over Barboza.

tumblr_p7nhfobOQ71ugv7b3o1_500.gif

Likeable is a strong word.

he's very cool

I really like his brand of confidence

that win over Edson really impressed me, too

these are bomb↓
633cb6_93afff8f54f14e559c7864460279f914~mv2_d_1750_2100_s_2.png

fucking delicious

the heat sneaks up on you as the brine half-lifes away

It was around the time Chiesa fight he was really unliked up until after the Tony fight for me, especially him laughing at himself after the Barboza headkick Im rooting for him now

I like the guy. He’s cocky, got the swag, can fight, young, great looks.... etc

Prior to the barboza fight i bashed him a lot for talking too much and fighting too little. He’s got a the braggin rights now but i hope he keeps on fighting top guys on a regular basis.

Personally I think he’s very likable. Damn good fighter and can be entertaining in interviews.

I keep forgetting the guy is only 25. He comes off likable, and also lacks that "i'm trying too hard", duechey thing some of the fighters do when they go from unheard of to being in the limelight. I think he has a great work ethic, and seems to only talk smack to the basic level one needs to hype the fight while seeming to just have fun. He seems to genuinely be enjoying himself. even though he got rocked,(show me someone who wouldn't with that kick) all of my friends and gym mates watching, plus pretty much most people I talked to after, recognized how dominate he was overall, and almost in synchronicity at my house we were like "I want to see him fight khabib"

there are not many chinese fighters as successful as him. I am fully on board

90 percent of Kevin Lee fans were haters at first...me included

So you, TS, never really listened to him yet found him arrogant and unlikable.

<1>

just listened to him on Rogan. Never doubted the kid's talent, just always thought he was arrogant and... mostly an asshole.

I was surprised how humble and down to earth he is. Extremely intelligent too(though I never doubted that). He's... cool.

I'm officially a fan now, of the man and the fighter.
War Kevin Lee!
I think just like he's grown as a fighter lately he's growing as a person too. His post fightinterviews at 128 both made him sound like a classy guy too given respect to Barboza, Khabib and Dustin while making his callout.

just listened to him on Rogan. Never doubted the kid's talent, just always thought he was arrogant and... mostly an asshole.

I was surprised how humble and down to earth he is. Extremely intelligent too(though I never doubted that). He's... cool.

War Kevin Lee!

Same here. Was expecting the usual cringe-fest again, but was disappointed to find out that he's a pretty cool cat.

Cocky fighter. Rise his hands when he only defeated a nobody and yet took him 5 rounds

War Kevin Lee!

He is likeable and I hated him for a while. I think the Chiesa era is when I flipped on him.

Cocky fighter. Rise his hands when he only defeated a nobody and yet took him 5 rounds

OMG people raising the hands??? In this day and age???? Your butthurt is totally warranted, for sure.

Back