Kevin Lee is Khabib 2.0

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It was like watching the version t1000 after watching khabibs version t800.

It was like nintendo vs atari.

the most exciting part of that entire fight was his chicken dance.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Awesome showing... Would like to see him do that to a top 3 opponent. That Lee is a legit top 5 155.

Awesome showing... Would like to see him do that to a top 3 opponent. That Lee is a legit top 5 155.

basically what I took away from the fight. Lee is definitely a top level fighter in the LW division (which makes him amazing considering how tough that weight class is). He has tools that could POTENTIALLY pose some problems for Khabib.

Nothing in that fight made me think he is Khabib 2.0 though. They fight differently. Kevin's stand-up is definitely better while Khabib's grappling is definitely better imo. Would love to see Lee vs Alvarez or Poirer to see who gets the next crack at the belt.

I don't know why people keep comparing them so much. I mean yeah the general strategy of takedowns and control is similar but Lee is a power double / single leg type wrestler and Khabib is about the trips and chain wrestling. They fight differently on top too and the striking is very different.

They both do things better and worse than the other.

He's on a one fight streak, and he failed to make weight for that fight.

I don't know why people keep comparing them so much. I mean yeah the general strategy of takedowns and control is similar but Lee is a power double / single leg type wrestler and Khabib is about the trips and chain wrestling. They fight differently on top too and the striking is very different.

They both do things better and worse than the other.

Exactly, Lee is more of a pure wrestler, Khabib is.a complete grappler

I don't ever remember khabib being an eyelash from being tko'd. sorry, but khabib completely dominated barboza, while lee simply didn't....almost getting stopped is not domination....

This could be the first case of both title challengers not making weight for a title fight?

this is in no way a proper analogy.

I certainly think he gives Khabib a run for his money after that performance. People just don't understand how hard it is to do that to Edson Barboza.

>Got slapped around by Iaquinta

>Got outwrestled and knocked out by a pure BJJ guy

>1-1 in his last 2

More like Khabib .02

<mma4>

Except for Kevin almost getting finished and losing the fight?

...yeah, let's just leave out that part

No but both of them are what all the wrestler fighters wished they could be 10 years ago.

So Lee has a longer undefeated streak?

Back