Kevin Lee is hyped while Al Iaquinta is mocked?

I think LW has a lot of diverse fighters in the division and it's really hard to get a prediction right, imo, with certain match ups.

Of the fighters who've been in the division for a time you have to look at Nurmagomedov and Ferguson as being the top 2 in the division - but not without their flaws;

Nurmagomedov - you know what he's going to do. I thought he lost 2-1 against Tibau - but since he popped for EPO, you have to question whether he was juiced for that fight. His entry into exchanges are sloppy but effective. I think we've seen evidence he can take a shot, but again, also leaves himself open to being countered.

Ferguson - probably the, or certainly one of the best fighters with his submissions. Does a lot of unconventional stuff. Very tough. A slow starter, imo - would have been interesting to see what would've happened if the 1st round of the Lee fight went on 20-30 seconds longer as Lee was landing some heavy shots on him.

Poirier - very entertaining to watch. A brawler very much, imo. If he fights Diaz, I think he'll take it to the ground like he did against Duffy.

Pettis - hasn't seemed to work on his TDD. Obviously very good off his back. Think his striking is very much the same with the kicks. Knocked Chiesa down with a punch, but looked more like Chiesa wilted. Nonetheless, a good confidence boost for Pettis. Probably be a good idea for him to take the Lee fight at 229 if he's healthy - which I think has being another issue with him throughout his career.

Lee - very good take downs. Underrated submission game that not a lot of people talk about. Still young enough, but if he goes toe to toe with a striker, he looks out of his depth. He's training with Dewey Cooper and I assume he wants to be more proficient with his striking, but I think he should focus on keeping his guard up and working on ways not to be hit and getting them to the ground.

Diaz - if you are a grappler and have some nous on the ground, it's probably the best way to beat him by taking him down. Good jab, one-two, puts the pressure on at the right time.

Vick - probably under the radar a bit. Big LW. Thought that uppercut he caught Duffy with showed he has some good power. Got KO'd badly by someone not known for their punching power. Doesn't really use his reach or height to his advantage when standing up. Think the Gaethje fight is a bit of a lose-lose for him - if Gaethje stands with him and gets clobbered, folk will expect that to happen.

Still a way to go, but I think that Hernandez chap looks promising. He was controlling OAM in a lot of the grappling exchanges - who is a solid grappler himself. Good cardio as well.
It's unbelievable how stacked, deep and talent-rich LW is. Greatest division in MMA history and it's not even close.. don't forget Conor at the top too btw

No need for a response like this. Why you attacking me my man lol?

Look, If someone you hate says 2+2=4, he is still right regardless of your personal feelings

Drop any preconceived notions and biases you have, and simply look at the content of what I posted. I challenge you to: )

Tell me what's nonsense or what you have a problem with

Surley you'd be able to point out specific examples.

If you are objective then you can see that I'm the one making sense

I mean he called Lee a star (he's popular) yet I'm the one who's outlandish?

Get a grip: ) Do you personally get offended when ever Conor is praised and given the credit he's earned?
I have nothing against you man. I actually like you.

That said, you bring up Conor every thread and it gets super old when the topic isn’t about him. It’s a bummer after a certain point. Like I said, I don’t hate you but what I say isn’t a lie.

I agree that Lee isn’t a star. However, I think wondering why he gets more hype than Al is silly, in my opinion.

Since fighting each other (lee in his debut), Lee is 10-2 while Al is 5-2. Lee has more finishes in that time that Al has fights.

Al has 2 fights since 2015. A 50-43 loss, and a win over Diego. Let that sink in. Before that, he won a split decision over Masvidal where most media had him losing. Those are his last three fights.

Yeah Lee loss to Ferguson and that’s fair, but he wasn’t quite destroyed, he gave a good account of himself, especially since he had staph. It’s not fair to use it as an excuse for why he lost, he may have very well lost anyway. Ferguson is a beast. That said, facts are facts and everyone knows fighting with staph is a huge crutch, especially on the cardio.

His win over Barboza may not make him world champion material, but it’s more impressive than anything Al has done, in addition to everything else I just mentioned.

It's unbelievable how stacked, deep and talent-rich LW is. Greatest division in MMA history and it's not even close.. don't forget Conor at the top too btw

I think it is too when fighters are fit and healthy. There was a bit of a lull in activity from the top fighters not so long ago.

I left Conor out on account that he's only had 1 fight in the UFC at that weight class.

I think it is too when fighters are fit and healthy. There was a bit of a lull in activity from the top fighters not so long ago.

I left Conor out on account that he's only had 1 fight in the UFC at that weight class.
I get that.

But does it really matter when that 1 win was a destruction of the champion who had just starched RDA the fight before?

Quality my friend, right? : )

To anyone who knows what they're watching, it's clear that skill for skill Conor is most likely the best LW on the planet. Agreed?

Conor is for sure, easily the best striker/boxer at LW by country miles (Conor is the best striker/boxer in all of MMA)

A lot of respected analysts would pick Conor to smash both Khabib and Tony

That said, you bring up Conor every thread and it gets super old when the topic isn’t about him. It’s a bummer after a certain point.

Mate, in fairness, there's a ridiculous amount of posts/threads about Conor when the topic has absolutely nothing to do with him.

I think if you're going to bring up his name - or any fighter - at least say something constructive about them, which I think @PROlogic does, instead of the usual "He sux lolz" or "He's the bestest fighter ever lulz" merchants.

Khabib looked like shit against a real estate agent

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

If Khabib ever looked that dominant on the feet against a bigger elite striker, you would be worshiping Khabib

Khabib has never been that dominant in his life lmao

Khabib gassed in round 4 vs a real estate agent

Meanwhile Conor dominated round 4 against a Diaz brother. Conor has the far superior cardio. Put Conor in Iaquinta's shoes in that round 4, and Conor finishes Khabib in that round 4

lol at the cherry picked video of Conor's best moments of the fight. Now show the montage of him turning his back and walking away because he is so tired.

Lee has been active were as al has sat out and whined alot,when your talking skills al is a top 10 guy maybe even higher but people dont like a whiner if you want more money go out and beat the best guys and market yourself correctly.I will say.i think lee has reached his ceiling though,he gets rocked way to much to.be a consistently elite fighter

Mate, in fairness, there's a ridiculous amount of posts/threads about Conor when the topic has absolutely nothing to do with him.

I think if you're going to bring up his name - or any fighter - at least say something constructive about them, which I think @PROlogic does, instead of the usual "He sux lolz" or "He's the bestest fighter ever lulz" merchants.
He’s not the worst, and I do like him, but I’m not going to give someone more credit because they aren’t as bad as others. That’s just me brother.

If you bring Conor up 24/7, in any and all threads that aren’t about him, and then talk about being unbiased, you’re going to hear it from me.

That said, he makes some good points. Cheers

Was al suspended, or just in the ufc bad books?

I remember Dayna was mad at him and wouldn’t let him qualify for a bonus for a while.

Yep. Haters bring up Conor way more out of no where in order to shit on him

But notice sherdoggers will never complain about that

When ever people respond to the hate, only then do they complain about Conor being brought up. It's very transparent. The real issue is that they don't like when Conor gets any credit

When people are discrediting Conor, it's ok when ever Conor is brought up off topic for that purpose (to shit on him)

It only becomes a problem when you refute the hating non sense and give Conor any kind of credit or bring up Conor in any kind of positive light

Does it really matter when that 1 win was a destruction of the champion who had just starched RDA the fight before.

Quality my friend.

To anyone who knows what they're watching, it's clear that skill for skill Conor is most likely the best LW on the planet

Conor is for sure, easily the best striker/boxer at LW by country miles (Conor is the best striker/boxer in all of MMA)

A lot of respected analysts would pick Conor to smash both Khabib and Tony

Nah, I left him out for the reason I gave and then there was the 2 years hiatus. I agree that he has the best hands in the LW division - and is one of the few fighters who can throw a punch properly in MMA.

I've had debates about his skill-set ad nauseum and it always ends the same way of being a NUTHUGGER. You pay any fighter a compliment and it means you have man love for them that's off the scale. <Fedor23>

He’s not the worst, and I do like him, but I’m not going to give someone more credit because they aren’t as bad as others. That’s just me brother.

If you bring Conor up 24/7, in any and all threads that aren’t about him, and then talk about being unbiased, you’re going to hear it from me.

That said, he makes some good points. Cheers
I never said i am unbiased lol

Everyone as a human is biased by nature

I have my biases, like everyone else, but I still look at footage objectively and tell you what's there

I still assess skills objectively, and then try my best to give educated opinions based off of that (as objectively as I possibly can)

Bias or not, just look at the footage and see how incredible Conor is.

Dont you think it's much worse when haters deny the obvious evidence thats there in order to claim that Conor sucks?

Did Conor not starch Aldo, dominate Holloway, starch Alvarez etc?

So how the heck can anyone pretend like i am the outlandish poster, when I'm the one providing analysis, breakdowns, evidence with gifs, always backing up what I say etc? Its so crazy.

Last edited:
Being a majority decision doesn't automatically make the fight not close.

Mmmm. I think the fight was a bit more complex than that - both fighters had their moments of dominance and there was moments it was - mainly against the cage - where they were going back and forth.

Nah, I left him out for the reason I gave and then there was the 2 years hiatus. I agree that he has the best hands in the LW division - and is one of the few fighters who can throw a punch properly in MMA.

I've had debates about his skill-set ad nauseum and it always ends the same way of being a NUTHUGGER. You pay any fighter a compliment and it means you have man love for them that's off the scale. <Fedor23>
Conor haters were running wild like this after Nate 1 too.

They were quickly shut up after the rematch.

Conor haters have gotten brave and crazy again because of the boxing match. Don't worry. Conor will soon shut them up again and remind the world once again

It's absolutely batshit insane that it's somehow become a bad thing to appreciate MMA's greatest striker ever in Conor.

Like if it's somehow wrong to appreciate the skill and fight IQ of Conor...

Then no one else can ever be appreciated in MMA (if Conor cant)

I never said i am unbiased lol

Everyone as a human is biased by nature

I have my biases, like everyone else, but I still look at footage objectively and tell you what's there

I still assess skills objectively, and then try my best to give educate opinions based off of that as objectively as possible

Bias or not, just look at the footage and see how incredible Conor is.

Dont you think it's much worse when haters deny the obvious evidence thats there in order to claim that Conor sucks?

Did Conor not starch Aldo, dominate Holloway, starch Alvarez etc?

So how the fuck have some managed to twist the narrative around and try to pretend like im the outlandish poster, when I'm the only one providing analysis, breakdowns, evidence with gifs, always backing up what I say etc? Its so crazy
I don’t think you’re understanding me man. Lol. I don’t have an issue giving Conor credit.

If someone was saying Conor was a tomato can, and had no legit wins, and you came in with your PowerPoint presentation on why he’s gods gift to fighting, and how you have a poster of him on your ceiling next to Jesus Christ, I wouldn’t have a problem with that. I’ve told you from the beginning I don’t disagree with most of your points although the bias is pretty insane.

That said, when someone is praising Aldo, Edgar, or discussing Lee verses Iaquinta, or other matchups where Conor isn’t involved, and you insert a plethora of build up just to arrive at your line about:

“How crazy it is that Conor is the greatest and gets no credit.”

That’s different. To me, anyways. It doesn’t mean I’m against him getting credit. It’s just that sometimes you come across as a vegan/born again believer who gets in these long dialogues when the destination is already set, Conor is the greatest. We get it man. That’s all I’m saying.

Conor haters were running wild like this after Nate 1 too.

They were quickly shut up after the rematch.

Conor haters got brave again because of the boxing match. Don't worry. Conor will soon shut them up again and remind the world once again

It's absolutely batshit insane that it's somehow become a bad thing to appreciate MMA's greatest striker ever in Conor.

Like if it's somehow wrong to appreciate the skill and fight IQ of Conor...then no one else can ever be appreciated in MMA

Yeah, true. Though I do see how Conor can be annoying to some people. If some one is annoying you and you have the option of hitting the mute button, I don't understand why they don't use it. Though I don't really care either.

Same on here - if someone doesn't like your opinion, stick 'em on ignore. Though most folk want to have an argument on here.

What has he improved? He still gets tagged on the feet.

He's still the same fighter who relies on his wrestling, his double, taking the back, and getting the RNC

etc
His striking has improved, he got caught with that wheel against Barboza but he looked pretty dam good other that. That was the best he's looked in the octagon against high ranked fighter.

Back