Kevin Lee is being heavily underrated.

PeskyOblongJaeger.gif

So I guy with a great chin can't get rocked?

That's a technical knock out. Kevin was never unconscious.

I think Tony is the better striker of the 2. Kevin is the one that has something to prove, Tony's already proven himself. That's why he's underrated.

I think this fight is going to tell us exactly where he's at. I'm not sure how good he is, but his last fight was impressive

Lee is at least twice as fast as Ferguson so it will be interesting for sure. I don't like how cocky Ferguson was in their exchange on FS1 after Lee beat Micheal.
Tony had weak trash talk so he chose to act like Lee was below him or something it was fairly pathetic.

This is a 50/50 fight in my eyes.

Lee dictates where the fight takes place because of his physicality. Cant see Cucuy taking him down. Lee is young and can make tremendous leaps in his striking. I wouldn't exactly call Tonys striking elite. I think this will mostly be a kickboxing match and at kickboxing range. I'm pretty sure this is the first time Tony will have a reach disadvantage over someone so that will be unusual for him.

Lee is at least twice as fast as Ferguson so it will be interesting for sure. I don't like how cocky Ferguson was in their exchange on FS1 after Lee beat Micheal.
Tony had weak trash talk so he chose to act like Lee was below him or something it was fairly pathetic.

how proof of this speed advantage?

Ferguson is 12-1 in the deepest division in the sport.

He's beaten Castillo, Abel, Tibau, Thomson, Barboza. You can call any of these a good win but beating them all means you are one of the best. He capped it by beating up RDA and chasing the former champion up to welterweight.

Kevin Lee is on a nice tear and looks very talented and worthy. He's not underrated, he's just fighting the most proven guy in lightweight, who is on an even more impressive streak.

LMAO if Tony loses.

And they said he was going to beat Khabib. If you can't stop Lee's TDs or handle is his top game how are you suppose to handle Khabib's?

What are the betting odds. That's a more realistic index.

I agree Lee is underrated but you lost me at an underrated chin. Lee's chin is finicky and not trustworthy to be honest.

He's being underrated and Ferguson is being overrated. This is a closely matched fight in my opinion, I won't be at all surprised if Lee takes it.

People these days think that you measure a fighter by glancing at a win streak on Wikipedia, in reality if you've actually watched these guys' fights and how they performed then you'd know it's very well matched and could go either way.

I agree Lee is underrated but you lost me at an underrated chin. Lee's chin is finicky and not trustworthy to be honest.
Because Shertards are dumb and spam the Santos gif instead of understanding that Lee is more durable than they think. Read the OP.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...or-ufc-216-poll.3596491/page-6#post-132932077

Tony is definitely a top lightweight but 14% isn't fair indicator of Lee's chances. I honestly predict he will win this fight.

His wrestling and ground game are really good. Neck and neck with Khabib. His chin is also underrated. People will spam the Santos gif but I would refer them to the Mustafaev fight. He showed so much durability and toughness shown in that fight.

Lee by RNC.

How do you predict this kid will win when he hasn't fought anyone credible? Even Ferguson's record is heavily overrated with few big name fighters but he at least has volume experience.

Kevin Lee is going to get absolutely murdered.

I believe the ranking system is totally unrealistic and misleading. You have can beating fighters who take all "play it safe fights" and slowly build their resume. They have low L counts but who have they fought?

No-one.

It's all setup to build eventual superfight that usually end in one sided fashion. This is why records don't mean shizar.

Not a fan of racebaiting personas, but the dude did like 3 Q&A's for Sherdog and came across as a really nice and chill dude, as opposed to how he is when he's cutting a promo. I support the SherBro !

War @Kevin Lee !

Because Shertards are dumb and spam the Santos gif instead of understanding that Lee is more durable than they think. Read the OP.
I'm not even talking about that fight. He's been rocked other times as well against Escudero and Trinaldo. The problem with the Santos knock out is Santos is a pillow fist, Lee is only his 2nd knock out victim. Rashad Evans (at least early in his career) wasn't knocked out a bunch of times but his chin was always suspect, you could never trust his chin. Certain fighters are like that, trusting their chins is not wise.

Back