Kevin Lee is about to do some Robert Whittaker s---

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-...n-lee-vs-michael-chiesa-stoppage-controversy/

“What is unfortunate is that [Kevin Lee] was booed for a phenomenal performance,” McCarthy said when asked for his opinion on the stoppage by a fan. “That choke was TIGHT & was not being defended.”

That's a quote from Big John McCarthy, one of the best refs in the business, according to several people. Not just me.
I missed this quote. If anyone has a say in this matter, it's Big John. Not internet warriors who's never grappled before.

Ferguson is gonna mop the floor with Lee.

Lee is legit. This is going to be a war!!!

Ferg's too big, athletic, and active/dangerous off of his back for Lee to lay n pray him for five straight rounds. On the feet's it's not even a contest and Tony probably has the best cardio in the division if not the sport as a whole to boot. I think Lee's gonna get thrashed badly like Josh Thomson did. Should be entertaining at least.

No matter what happens though I don't believe for a second that Conor would try and defend/unify the belt against either of these guys if he ever comes back to MMA in the first place; he'll only accept some nonsense money fight trilogy with Diaz. Same deal with Bisping, dude is never going to unify the belts against Whittaker or Yoel if he had won; he'll retire before even looking at a contract for a fight with either of them.

You do understand Tony finished Lando?
So what? Doesn't change the fact that he got outstruck for huge portions by a guy with a fraction of Conor's stand-up skill.

Tony isn't a pressure wrestler. He relies on striking to set up virtually everything he does. Khabib v Conor? That's a fight I wouldn't even consider betting on... Who the fuck knows what will happen.

But Ferguson or Kevin Lee? They would get starched. Their style and skill set is a cake walk for Conor. Both wouldn't last a single round.

Volkan Oezdemir about to do some Volkan Oezdemir s--

So what? Doesn't change the fact that he got outstruck for huge portions by a guy with a fraction of Conor's stand-up skill.

Tony isn't a pressure wrestler. He relies on striking to set up virtually everything he does. Khabib v Conor? That's a fight I wouldn't even consider betting on... Who the fuck knows what will happen.

But Ferguson or Kevin Lee? They would get starched. Their style and skill set is a cake walk for Conor. Both wouldn't last a single round.

Are you fucking retarted, Tony has already finished Barboza. Who is a better striker than Conor.

Are you fucking retarted, Tony has already finished Barboza. Who is a better striker than Conor.
Wrong. Barboza is a chinny fighter with poor striking defence which is why a bum striker in Jamie Varner knocked his ass out. Lol at thinking Barboza could even remotely hang with Conor. At 155, Khabib is the only fight he might lose.

Wrong. Barboza is a chinny fighter with poor striking defence which is why a bum striker in Jamie Varner knocked his ass out. Lol at thinking Barboza could even remotely hang with Conor. At 155, Khabib is the only fight he might lose.

gtfo, Tony kills Khabitch & beats Conor. Get real kid

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-...n-lee-vs-michael-chiesa-stoppage-controversy/

“What is unfortunate is that [Kevin Lee] was booed for a phenomenal performance,” McCarthy said when asked for his opinion on the stoppage by a fan. “That choke was TIGHT & was not being defended.”

John McCarthy, considered by many to be the best in the game, thinks otherwise.
From the unified rules and other important regulations:

"17. Types of Contest Results

1. Submission by:
    1. Physical Tap Out
    2. Verbal Tap Out
  2. Knockout by:
    1. when Referee stops the contest (TKO)
    2. when an injury as a result of a legal maneuver is sever enough to terminate a bout (TKO)
    3. when contestant being rendered unconscious due strikes or kicks (KO)
  3. Decision via the scorecards, including:
    1. Unanimous Decision - When all three judges score the contest for the same contestant
    2. Split Decision - When two judges score the contest for one contestant and one judge scores for the opponent
    3. Majority Decision - When two judges score the contest for the same contestant and one judge scores a draw
  4. Draws, including:
    1. Unanimous Draw - When all three judges score the contest a draw
    2. Majority Draw - When two judges score the contest a draw
    3. Split Draw - When all three judges score differently
  5. Disqulification
  6. Forfeit
  7. Technical Draw
  8. Technical Decision
  9. No Decision "
I don't see the option for the referee to stop the submision without a tap out. I guess kevin lee won by tko via rear naked choke.

From the unified rules and other important regulations:

"17. Types of Contest Results

1. Submission by:
    1. Physical Tap Out
    2. Verbal Tap Out
  2. Knockout by:
    1. when Referee stops the contest (TKO)
    2. when an injury as a result of a legal maneuver is sever enough to terminate a bout (TKO)
    3. when contestant being rendered unconscious due strikes or kicks (KO)
  3. Decision via the scorecards, including:
    1. Unanimous Decision - When all three judges score the contest for the same contestant
    2. Split Decision - When two judges score the contest for one contestant and one judge scores for the opponent
    3. Majority Decision - When two judges score the contest for the same contestant and one judge scores a draw
  4. Draws, including:
    1. Unanimous Draw - When all three judges score the contest a draw
    2. Majority Draw - When two judges score the contest a draw
    3. Split Draw - When all three judges score differently
  5. Disqulification
  6. Forfeit
  7. Technical Draw
  8. Technical Decision
  9. No Decision "
I don't see the option for the referee to stop the submision without a tap out. I guess kevin lee won by tko via rear naked choke.
Great cut and paste job. Bravo! Now forward that to John McCarthy who has refereed 1,000's of fights, and see what he says.

Great cut and paste job. Bravo! Now forward that to John McCarthy who has refereed 1,000's of fights, and see what he says.
You keep bringing Big John, but he never stopped a fight that way

I will be pleasantly surprised if Lee pulls something off.

Back