Kevin Lee is about to do some Robert Whittaker s---

I thought this thread was going to tell me that Kevin Lee was emigrating to Australia.....
Very disappointed it's just about him being better than expected and possibly winning a fake news (interim) belt.

So he didn't dominate the whole fight? Are you blind or just retarded?

The fight was stopped prematurely, whether the commission decided to keep Lee's W or not.
Nothing to conclude from, so I don't consider anything on Chiesa's fight, and neither should you, unless you keep hugging dem cojones.

This is too soon for Lee, I think he will be a legit contender in a year or two. He needs some more fights, ferguson will take this by experience. Lee is legit though.

Where is Khabib? WTF??

edit: Both of these fighters have the reach over Connor and that will be interesting.

The fight was stopped prematurely, whether the commission decided to keep Lee's W or not.
Nothing to conclude from, so I don't consider anything on Chiesa's fight, and neither should you, unless you keep hugging dem cojones.
Well you don't have to care. Your a nobody and the only thing thay matters is the commissons stand on it and they stood by a submission win. So yea your opinion means shit next to the facts

He is ok...but i suppose just cause lee hasnt beat any big names doesnt mean he cant. I dont see him beating any top ranked fighters just yet. He gets starched by any good striker
Fighting big Tony will be a great way to find out

One of many reasons for refs to stop the fight is when a fighter is not intelligently defending himself or herself. There are way too many of those to list here.

Michael Chiesa had a strong dude on his back choking the life out of him. He was fighting Lee's hands and suddenly stopped and his arms dropped to chest level.

Why did he do that?

Was he waiting for Kevin to burn his arms out?

No.

Was he waiting for Mario to stand them up due to inactivity?

No.

Was he riding it out for another 23 seconds to the end of the round?

No.

He was unconscious.

Yes, it was bit earlier than I would have liked myself. Actually I WENT OFF on Mario immediately after the fight.

Then I saw the replay...a few times.

Mario has made some egregious errors in the past. (probably too many to name).

I believe his reputation is a major factor in all the hoopla about this so-called controversial stoppage.

But the fact remains, Michael Chiesa stopped fighting a choke. A very tight choke. And his arms were dangling.

Mario made the right call.

The end.
The fighter is not intelligently defending himself or herself thing is about strikes. When the case is submissions you tap or sleep or some part of you breaks. That's not my opinion, that's the rules of mma.

Michael Chiesa's Mom
e0SuLIO.jpg

Still waiting for him to fight someone who realizes he can't strike and not try to take him down.

Whittaker beat Brunson, Hall and Nadal prior to Jacare. Even Hester in his debut at middleweight was an insane finish.
Are Hall and Nadal better than Chiesa? I'm not even sure Brunson is that much better than him.

This is exactly what people said about Whittaker before he starched Jacare.

Stop looking at wikipedia and watch the actual fights. The guy is a problem.
Well he better hope you are right , its quite a step up from chisea to Tony .

Until now, as I mentioned - no improvement since Leo Santos fight.

Lee has looked like a monster and shown great improvements taking out some great fighters in this 5 fight win streak.Your posts are hilariously stupid.You should just stop arguing with that guy you look like an idiot.

The fighter is not intelligently defending himself or herself thing is about strikes. When the case is submissions you tap or sleep or some part of you breaks. That's not my opinion, that's the rules of mma.
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-...n-lee-vs-michael-chiesa-stoppage-controversy/

“What is unfortunate is that [Kevin Lee] was booed for a phenomenal performance,” McCarthy said when asked for his opinion on the stoppage by a fan. “That choke was TIGHT & was not being defended.”

John McCarthy, considered by many to be the best in the game, thinks otherwise.

Will I receive a similar example from you? Or you're going to continue speculating with yourself about something that is entirely your opinion?

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-...n-lee-vs-michael-chiesa-stoppage-controversy/

“What is unfortunate is that [Kevin Lee] was booed for a phenomenal performance,” McCarthy said when asked for his opinion on the stoppage by a fan. “That choke was TIGHT & was not being defended.”

That's a quote from Big John McCarthy, one of the best refs in the business, according to several people. Not just me.

Back