Kevin Lee doesn't lift weights

Hershel Walker didn't lift weights either. He did insane amounts of body weight exercises and only ate one meal a day. True genetic freak.
herschel-walker-celebrates-his-tko-victory-over-scott-carson-at-the-picture-id114576009
One of his personalities ate once a day

holy fuck this is delicious
71DW2rmrShL._SX355_.jpg

and I love red meat + boobs, etc.

Wrestling is basically lifting weights. I can believe it.

Because he is a f...nat... I know what u r hinting at but the rest are still children

Maybe, but Ben Askren and plenty of other elite wrestling and judo guys don't have huge, ripped physiques.

yet when they match strength against those people, they usually toss them around - most weight lifting doesn't simulate throwing a moving bag of meat around that well other than throwing around moving bags of meat... also, elite wrestlers are not ripped? i barely watch it and they almost all seem to be - askren is just an odd duck and he still seems to ragdoll everyone

yet when they match strength against those people, they usually toss them around - most weight lifting doesn't simulate throwing a moving bag of meat around that well other than throwing around moving bags of meat... also, elite wrestlers are not ripped? i barely watch it and they almost all seem to be - askren is just an odd duck and he still seems to ragdoll everyone

My point is that if you just do wrestling, judo, etc. all day, you probably won't be ripped unless you have great genetics. Getting built like Lee requires that you do some kind of progressive, systematic exercise, whether weight-lifting, body weight, rope climbing, etc. Most wrestlers do this.

Building muscles involves damaging your muscle fibers through working out, then giving them time to repair. The repair stage = not working out so 2-3 times a week is perfect as long as he's hitting it hard every time.
Agreed. I'm down to 2x per week myself since I don't get enough sleep to recover from the 3rd workout. If I was a fighter I imagine it would be even tougher (although I'd get way more sleep I'd also have waaaaay more energy expenditure to recover from).

Back