Kevin Iole says Jones would be stronger than Lesnar....wut?

maxresdefault.jpg

strength and athetics expert

They’re both d level athletes, perhaps Brock is c level AT A PUSH.

i like Jones but bruhh, if we're talking physical strength you would have to be a fool to think Jones is stronger

Jones world absolutely demolish Brock outside of something extremely flukey happening but Brock benchs what Jones deadlifts. Let alone what Brock deadlifts

i don't think it's that simple. Honestly, Brock is big as fuck and has the TD skills needed to get basically anybody down. I would expect Jon to win because he's the superior fighter, but, sometimes, skill doesn't make up for the difference in size when the other guy isn't some unskilled clown either. Maybe he doesn't like getting hit hard, but, Jonny boy has never been known as a power puncher at all. I'm sure he can KO some fools standing up, but, idk if Brock will be that guy.

Either way, as much of a freakshow some will call this, I would love to see it.

Kevin Iole says that Lesnar basically looks strong but actually isn't that strong and that Jones has proven feats in the gym which show how strong he is.

Wut?

Couldn't be further from the truth.

No doubt that Jones is extremely strong, he's shown great strength in his wrestling, clinch work, and other techniques but he weighs around 220-240lbs. come fight time most likely. Lesnar who's proven he's also very strong in his fights and has been a much larger weight for much longer, thus more conditioned to carrying that large frame is probably around 290-300lbs. come fight night. That is an incredible weight difference especially when 10lbs. is a big difference. Even if Lesnar came in at 270lbs. that'd still be a 30lbs. difference over Jones. Jones also looked slow when he put on more weight for one of his fights and I believe he said he didn't like being that muscular because it slowed him down, his speed and reach being two of his biggest assets.

I'd say Kevin Iole was completely wrong and it's Jones who has gym muscles while Lesnar has more functional strength.

Kevin said Jones's strikes would keep Lesnar at bay. Well, Hunt's a far more lethal 1 punch striker than Jones's is and Lesnar got past his striking for the TD, granted they have far different styles and Jones's has a lot more output and varied techniques. But I'm not sure Jones's wants to be throwing out oblique kicks because it leaves him open for the TD and Lesnar. Lesnar also has double and single legs from afar and he can use body lock throws also wherein some other wrestlers Jones's has fought did more upper body throws. Jones's problem against Lesnar is he's not known for big 1 punch/kick power. And if you're going to stop Lesnar I think you need that big power otherwise he may walk thru your punch, get you against the cage, and get the TD.

Kevin Iole also says it'd be a boring fight, a squash match for Jones. I think that's the 2nd part where he's wrong.

I think a Lesnar vs. Jones fight would be one of the biggest PPVs in UFC history if the rest of the card is good and I think it'd be a great fight with someone being finished. And I think Lesnar would eventually get Jones down and hurt him and finish him. I'm sure a lot of people think Jones would win.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/make-no-mistake-jon-jones-destroy-brock-lesnar-181422240.html

What do you think about this article and who would win?

Jones can squat and bench more.
Brock just has beach muscles.
Jones has functional strength.

Back