Kevin Iole says Jones would be stronger than Lesnar....wut?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Combat Wombatt, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Combat Wombatt

Combat Wombatt Brown Belt

Kevin Iole says that Lesnar basically looks strong but actually isn't that strong and that Jones has proven feats in the gym which show how strong he is.

Wut?

Couldn't be further from the truth.

No doubt that Jones is extremely strong, he's shown great strength in his wrestling, clinch work, and other techniques but he weighs around 220-240lbs. come fight time most likely. Lesnar who's proven he's also very strong in his fights and has been a much larger weight for much longer, thus more conditioned to carrying that large frame is probably around 290-300lbs. come fight night. That is an incredible weight difference especially when 10lbs. is a big difference. Even if Lesnar came in at 270lbs. that'd still be a 30lbs. difference over Jones. Jones also looked slow when he put on more weight for one of his fights and I believe he said he didn't like being that muscular because it slowed him down, his speed and reach being two of his biggest assets.

I'd say Kevin Iole was completely wrong and it's Jones who has gym muscles while Lesnar has more functional strength.

Kevin said Jones's strikes would keep Lesnar at bay. Well, Hunt's a far more lethal 1 punch striker than Jones's is and Lesnar got past his striking for the TD, granted they have far different styles and Jones's has a lot more output and varied techniques. But I'm not sure Jones's wants to be throwing out oblique kicks because it leaves him open for the TD and Lesnar. Lesnar also has double and single legs from afar and he can use body lock throws also wherein some other wrestlers Jones's has fought did more upper body throws. Jones's problem against Lesnar is he's not known for big 1 punch/kick power. And if you're going to stop Lesnar I think you need that big power otherwise he may walk thru your punch, get you against the cage, and get the TD.

Kevin Iole also says it'd be a boring fight, a squash match for Jones. I think that's the 2nd part where he's wrong.

I think a Lesnar vs. Jones fight would be one of the biggest PPVs in UFC history if the rest of the card is good and I think it'd be a great fight with someone being finished. And I think Lesnar would eventually get Jones down and hurt him and finish him. I'm sure a lot of people think Jones would win.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/make-no-mistake-jon-jones-destroy-brock-lesnar-181422240.html

What do you think about this article and who would win?

2. Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Can, hack, UFC shill.

3. magicmarker

magicmarker Purple Belt

Depends who's currently cycling what..

4. UL

UL no more yellows

Iole is a f*****g retard

he used to suck the ferittas off so he could release breaking news

Dmurr90 and Jackie Blue like this.
  5. joeyjoejoe

joeyjoejoe Silver Belt

Lesnar is big basic and overwhelming, I’d love to see how Jones would handle Lesnar rushing right at him in the opening seconds of round 1. Reminds me of Mir vs Carwin, Mir was lifting big numbers in the gym and claimed that there would be no strength difference lol.

6. skysolo

skysolo Red Belt

Well at least Iole has met both of them and stood next to them.

7. McBlaze

McBlaze Purple Belt

thats like saying neil magny is physically stronger then yoel romero <RomeroSalute>

Lesnar is a freak of nature and phhysically stronger then anybody on the roster imo

Arm Barbarian and Jackie Blue like this.
  8. Bend NvR Break

Bend NvR Break Standing still is actually moving back

Jones world absolutely demolish Brock outside of something extremely flukey happening but Brock benchs what Jones deadlifts. Let alone what Brock deadlifts

9. GOATER

GOATER Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

They are both weak ass fuck when they aren't juicing.

10. jojoRed

jojoRed Brown Belt

Lole looks like the trinity serial killer from Dexter, but unlike the killer, he's a goddamn idiot. I would bet so much money on Brock completely destroying Jones in strength contests.

[​IMG]

Id also bet on Brock in a 3 rounder, Jones hasnt got the power to get Brock shook like an Uberreem.

11. Sapp

Sapp Red Belt

I think Jones would beat Brock in a fight, but yeah, Brock is almost definitely substantially stronger.

12. Sterling

Sterling Orange Belt

He didn't really say that at all, he said both are very strong and lesnar is more conditioned carrying that extra weight and it'll just slow Jones down

Jackie Blue likes this.
  13. Joshuaace

Joshuaace Green Belt

If they fight; I could see Jon having a "practical" strength advantage by the 3rd. Sheer horsepower? NOoooooooooo

Bend NvR Break and Jackie Blue like this.
  14. LostMyBlackBelt

LostMyBlackBelt Black Belt

Brock has that farmboy/wrestler strength built up over a lifetime of work, he is not just a puffed up bodybuilder.

[​IMG]

15. RJK

RJK Brown Belt

It's sort of worded weirdly. If you read it literally then he's claiming Lesnar looks strong but isn't strong:

It's a really weird claim to make. Then again, saying "But Jones is... a strong man himself" implies that Lesnar is also strong, so probably just worded poorly.

Lesnar more than just looks strong, he's a very functionally strong individual who moves extremely well for his size. It's not hard to find videos of Lesnar demonstrating feats of strength either, such as him handling the battling ropes much easier than Randy Couture. Overall this is just a hype piece and I'd say Kevin Iole didn't put much thought into composing that paragraph. His focus was on pointing out that Jon Jones is quite strong for his size, which is true. Not really worth paying too much attention to this article TBH.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  16. Sterling

Sterling Orange Belt

Ahh. I see

RJK likes this.
  17. frye666

frye666 Brown Belt

I would say Brock will have a strength advantage. But Jones has heavyweight strength for sure. And he is far more skilled. It won't be a good night for Brock.

18. AtaTheCrow

AtaTheCrow Immortal

2 loses in a row will do alot of damage, 3 and he is worst than he began.

19. MysticGOD

MysticGOD Brown Belt

People need to see this and realize how strong he is
    Lifting up 70kg man like its 10kg dumbell

20. MMAandBOXINGfan

MMAandBOXINGfan Banned Banned

Mir, " Those metal plates with numbers on them increasing means I got stronger. " or some crap like that lol I remember him saying before the rematch.

While we're on Mir... that hole hallway fight thing with Jones that was just two guys horsing around right? Or what happened exactly I never knew the story to that?

joeyjoejoe and Jackie Blue like this.