Kevin Casey should win this fight

No way, Jimmy was tailor made for Samman, and Casey is a generic version of Jimmy. Samman should look very impressive in this fight. To beat Samman, u just gotta be tougher, and Casey isn't that. His best way to win, is to constantly take him down over 3 rds, but I don't know if hes got the cardio, or tenacity to do so. Im willing to bet Samman tkos him in rd 1 or 2.

good point.

I don't like Samman, but considering what he did on the show, I see him favorite against Casey.
It's not the same environment, but based on what we saw, I see Samman winner

As long as Kevin doesn't utilize the hello I'm Chael, Quinlan or Casey oooh I have top position what do I do next it should be a competitive fight. If Casey gains some GNP he should have a slight edge but Samman is out to prove himself that might be the determining factor.

Sonnen seemed to believe in Kevin, which makes me think perhaps he's one of those guys who's great in training, but underperforms in fights. Theoretically his style may be a bad matchup for Samman, but Josh looked MUCH better in his Tuf fights and is the rightful favorite, IMO
I think that is likely the case. Machida actually brought up Kevin Casey (along with Glover Texeira) when asked about his best (or maybe just tough/good) training partners in the past year.

Back