Kettlebell deadlifts

I don't think I ever did even a single TGU after that. And I don't lift anymore.
I don't know man, sounds like you may have had a career had you stuck with it with that much natural ability doing that after only four months. I nearly pissed myself with joy when I did a 60lbs TGU and that was after about a year.

I don't know man, sounds like you may have had a career had you stuck with it with that much natural ability doing that after only four months. I nearly pissed myself with joy when I did a 60lbs TGU and that was after about a year.
I think there's some middle ground between the two. He's probably a lot stronger in various lifts and weighs more than you. I think I did 50-55lbs after maybe trying TUG for a few weeks and I'm not that strong at weights compared to most guys here. It didn't feel very safe though and I wont do it again before I progress to it naturally. Felt like my shoulder was about to snap for a moment.

100lbs one of the first few times trying it (that was how I understood it) and only after 4 months of lifting weights sounds pretty insane though.

I think there's some middle ground between the two. He's probably a lot stronger in various lifts and weighs more than you. I think I did 50-55lbs after maybe trying TUG for a few weeks and I'm not that strong at weights compared to most guys here. It didn't feel very safe though and I wont do it again before I progress to it naturally. Felt like my shoulder was about to snap for a moment.

100lbs one of the first few times trying it (that was how I understood it) and only after 4 months of lifting weights sounds pretty insane though.
I'm sure there is a weight discrepancy between him and myself. Also when I say "one year" it wasn't a dedicated year of trying to improve my TGUs, which I probably should have qualified. I was doing it maybe once or twice a week along with other lifts, I've known people doing TGUs once or so a week and they took almost a month just to get the proper form down.

Still that's impressive, weight difference regardless.

FWIW, Dan John has been tight with Pavel but he’s on the record for being against heavy TGUs. (No one asked Bu no thought I’d throw that out there.)

To the OP, one leg deadlifts will make the kb seem heavier, but I agree with others that the traditional kb exercises will be more bang for the buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back