Keto vs Intermittent fasting?

I'm about to get fat again and I want to avoid that. Usually when I need to correct my life and get back on track with weight I did "Low car" aka keto. Lately I've also heard some things about intermittent fast. Can someone share their opinions on the differences. I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs.

Start with 16/8 I.F

I've had great results when I use it.

I go for intermittent fasting, i can easily do 24 hours without eating, sometimes even more, i just go crazy with the coffee at work.

However when i sit down to eat, i eat period, i dont want to worry about calories.

So IF, just because its easier.

then you aren't fasting

I'm about to get fat again and I want to avoid that. Usually when I need to correct my life and get back on track with weight I did "Low car" aka keto. Lately I've also heard some things about intermittent fast. Can someone share their opinions on the differences. I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs.
Fasting is not natural and dieting is a T killer.

Eat healthy fats, run up hill, and stop sugar.

LOL @ java breaking the fast

the biggest guy that writes about IF even suggests drinking coffee

Referring to Martin or that new guy i can't remember his name? Either way, coffee never did any negative aspects when i did IF. I just like eating whenever i feel like it.

Fasting is not natural and dieting is a T killer.

Eat healthy fats, run up hill, and stop sugar.
Giving your stomach a break is not natural?
Being in a constant fed state is not natural.

It’s ok if you’re doing a caloric fast. However, if you want to spike up your hgh, testosterone and all the other benefits that we slow down your aging, then you can’t consume anything that your body will metabolize. You can only drink water.

It’s ok if you’re doing a caloric fast. However, if you want to spike up your hgh, testosterone and all the other benefits that we slow down your aging, then you can’t consume anything that your body will metabolize. You can only drink water.

I'd be interested in reading sources on this. Any sources you can share?

I'd be interested in reading sources on this. Any sources you can share?
@4:35 into the video.

Also, the video in the post before your post is another source.

Last edited:
@4:35 into the video.

Also, the video of in the post before your post is another source.

The primary (beneficial) biological process you're initiating via fasting is autophagy. A number of studies have shown that coffee consumption may actually help induce autophagy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25268764
Fasting's awesome but we're still learning the intricacies of it's effects (I wouldn't be so quick to make definitive statements). Dr Jason Fung has done some good work.

I'm currently on day 8 of Keto. I changed everything right away except for my liquids. They still had good amount of carbs in them. I just didn't want to throw them out.
I'm definitely eating less. For the most part I feel better. Been drinking water lemon water before and after bed which could be another reason I feel better.

Right now though I am hungry as hell and so i'll eat. 4 eggs with butter and heavy cream. Yum.

So starting IF today (16/8). Was going to eat from 1-9pm. Work out in between lunch and dinner. Is it ok to drink Green Tea in the morning? Obviously with no sugar.

Back