Ketlen Vieira feeling ‘fooled’ by Amanda Nunes, confident she’s next in line for UFC belt

it just like the tuf final winners contracts are time based. cris has signed yearly contracts and this deal didn't have a champ clause she said so she can walk when the time is up.
She can't. If UFC honor their part of the deal and offers Cyborg some fights, she HAS TO show up and fight twice before going to boxing/Bellator. It can take until early 2019 or until late 2020, if UFC is offering her some fights, she eventually has to accept and fight. Sitting and waiting is not a option.

I have no idea who she is. That’s a problem. Especially with the UFC who are struggling with their archaic Ppv business model.

She can't. If UFC honor their part of the deal and offers Cyborg some fights, she HAS TO show up and fight twice before going to boxing/Bellator. It can take until early 2019 or until late 2020, if UFC is offering her some fights, she eventually has to accept and fight. Sitting and waiting is not a option.

I disagree. cris doesn't have to fight if she not happen with any offers and know in march she can walk if she wants to do that.

Nunes is really starting to get a bad rap as a fight dodger, first she calls out Cyborg, then backs out because Ketlen is supposed to be a "deserving contender" and now she's backing out of that for a bigger name in Holm. The UFC should just make Nunes go back to her 145 bid, and Holm v Ketlen will decide the #1 contender.
<mma3>

This. It's the fairest option and pretty much the only way to please casuals and sherdoggers alike.

Vieira is 4-0 and just beat the last fighter to beat Nunes. Holly last win at 135 was against a bum.

Ok but Holly is #1 contender in the rankings and hasn't fought the current champion, so why should she get leapfrogged by a lower ranked fighter?

Both Correia and Cat are former title contenders, I don't think a win over Zingano is much more of a statement at this point considering Cat was 0-2 (0-3) and came off a two year layoff at the time of their fight. Had she beaten a clear top BW at the time (say Valentina or Pena, or Raquel) I'd say she definitely deserves it but that ain't the case. Also, a split decision victory is somewhat less impressive than a headkick KO.

I am not trying to put KV down here, just saying there is a lot of subjectivity involved, it really depends on what aspects you choose to emphasize. If there was a clear #1 contender we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Again, the best it if Ketlen and Holly fight it out for the #1 contender spot while Nunes fights Cyborg. But if the UFC gives the TS to Holly next it wouldn't be outrageous. It very much depends on what Nunes wants to do to be honest.

Last edited:
I disagree. cris doesn't have to fight if she not happen with any offers and know in march she can walk if she wants to do that.
UFC will offer her some fights, if she likes them or not doesn't matter. And you can't disagree, i'm speaking facts here, not opinions.

UFC will offer her some fights, if she likes them or not doesn't matter. And you can't disagree, i'm speaking facts here, not opinions.
You'll never convince @snackod of logical thought concerning Cyborg guy has opinions like "Cyborg took a ton of steroids to duck Ronda at 135" before Rhonda had even started mma too <45>

Nunes should fight anyone they put in front of him. None of these 135 girls has anything for her. She should keep active and keep making bank.

unfortunately, Ketlen's only choice might be adopt a female Colby Covington persona if she wants to give herself a name with today's fans and a shot with today's UFC.

unfortunately, Ketlen's only choice might be adopt a female Colby Covington persona if she wants to give herself a name with today's fans and a shot with today's UFC.

To be honest, I think what she needs is a solid win against a top BW is what she needs. Her claim to the TS relies primarily off a split decision victory over a 0-2 Zingano who hadn't fought in two years. Definitely a good win for such a young fighter but not really enough to make a bullet-proof argument that she is next in line.

I hope she fights Pennington, Pena or Holly next, and then get a TS.

Nunes will take any fight possible except that Cyborg one. :D

Need to back her into a corner and trap her with it.. she liked to talk about it but no signing huh.

Back