Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Putting us in a nice spot to come out ahead today Shark. I'm liking it....

I certainly can't complain about getting almost half my total investment back already after 2 races with still 5 races to go. Let's keep it going, T, and crush this day.

I must say that I'm quite surprised that the public is letting Practical Joke go off at 2/1 considering the advantages he has over this field. Thought he'd be bet down to something closer to even money in this race. Not complaining at all of course. You guys know that I've always been high on American Anthem, though, so he's really the only one who scares me in this spot. But I have a small amount of protection there if a hot pace does develop up front, which is what I'm expecting.

Not the best result there, but I'll take it. Would have been nice to see American Anthem get second. Ah well.

Goes off at exactly 2/1. Well, thanks for that.

Not the best result there, but I'll take it. Would have been nice to see American Anthem get second. Ah well.

What did you have on that race, T? Transferring that 1u exacta play from the Personal Ensign and then adding it to what I already planned for Practical Joke in the win spot helped me a lot. Did you still manage a profit?

If he runs to his looks then we're in a good spot here with Divining Rod. Looks strong, alert, and ready to run.

What did you have on that race, T? Transferring that 1u exacta play from the Personal Ensign and then adding it to what I already planned for Practical Joke in the win spot helped me a lot. Did you still manage a profit?

I had already locked in the exacta in the Personal Ensign before I saw the scratch, so I left the King's Bishop with 2u on Practical Joke to win and then the exacta box small and the trifecta box tiny. All said and done it ended up being a small profit.

I had already locked in the exacta in the Personal Ensign before I saw the scratch, so I left the King's Bishop with 2u on Practical Joke to win and then the exacta box small and the trifecta box tiny. All said and done it ended up being a small profit.

I gotcha, T. You could do worse than being on the right side of breaking even.

That was impressive.

Yeah, you can't do much besides tip your cap when a heavy favourite shows up and is ready to run like that. None of the others had a chance.

Sorry to bother, but is there a TLDR on your picks @Sharkey? I definitely appreciate your insight, but it is overwhelming for me right now lol

G1 Sword Dancer (race 10) - Bigger Picture to place for 2u

G1 Travers (race 11) - Good Samaritan to win for 5u and then a bunch of exactas with Good Samaritan, Tapwrit, Irap over Good Samaritan, Tapwrit, Irap, Gunnevera for 0.5u each (6u total).

G2 Ballston Spa (race 12) - Antonoe to win for 2u

I also threw in a small $2 trifecta box with those 4 horses mentioned in the Travers.

That's what we have left for the races today @Jae Gibbz

G1 Sword Dancer (race 10) - Bigger Picture to place for 2u

G1 Travers (race 11) - Good Samaritan to win for 5u and then a bunch of exactas with Good Samaritan, Tapwrit, Irap over Good Samaritan, Tapwrit, Irap, Gunnevera for 0.5u each (6u total).

G2 Ballston Spa (race 12) - Antonoe to win for 2u

I also threw in a small $2 trifecta box with those 4 horses mentioned in the Travers.

That's what we have left for the races today @Jae Gibbz
Sorry to be another pain lol. What tracks are these on? having a hard time finding these in the racebook

Back