Kentucky Derby...and Beyond? | Page 73

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Sharkey, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Sharkey Silver Belt

Sharkey
    Nice card going on at Belmont right now with the Suburban, Belmont Sprint, Dwyer, and a couple of really nice turf races including an intriguing race between Yoshida and Oscar Performance. I didn't do any capping of it since I've been really busy the last week or so. But this is quite the nice card put together. Practical Joke is running in the Dwyer shortly here against horses like Battalion Runner and the up and comer Guiseppe the Great.

t6p likes this.
  2. Sharkey Silver Belt

Sharkey
    Practical Joke won that race really easily despite looking like he might be in trouble earlier in the race. Nice performance by him.

Since the race is still over an hour away and I have time to get down to the OTB, I'm going to run down there and make a $50 play on Matt King Coal to win the Suburban against the likes of Shaman Ghost, Keen Ice, and the rest. I've always been high on that horse going back to last year before he got injured in the Wood, and he has come back quite strong since returning with him winning 3 of 5 ( a short neck away from 4 in a row). There's also no speed in this race besides him. No speed. None. The other entries are all off the pace types, so this is about the most obvious example of the "lone speed angle" you can possibly find. The distance may be a question with him, but with him very likely to be the controlling speed there's a good chance he gets a nice energy conserving trip on the front end. So yeah. I'll run down and play Matt King Coal to win.

Very interesting rematch coming up here between Mind Your Biscuits and Unified in the Belmont Sprint.

t6p likes this.
  3. Sharkey Silver Belt

Sharkey
    Mind Your Biscuits is such a good horse. Crushed what was a pretty good field. I don;t know about anybody else, but I feel pretty good about seeing something in him when we played him at 20/1 or so last fall.

In addition to Matt King Coal in the Suburban, I'm going to try Yoshida in the Belmont Derby as well and hope some of the public ignores or is unaware of how impressive his turn of foot is when he showed it on the Preakness undercard. I'll play both of those for 2.5u each I guess since they should be similar odds.

t6p likes this.
  4. Sharkey Silver Belt

Sharkey
    I should have stayed home after seeing those garbage performances.