Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

im curious how much those well versed in horse racing wager on a race like this. can anyone provide an estimate?

The vast majority of the money bet into this race is from casual public money. If that's what you're asking. My guess is that it's at least 80% casual money and probably higher than that. To give you a quick example for this year's field, Patch is currently 12/1 based on him having only the one eye. If he had two eyes he'd probably be closer to 40/1 or so.

my bets

Tapwrit, Irish War Cry, Always Dreaming

My favorite underdog bet is thunder snow from the united Arab emirates. This horse it was excellent running in the mud and at 20-one is probably the best play on the board

The vast majority of the money bet into this race is from casual public money. If that's what you're asking. My guess is that it's at least 80% casual money and probably higher than that. To give you a quick example for this year's field, Patch is currently 12/1 based on him having only the one eye. If he had two eyes he'd probably be closer to 40/1 or so.
I meant like the professionals

I meant like the professionals

The pros who bet week after week tend to live by the moto "bet a little to win a lot" for the most part. I would guess that most of those guys are investing less than a grand on the race and trying for overall coverage.

BOL GUYS! Bugle is playing! Finish dat Mint Julep. Let's cash these underdo..er..underhorses!

Last edited:
May the winners be yours everyone. Best of luck.

Thunder Snow is a beast in the muck..

But no UAE horse has ever won.....

He is due!

<seedat>

In on the 4 horses and Gormley to win because my father in law told me to throw 5 on him.

Good luck boys!

Terribly boring uneventful derby there.

Hope we had some tix cash itt

Lookin at Lee saves the day! Pretty much broke even. Thanks again to @Sharkey for all his contributions to this thread.

Back